If it's Panthers? 10 points or less against us. Lions?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
19 points. I would rather face the Panthers, especially if the Lions upset the Cowboys.

Either way it's a loss for both teams so really, what do I care? :D

Hawks46

Reaction score
Stafford is 0-16 on the road against winning teams in his career.

So the question is: who would be worse at the CLink, Newton or Stafford ? I'm honestly not sure. Cam's last game wasn't all that great, but Stafford was decidedly average against a worse defense in his last game as well.

I think we'd match up better against CAR's defense than DET's. DET's DL is better, their LB corps overall is better, and their safety tandem is way better. Neither team scores 10 points on us at home. DET has the offensive personnel to make it close, they just aren't playing well this year, so I'd have to say we beat CAR worse than DET.

hawks85

Reaction score
so we play the panthers or the lions depending on the lions game tomorrow. if the lions win we play them if the lose we play the panthers right.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
hawks85":2vk7j6bd said:
so we play the panthers or the lions depending on the lions game tomorrow. if the lions win we play them if the lose we play the panthers right.
Yes. As the #1 seeded team, we play the lowest remaining seeded team, that would be the Panthers #4 or the Lions #6. Packers play the higher seeded team, the Panthers #4 or the Cowboys #3.

netskier

Reaction score
I think we play the Panthers no matter what. The winner of Dallas vs Detroit goes next to Green bay, and the winner of that next plays the winner of the Seahawks vs Panthers.

hawks85

Reaction score
thanks jazzhawk. by the way that username is pretty cool. if we play the lions and suh try's that bs he did against rogers i think the whole hawk defense is going to swarm him lol.

Seafan

Reaction score
netskier":1xq3zqcv said:
I think we play the Panthers no matter what. The winner of Dallas vs Detroit goes next to Green bay, and the winner of that next plays the winner of the Seahawks vs Panthers.

If Detroit beats Dallas the Hawks will host Detroit.

Ruminator

Reaction score
If it's Panthers we play next weekend, it will be quite the silly mismatch and I expect we'll have them freaking out like Larry, Moe, and Curly out there on the field. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than seeing a Kam-bam-Cam collision if he tries to take off running.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Far prefer to play the Panthers. Think we would probably take care of the Lions as well, but they would pose the greater threat. Also the Lions going on an actual playoff run would be the worst thing in the world, because they're an incredibly unlikable team with incredibly unlikable fans.

drdiags

Reaction score
If the Seahawks play the Panthers, you get the best of both worlds next weekend. A slug-fest at the CLink and most likely a shoot-out at Lambeau. Unless it is freezing cold, then you would get the Ice-Bowl II.

I think there is a chance Stewart could have success like Murray earlier in the year so I am hoping the Panthers do their RBBC with DeAngelo Williams in the mix. It seems to make their running game less effective at least to me. Stewart is on a roll. Benjamin had a few plays against the LOB and Olsen usually gets his.

I guess 10 pts or less seems reasonable based on the past 3 years.

If the Lions play here, they did well in 2012 with putting up points against the Seahawks in Detroit. Could they bring it on the road? I don't see it but I also think they would score more than 10 pts. I could see them being like the Eagles this year and maybe score 20 pts because they will put it up and they have pretty good WRs.

Turnovers are the big unknown. Lynch and Wilson cannot be putting the ball on the ground like last game. Wilson and Lynch both seem to have the fumbles late in the year the past 3 yrs (Wilson NFCCG fumbles as well as Lynch, Wilson fumble in DC play-off game in 2012 and Lynch fumble in Atl in 2012).

hawks85

Reaction score
if it is the lions then they better bring there ear muffs and mittens. there a dome team playing in mother natures environment, the only football should be played. not in a friggin dome.

Riley12

Reaction score
drdiags":2fdqsf8l said:
Turnovers are the big unknown.

Yep. The importance of protecting the ball was the main takeaway from the Wild Card weekend so far.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Ruminator":1aywf9f7 said:
If it's Panthers we play next weekend, it will be quite the silly mismatch and I expect we'll have them freaking out like Larry, Moe, and Curly out there on the field. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than seeing a Kam-bam-Cam collision if he tries to take off running.

Even the World Champion Seahawks struggled with the worst team in football (Texans), worst team in the West (Rams), and worst team in the South (Bucs), at home. The NFL doesn't always play the script.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
ctrcat":10e1q67q said:
Ruminator":10e1q67q said:

Even the World Champion Seahawks struggled with the worst team in football (Texans), worst team in the West (Rams), and worst team in the South (Bucs), at home. The NFL doesn't always play the script.
If that's what you are banking on then...good luck

sutz

Reaction score
You forgot the most important thing. We have a better punter than AZ.

Championship!

:twisted:

Ruminator

Reaction score
ctrcat":15b3qo04 said:
Ruminator":15b3qo04 said:

Oh, I haven't forgotten those games or anything. If it's Panthers we play next weekend, it will be quite the silly mismatch and I expect we'll have them freaking out like Larry, Moe, and Curly out there on the field.

Polk738

Reaction score
sutz":2xm6uji5 said:
You forgot the most important thing. We have a better punter than AZ.

Championship!

:twisted:

I was wondering when someone was finally gonna mention this, AZ's punter was HORRIBLE today he was giving Carolina great field position ALL game, it's no wonder they scored as many points as they did. I remember watching the game and just shaking my head every time this guy kicked.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There is no way the Panthers will run on our D like they did against AZ, our D tackles better. Our pass rush will get home against Newton and have experience spying big fast mobile QBs. Their zone read run game will not easily succed against our D that doesn't blitz and abandon lanes like AZ's does. The Hawks also adjust better than AZ did against Carolina. If Cam throws like he did against our DBs the LOB will feast on him.

RW is no Lindley either and Carolina will need to stop the Hawks running game. Russell won't make the dumb mistakes that hurt AZ either, nor will our ST. AZ had no running game and the Hawks O will not be stopped for less than 100 yds total O like AZ was by Carolina.The recent formula will apply the Hawks will stuff their running game and eventually make them one dimensional while controlling the TOP by pounding them. Cam will see Avril and Bennett and all the rest of the D in his dreams/nightmares after this game. He may feel worse than he did after his car crash too. I wonder if thy really understand how tough our D is going to be and what the environment will be at the CLink.

Carolina however has played well against Seattle, in Carolina, and as such are not to be dismissed as not dangerous. They have a good D and some very solid pass rushers. Their O wasn't very dynamic though. I'm sure RW will get chased around by them a lot.They have the ability to be very dangerous. However, this game will be in our house with the 12s in full on home field playoff mode. It will be loud and will stay loud. That will make a difference. The Hawks however are a better team in almost every phase. I think Seattle will handily take care of business if it's the Panthers next Saturday.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2q9o6p02 said:
Far prefer to play the Panthers. Think we would probably take care of the Lions as well, but they would pose the greater threat. Also the Lions going on an actual playoff run would be the worst thing in the world, because they're an incredibly unlikable team with incredibly unlikable fans.
Uh, I disagree with this. My entire friend/family base are Lions fans. Great people who are extremely loyal to their team through thick and thin. Hence why I DO NOT want to face Detroit. I will be all by myself watching the game because I just couldn't be around everyone. It will be a bad day for me.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":13pxkmha said:
MidwestHawker":13pxkmha said:
Uh, I disagree with this. My entire friend/family base are Lions fans. Great people who are extremely loyal to their team through thick and thin. Hence why I DO NOT want to face Detroit. I will be all by myself watching the game because I just couldn't be around everyone. It will be a bad day for me.

Meh, I've dealt with tons of Detroit/University of Michigan fans and my experience with them is overwhelmingly negative. Obviously different people will have different experiences with fanbases though.