Best time to buy aftermarket Championship game tickets

kbarwest

Reaction score
I am from North Carolina and plan on making a trip out to Seattle when we play in the Championship Game on the 18th. I came out last year and I bought tickets on VividSeats and paid around $700 for a ticket about 5 days before the game. That said, I'm leaning towards waiting a day before or the day of the game when folks get a bit antsy to unload tickets they worry about eating. That said, I don't want to end up flying out to see the game only to be sitting at F.X. McRory's watching it.

For those of you that were at the Championship game last year...and have experience with buying tickets in the aftermarket, can you let me know what your experience has been buying or seeing tickets being sold the day before or day of the game?? I don't recall people selling last year outside the stadium but then again I wasn't paying much attention as I was buzzed and already set!

Any help would be much appreciated folks! Looking forward to my hometown Panthers getting their sorry asses sent back here with their tail between their legs!!

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
kbarwest":nspbkyav said:
I am from North Carolina and plan on making a trip out to Seattle when we play in the Championship Game on the 18th. I came out last year and I bought tickets on VividSeats and paid around $700 for a ticket about 5 days before the game. That said, I'm leaning towards waiting a day before or the day of the game when folks get a bit antsy to unload tickets they worry about eating. That said, I don't want to end up flying out to see the game only to be sitting at F.X. McRory's watching it.

For those of you that were at the Championship game last year...and have experience with buying tickets in the aftermarket, can you let me know what your experience has been buying or seeing tickets being sold the day before or day of the game?? I don't recall people selling last year outside the stadium but then again I wasn't paying much attention as I was buzzed and already set!

Any help would be much appreciated folks! Looking forward to my hometown Panthers getting their sorry asses sent back here with their tail between their legs!!

The closer to game time the cheaper the tickets get.

Check StubHub and TicketExchange for the best prices.

Note that significantly less expensive tickets may also be because they are in Row TT of the upper deck, which is the last row possible, so be aware.

Chawks1

Reaction score
I always wait until Weds of gameday to buy aftermarket tix. Seems to be the best deals IMO. Also check several sites as I do see similar seats at different prices on each. Good luck!

OP
OP
K

kbarwest

Reaction score
Awesome. I appreciate the feedback guys. Go Hawks!!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Tickets now are about $450 each .. is that good or should we wait?

I only ask because if the Seahawks win Saturday, they're guaranteed to play either the Cowboys or Packers - two fan bases that travel very well.

OP
OP
K

kbarwest

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2kcebgy0 said:
Tickets now are about $450 each .. is that good or should we wait?

I only ask because if the Seahawks win Saturday, they're guaranteed to play either the Cowboys or Packers - two fan bases that travel very well.

That's a good point....tickets would presumably be gobbled up quick by those fan bases. hmmmm

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Buy twice as many tickets as you need now and resell immediately after our opponent is announced. I've been able to cover a portion of my own seat cost by doing this in the past. It works best for big rivals. (SF last year) and teams that travel well. If you time it right, you can sometimes buy 4 and sell 2 for twice what you paid for them and attend for free.

Otherwise, purchase on the day before the game if you don't particularly care about what seats you get. If you are pickier about your seats, then look either the day before the opponent is announced or starting on Wed before the game.

-bsd RPA

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3mz3vnmb said:
Buy twice as many tickets as you need now and resell immediately after our opponent is announced. I've been able to cover a portion of my own seat cost by doing this in the past. It works best for big rivals. (SF last year) and teams that travel well. If you time it right, you can sometimes buy 4 and sell 2 for twice what you paid for them and attend for free.

Otherwise, purchase on the day before the game if you don't particularly care about what seats you get. If you are pickier about your seats, then look either the day before the opponent is announced or starting on Wed before the game.

-bsd RPA

I remember last year.. I jumped at buying tickets to SEA-NO and the prices plummeted (paid $280 and they were being sold as low as $150) as the game drew near.. then I was like.. ok I'll wait this time for SEA-SF tickets.. and the opposite happened. :lol:

I kind of expect the same thing to happen here, hell.. $186 gets you into Saturday's game as of this posting.