Huskie's Peter's ties to Lynch an "issue" for scouts?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
This is probably the dumbest thing I've read in a while.

What an irresponsible article with a bunch of implied nonsense about how hanging around lynch is bad without even having the responsibility (let alone the balls) to actually specify what the issues with hanging around lynch are, and without ever actually naming a source.

Then again it's written by a guy named "Chase Goodbread" who looks like he spent the better part of the 80's trying to steal Pee-Wee's bike.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... h-an-issue

Washington cornerback Marcus Peters will have plenty to answer for at the 2015 NFL Scouting Combine after the junior, who has declared for the NFL draft, was kicked off the Huskies team for allegedly choking a coach during an argument at practice. But might he also have to answer for the company he keeps?

Perhaps so.

Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch is among Peters' mentors. Both are from the Oakland area. Below is video of Lynch going up against Peters while he was still in high school.

"A huge red flag. He's a talented kid, no doubt. And it only takes one team (to fall in love with a player). From all the stuff that he's been involved in and the chances he's gotten and the immaturity he's shown, it's going to be tough for him," the scout said. " ... They're all professionals up here and they won't put up with that (expletive). Hanging out with Marshawn (Lynch), that was probably the worst thing for him."

NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks addressed Peters' relationship with Lynch in a different way in November, drawing scouting opinions that Lynch's involvement with Peters has been positive. A former NFL scout indicated that three NFL clubs had already removed Peters from draft consideration in the wake of his dismissal by UW coach Chris Petersen.

Yet, there is no denying Peters' talent.

"Best cover corner prospect I've seen in the last 14 years," an NFC East scout told College Football 24/7 last month.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Good, have him take a big tumble on draft day all the way down to the Hawks

Throwdown

Reaction score
Lol what exactly has Lynch done that's bad?

Not deal with the media? Is that really all that bad?

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I dunno what lynch has done that's so bad, but apparently neither does this hack blogger, since he declines to actually specify.

I just tweeted in and looped in Marshawn, his mom follows me on da twitter lol.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm starting the rumor right now that beast mode and amari cooper are bff's. maybe we can get him to slide to 32.

chet380

Reaction score
The slamming of ML is payback from the pencil-neck media keyboard warriors (John Clayton!!) who are resentful that ML not only refuses to indulge them, but that ML's attitude toward them is "Go .... yourselves"

sc85sis

Reaction score
JSeahawks":197syqpg said:
I'm starting the rumor right now that beast mode and amari cooper are bff's. maybe we can get him to slide to 32.

Let's just make a list of guys we want and start rumors about all of them.

Amari Cooper
Leonard Williams

OK, who's next?

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Just the media "know-it-alls" trying to get payback on Lynch for treating them like the deserve to be treated.

OrFan

Reaction score
Shame on him being friends with the Beast!

Robinson, one of the top guys on the NFL network, is friends with him and we all know how that turned out.

Justin Forsett, the Ravens star running back, was good friends with Lynch. I think it turned him into a loser gangster who beats up pre-school kids on his way to church.

What a joke of an "article" this loser has written. If anything, scouts will take this as deciding it is time to be more serious about his future in the NFL.

JKent82

Reaction score
What an embarrassing article. Got to love the anonymous scout.