So we meet again

Pantherfan527

Reaction score
This is the game I wanted since the time I realized that we had a shot to make the playoffs. You guys are the better team, and have proven that time after time as y'all beat us at home the last 3 times. Now we go into one of the hardest places to play on earth, win or lose I want my team to play as hard as possible vs one of the best teams in the NFC. Should be a good game, but I could see it being a blowout if we make the same mistakes we did against Arizona. I would love to see my Panthers win, which is highly unlikely, but any given sunday.

Good Luck to each team, hopefully both teams remain healthy for the next game or the start of whoever loses offseason.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
We meet again for the first time for the last time Lone Star.

Should be a slugfest compared to the GB - Dallas pillow fight.

Schadie001

Reaction score
You guys have some great talent, I just hope my hawks don't look past you guys could spell trouble. I'm glad it's a sat prime time (night) game, we seem own the night. Thanks for posting, see you in a week.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2sgsmdyn said:

Should be a slugfest compared to the GB - Dallas pillow fight.
Lol love the space balls reference !!!

OP
OP
P

Pantherfan527

Reaction score
Schadie001":17jhntep said:
You guys have some great talent, I just hope my hawks don't look past you guys could spell trouble. I'm glad it's a sat prime time (night) game, we seem own the night. Thanks for posting, see you in a week.

I don't see y'all looking past us, PC will not allow it, its not y'all 1st rodeo as we all know, we got talent, but that talent is still developing, you guys got more talent that has already been developed and been there done that. And your 12th man will be out in full force (that is even scarier).

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Pantherfan527":1stiktaj said:
This is the game I wanted since the time I realized that we had a shot to make the playoffs. You guys are the better team, and have proven that time after time as y'all beat us at home the last 3 times. Now we go into one of the hardest places to play on earth, win or lose I want my team to play as hard as possible vs one of the best teams in the NFC. Should be a good game, but I could see it being a blowout if we make the same mistakes we did against Arizona. I would love to see my Panthers win, which is highly unlikely, but any given sunday.

Good Luck to each team, hopefully both teams remain healthy for the next game or the start of whoever loses offseason.

Whoever wins this game is who I will be cheering for to go and win the superbowl..hopefully its Seahawks but you never know Panthers have played us tough the last couple games

Reaction score
There sure are ALOT of cocky panther fans on some of their forums, what makes them so confident that they can beat us at home on prime time?. SEAHAWKS WILL DESTROY THEM, BOOK IT!!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
They won a playoff game with a losing record..That was us 4 years ago-not as impressive as then but you get the idea?
Nothing to lose and crazy about still playing..

Gametime

Reaction score
The Great Hawktini":2py4ibi7 said:
There sure are ALOT of cocky panther fans on some of their forums, what makes them so confident that they can beat us at home on prime time?. SEAHAWKS WILL DESTROY THEM, BOOK IT!!

This is where the casual fan won't get it though. Playing a daytime, East Coast, mid season road game vs playing on prime time, at home, following a bye, and a playoff game?

There's no way to know the difference unless you've seen it like we have.

This team goes from great to absolutely special with the above mentioned factors. I'm all for hope, parity, optimism, etc.....but just look at the numbers from an objective standpoint, take a deep breath of the cool night air, picture the cameras, the lights, the energy............... I simply don't see it.

The Hawks will be out to remind everyone who the reigning champ is and they will not be falling off the throne easily. Can't WAIT for this game.

I will concur thought that should we lose I'd be pulling for the Panthers. That won't be happening though. :thirishdrinkers:

drdiags

Reaction score
A fan would not be worth a plugged nickle if they didn't feel they could win. Why not? It isn't like players are robots. Hell, if the Seahawks hadn't turned into klutzes in the Chicago game after Beastquake, I had dreams of them beating Green Bay at the CLink to go to the Superbowl with a chance to win it all.

Fate didn't see it that way. You dream until you are snapped into reality.

This was the game that should have happened last year but for the 9ers being too tough an out for the young Panthers. The question is whether they can grow from that experience and put it all out on the field?

The expectation from Vegas and others is that they will have a hard time.

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
drdiags":34bmgj7z said:
A fan would not be worth a plugged nickle if they didn't feel they could win. Why not? It isn't like players are robots. Hell, if the Seahawks hadn't turned into klutzes in the Chicago game after Beastquake, I had dreams of them beating Green Bay at the CLink to go to the Superbowl with a chance to win it all.

This was the game that should have happened last year but for the 9ers being too tough an out for the young Panthers. The question is whether they can grow from that experience and put it all out on the field?

Oh man, I remember that game against the bears - Greg Olson and his 100 yards before half - straight up crushed my dreams. I have some love for Carolina though, I've had respect for their D ever since Julius Peppers played for them (possibly my favorite non-hawk defensive player of this era).

Best of luck to you guys! Can't wait to see you guys at home :)

ctrcat

Reaction score
Gametime":2dr3c9v8 said:
The Great Hawktini":2dr3c9v8 said:

This is where the casual fan won't get it though. Playing a daytime, East Coast, mid season road game vs playing on prime time, at home, following a bye, and a playoff game?

This team goes from great to absolutely special with the above mentioned factors. I'm all for hope, parity, optimism, etc.....but just look at the numbers from an objective standpoint, take a deep breath of the cool night air, picture the cameras, the lights, the energy............... I simply don't see it.

The Hawks will be out to remind everyone who the reigning champ is and they will not be falling off the throne easily. Can't WAIT for this game.

I will concur thought that should we lose I'd be pulling for the Panthers. That won't be happening though. :thirishdrinkers:

I've never been in the scenario described, nor was I in Tuscaloosa in 2010 when Cam, showered with relentless criticism, led his team down 24 in one of the most intense rivalries in sports for their first national title since 1957, but it's hard to imagine one would have too much on the other.

Rat

Reaction score
I hope for an injury-free game. If your Panthers pull off the upset, I'll be rooting hard for you to obliterate your next opponent.

kearly

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1iyhc8ic said:

I wish we could thumbs up / thumbs down posts. I would make 50 accounts just to give this 50 thumbs up.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Pantherfan527":1o8p1xrm said:

Schadie001":1o8p1xrm said:
No one will be looking past anyone, that's just a fan perception thing, there really is no "tomorrow " when the playoffs roll around.. As PC always stresses about championship opportunities, they will be prepared and ready to roll come Saturday.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Pantherfan527":30eoqqxm said:
Schadie001":30eoqqxm said:

I don't see y'all looking past us, PC will not allow it, its not y'all 1st rodeo as we all know, we got talent, but that talent is still developing, you guys got more talent that has already been developed and been there done that. And your 12th man will be out in full force (that is even scarier).
The hawks are not familiar with your new guys, so there's an element of surprise. Y'all have steadily improved, so nobody should take you lightly.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
Hmm. Athletic QB and a decent running game, with strong defense.

I think we've won this game a few times already this season...

I'll take it!

ctrcat

Reaction score
drdiags":pe58mflu said:

Good post and good question. While they were too tough an out and were simply meant to win that game to write the perfect script for the Seahawks, I truly believe it would have been a different outcome if not for getting stuffed on the goal line twice in the first half. The guards that were stuffed are gone btw.

Hawks46

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":qn6f47rx said:
Pantherfan527":qn6f47rx said:

Whoever wins this game is who I will be cheering for to go and win the superbowl..hopefully its Seahawks but you never know Panthers have played us tough the last couple games

You know, I could get behind this. I never really thought about losing next weekend (maybe that makes me an arrogant fan) but I could definately root for the Panthers if they beat us. I like rooting for the under dog, and I would LOVE to see a losing team get into the playoffs and get all the way to a SB.

I can't stand Dallas and I used to like GB until their fans turned into Forty Whiner MidWest Fans.

Gametime

Reaction score
ctrcat":dsik4kuh said:
Gametime":dsik4kuh said:
The Great Hawktini":dsik4kuh said:

I've never been in the scenario described, nor was I in Tuscaloosa in 2010 when Cam, showered with relentless criticism, led his team down 24 in one of the most intense rivalries in sports for their first national title since 1957, but it's hard to imagine one would have too much on the other.

Don't get me wrong.... I have a lot of respect for the Panthers and think this is a decent match up for you guys for sure. Much better than going to GB. I just think this "moment" is too big for them this year is all. Next year, all bets are off. They won a playoff game and had to rally the 2nd half of the season but this is the kind of game that the Hawks are simply built for. Their record and success in prime-time and "big" games is hard to ignore.

Can they be beat? Absolutely! Anyone can be beat. I just think it's a really low probability from a statistical and eye-test perspective is all. What Cam did to end the season was remarkable though. No disrespecting that in the least. If the Hawks lose Saturday I will be pulling for the Panthers for sure. Here's to injury free and awesome game and may the best team win.