Worrying trends and superstitions

Spiderdan

Reaction score
I was just reading on superstitions, trends and coincidences. One fact that I've noticed and it worries me.
The Seahawks have won every super bowl since being assigned as the Seahawks reporter for ESPN.
What if the only way to sustain success is to have to read his drivel? Is it worth it?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Spiderdan":2ouiw5xb said:
I was just reading on superstitions, trends and coincidences. One fact that I've noticed and it worries me.
The Seahawks have won every super bowl since being assigned as the Seahawks reporter for ESPN.
What if the only way to sustain success is to have to read his drivel? Is it worth it?

People still read it? I never go to the ESPN blog unless someone posts it here and often not even then.

We've also won every super bowl in which we made the NFC Championship game and our last away game was played in that year's super bowl stadium. That's a superstition I can get behind

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I kinda like the trends we've had this year. Teams we beat also lose the following weekend. Holding teams below a TD per game on average.

I also like the trends we've broken. The Madden curse. Eagles undefeated at home. Cards undefeated at home.

I'm sure there are others.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2g72srtr said:
I kinda like the trends we've had this year. Teams we beat also lose the following weekend. Holding teams below a TD per game on average.

I also like the trends we've broken. The Madden curse. Eagles undefeated at home. Cards undefeated at home.

I'm sure there are others.

I expect the string of defending champs losing their first playoff game ( if they made it in the first place) to end this year.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":27e49ubu said:
I expect the string of defending champs losing their first playoff game ( if they made it in the first place) to end this year.
Me too. I also expect, if the Cowboys win, we will end their undefeated road streak.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Haha I have had this same thought. If Blount is the reason the Hawks are so good, then keep him on ESPN forever.