Golden Tate hit on Barry Church

OP
OP
A

animalstastegood

Reaction score
That would explain my difficulty in finding it. After watching the clip, I remember being at the game during the hit.

Thanks!

12thbrah

Reaction score
Classic Tate response: Barry Church? Never heard of him.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
12thbrah":1f8zezae said:
Classic Tate response: Barry Church? Never heard of him.

I always thought responses like this were dumb. It just makes you look like you don't study film at all.

I thought his other response was much better when he said something like "As long as it's within the rules, bring it on".

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I like how it's golden tate's fault that sean lee runs down the field without ever looking at where he's going.

because there aren't 21 other guys on the field he could possibly run into/be blocked by or anything, poor baby.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawknballs":cqe3atg4 said:
I like how it's golden tate's fault that sean lee runs down the field without ever looking at where he's going.

because there aren't 21 other guys on the field he could possibly run into/be blocked by or anything, poor baby.

Yeah I never understood why everyone got so butthurt about that play. I thought it was a great block by Tate and poor awareness by Lee. Tate was just doing his job.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Its so cute how Barry Church is swooping in to defend Sean Lee who is obviously unable to defend himself as evidenced in this video!

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
HawkFan72":hmofrkvm said:
I always thought responses like this were dumb. It just makes you look like you don't study film at all.

I think it's great. It's by far the best way to condescendingly dismiss/belittle the person coming at you.

Ugarte: You despise me, don't you?
Rick: If I gave you any thought, I probably would.

Mick063

Reaction score
Tate's block on Lee, a player much bigger that Tate, with inertia on Lee's side, is the ultimate demonstration of how the proper use of pad level and leverage can knock anyone on their butt. "Keep your head up and your butt low" was the mantra of my high school positional coach. That was forty years ago. The basic physics of football have always been the same. Like mathematical axioms, they stand the test of time.

It was an outstanding, legal block.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Mick063":159p67fl said:
It was an outstanding, legal block.

THIS.

Lee got blown up because he didn't consider a smallish WR as a risk and was focused on catching and harming Russell Wilson.

It was an all-time* great LEGAL block by a smaller football player on a bigger football player who should have known better. I've watched the video several times, and in no way was it a cheap shot. Lee saw but just didn't process Tate as a threat, in fact actively ignored him in his pursuit of Wilson. Lee paid the price.

* all-time is a bit of hyperbole, I mean it is one of MY all-time favorite videos as a Seahawk fan to watch, possibly top of the list for a legal block. Yes, behind Beastquake and others, but still an all-timer. Also loved the block in preseason on Eric Berry that resulted in the great picture of Berry upside down in the air as Wilson runs by in the foreground. (So sad about Berry's cancer, prayers are with ya, dude!)

olyfan63

Reaction score
Anyone notice the Dallas-Detroit Drama Queen announcers describing the Tate block on Lee as a "cheap shot"? Well, that's what they do, stir up drama. So, no surprise.