PC on FX

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. Reminds me how lucky we are to have an owner that is passionate and knowledgeable about the team, but is smart enough to stay out of the day-to-day decisions.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
There were times earlier this season where Wilson needed to get the ball out quicker. It wasn't always a failure of the o-line or the play-calling, both of which I believe were unfairly thrown under the bus this season. As Russell became more and more decisive with the ball, the playcalling and protection have looked better. Not a coincidence. Impressive that RW was able to take that directive from the coaching staffing to heart and make the necessary changes so promptly.

mikeak

Reaction score
Yoonhawk":3hwj1i78 said:
Thanks for posting this. Reminds me how lucky we are to have an owner that is passionate and knowledgeable about the team, but is smart enough to stay out of the day-to-day decisions.

Of course Paul Allen knows all about RW - he represents microsoft :)

oasis

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHA PC's exchange with Fisher is priceless! Fisher was avoiding eye contact -- I wish I could have seen the whole thing.

"THat's gotta be so frustrating because you guys can be so good."

paul-rudd-dance-gif.gif

kearly

Reaction score
Insightful to hear about Wilson and the coaching emphasis to get the ball out. Same plays as before, but Wilson just had to trust the play and be decisive.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kearly":3m575qcv said:
Insightful to hear about Wilson and the coaching emphasis to get the ball out. Same plays as before, but Wilson just had to trust the play and be decisive.

More specifically, he said they started putting emphasis on that "a few weeks ago." Russell will march in whatever direction they want him to. Seems like what we had before was comparatively rudderless, with just a generalized emphasis on running the ball and making 'explosive plays,' which aren't always there for a variety of reasons. Good that he now has clear direction in that regard. I'm not buying that all of that quick stuff we've been seeing lately has always been available. Rather more of it became available about when the 'emphasis' started.

themunn

Reaction score
woooo hooooo
wooooooooo hoooooo
woooooooooooo hoooooooo
wooooo hooooo
wooooo hooooooooo

hawknation2015

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3eb4fx21 said:
kearly":3eb4fx21 said:

More specifically, he said they started putting emphasis on that "a few weeks ago." Russell will march in whatever direction they want him to. Seems like what we had before was comparatively rudderless, with just a generalized emphasis on running the ball and making 'explosive plays,' which aren't always there for a variety of reasons. Good that he now has clear direction in that regard. I'm not buying that all of that quick stuff we've been seeing lately has always been available. Rather more of it became available about when the 'emphasis' started.

Strange that I have not heard a single reporter this season ask Pete about getting Russell to get the ball off quicker. The data suggests that when Wilson does get the ball off in 2.5 seconds or less he has one of the best completion percentages and QB ratings in the league -- 113.2 QB Rating and 73.9% completions.

Here's another version of the Pete Carroll mic'd up that's pretty dang cool:
http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... 1e271509dd

trharder

Reaction score
Pete is a hero of mine and I feel so fortunate we got him as a coach, but that was borderline condescending to Fisher. Fisher looked like he was about to puke. That's probably how coaches talk to each other though, as disingenuous as it is, and Pete has probably been on the receiving end plenty of times.

Even weirder was the conversation with Paul Allen. Even though Paul Allen is probably one of the top 3 best owners in the NFL, He's human and appears to have reserved the right to whine about our starting QB to our HC. It is his team. Pete probably has no problem with it, but it gave me a weird feeling as a Russell Wilson apologist / fanboy. I hope Paul Allen doesn't read any of these Seahawk fan forums.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
trharder":2g2upiq4 said:
Pete is a hero of mine and I feel so fortunate we got him as a coach, but that was borderline condescending to Fisher. Fisher looked like he was about to puke. That's probably how coaches talk to each other though, as disingenuous as it is, and Pete has probably been on the receiving end plenty of times.

Sounded sincere to me. Fisher is a mediocre coach with moments of genius, though. So his teams perform that way, too, and it would be frustrating to see.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Nothing condescending about it. Pete is commiserating about how frustrating it is to be so close and not get the guys over that hump. He's been there before. He and Fish share USC ties; they're friends at least to some degree.

47degreesn

Reaction score
I love this! But question... During play I saw Pete and others on the sideline step onto the field in celebration. Couldn't this be a penalty for 12 men on the field?

Latest posts