Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Panthers @ Seahawks)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Panthers are a fun team to root for when it doesn't impact the Seahawks adversely. They have reminded me of the Hawks off and on for years. Only in recent years have we begun to separate ourselves, at least in the national eye. Neither team is considered a big market, both teams have had talented players, tough defenses and gritty wins through the years. In year's past, we've been far more alike than not.

Now we distinguish ourselves as defending champions. We have what the Panthers' want. We know too well, what it feels like to long for a Lombardi. Panther fans may find themselves saying what I used to say...

"Just one. Give me one ring before my time is up."

Of course, now that we are knocking on the door for the possibility to play for a second ring, back-to-back, one ring isn't quite what it used to be.

Look, we can pound our chests until we are blue and green in the face but the cold hard fact of the matter is the Panthers play us tough. Yes, we've beaten them 3 times in their house the past three years straight, but each game was a dogfight. They remind me of the Rams in how yes, we will most likely win, but they won't make it easy.

Expect the same Saturday. They are coming in with confidence. They are playing with house money and they know it. That alone should be cause for some concern. I anticipate a close game because they will be playing like they have nothing to lose. I expect their defense to give us fits on offense in the first half.

Unfortunately for the Panthers, while they have a #10 defense, we have not only the league's #1 defense, but they are being compared nationally to the best defenses to ever play the game. Ever.

And did I mention we are at home, especially in the playoffs which is undoubtedly the single most difficult environment in all of football for opposing teams to try to scrape out a win? 12's, meet Cam. Cam, meet 12's.

I expect a nerve-wracking first half where the inevitable halftime adjustments occur and Wilson, Lynch, the 12's and the #1 defense will simply bare the fruit of inevitability in the end.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 17 - Panthers 13

Aros' Fearless Record: 12-4

Erebus

Reaction score
We'll start out slow offensively but it won't matter because the Panthers won't do anything offensively either. We'll finally pull away in the 4th quarter. We're unbeatable in home prime time games.

Seahawks - 20
Panthers - 10

Edit: screw 20-10. I was trying to not come off as an arrogant ass, out of respect for a couple of their fans. But knowing everything I know about the Seahawks, I don't see how it can be close. The Panthers already sucked against the run up the middle, and now they lose Lotulelei and we get Unger back. Huge advantage for us. We're going to rush for 200+ yards and score over 30 points on offense. That will create a snowball effect causing Newton to try to do too much, leading to a defensive score.

New, bolder prediction:
Champs - 38
Panthers - 10

Chawks1

Reaction score
Panthers are giving up 27 points per game on the road. Our D is hot and giving up about 6 points per game during our win streak....it will be a little closer, so:

Seahawks - 24
Panthers - 6

2_0_6

Reaction score
I think this game will end just like the last one did. We have the lead late, and Carolina has the ball and can tie or take but the defense steps up and pulls out a win.

Im not feeling the 11.5 point spread with this game, I just have a hard time seeing we beat them by that much.

hawks 21
Panthers 20

Laloosh

Reaction score
I was pretty confident that I'd get to see a win this week but now I'm convinced that Sac's modership has thrown some kind of wrench in the cosmic machine and we'll all be killed by a solar flare before Saturday arrives.... Thanks Sac.

Champs 23
Chumps 13

Been predicting that a team will score a TD on us for weeks now... Maybe this is the week that someone gets a garbage time score on us.

YTD: 13-3

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
'Hawks 24-10
10-3 at half
Cam throws two picks with the d' forcing a fumble somewhere too.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I'm having a difficult time working up a nervous sweat about this game Sat. evening. It statistically appears that the Panthers are going to get "thrashed"!

Seahawks 27
Panthers 10

Hawkboi

Reaction score

Much too close Aros', I don't think I can handle another stressful game... I'm hoping the "Fat Lady" gets off the bus early and walks up to the microphone and starts cranking out the tunes.....

Seahawks 43 - Panthers 17

:thirishdrinkers:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Hawkboi":1i1a9ixw said:

Much too close Aros', I don't think I can handle another stressful game... I'm hoping the "Fat Lady" gets off the bus early and walks up to the microphone and starts cranking out the tunes.....

Seahawks 43 - Panthers 17

:thirishdrinkers:

It would appear that the Defense of both teams goes out the window!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hawks-------28
Kittycats-----10

Note/Disclaimer: Kittycats are not related to my avatar in any way shape or form.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think it goes pretty much the same way the last 6 games (Arizona removed) have gone. Dominant win everywhere but the scoreboard.

Seahawks 20
Panthers 6