No huddle hurry up offense

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Fwiw I was in Charlotte yesterday and the local media interviewed Cam and Rivera about how to deal with the 12s and Our pass rush. They both mentioned using the no huddle to stay in their rythem and Rivera mentioned up tempo to tire out our defensive front and limit our substitutions. I'm sure our staff will prepare for this since Rivera came out and said it though.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
brimsalabim":19qj5mni said:
Fwiw I was in Charlotte yesterday and the local media interviewed Cam and Rivera about how to deal with the 12s and Our pass rush. They both mentioned using the no huddle to stay in their rythem and Rivera mentioned up tempo to tire out our defensive front and limit our substitutions. I'm sure our staff will prepare for this since Rivera came out and said it though.

'Up-tempo' plays right into how our guys practice and play. Not like they will see anything new in that regard, and their play set will be limited because of that, making it easier to figure out what's coming. Not like we have a dummies at LB and in the secondary.

samwize77

Reaction score
How did that work out for Philly against us? In Philly? Brilliant game plan

RiverDog

Reaction score
samwize77":ng84xplf said:

Philly's hurry up is different. Kelly's philosophy is to get more offensive snaps in and wear down their opponent in doing so. It back fired big time against us as instead of wearing down our defense, they wore down their own. Most other no huddles aren't designed to run plays in rapid succession, although they do have that option. They're designed to keep the defense from substituting.

But I'm not sure how that's going to help Carolina mute the effects of the 12th man. There's usually a bit of an ebb in the crowd noise when the teams huddle up, and it's easier for the QB to be heard when they're in the huddle than when they're up on the LOS. They stay up at the LOS and the 12th man will be anticipating a snap, making it even harder to communicate. Peyton Manning can manage it, but IMO trying to call a play at the LOS amidst the crowd noise is going to scramble poor Cam's block head of a brain.

Carolina has played in some pretty noisy domes, as they play once a year in Atlanta and the Big Easy. But they haven't been up here before. They're in for a big surprise.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
That will be nice for their defense after their offense gets a series of 3-and-outs. That strategy is pretty much the opposite of what I would do against Seattle. If he said they were going to be patient and try to grind it out against Seattle and keep Russell Wilson off the field, then I would be getting nervous.

Mol3m4n

Reaction score
RiverDog":1uaa9jvd said:
samwize77":1uaa9jvd said:

Philly's hurry up is different. Kelly's philosophy is to get more offensive snaps in and wear down their opponent in doing so. It back fired big time against us as instead of wearing down our defense, they wore down their own. Most other no huddles aren't designed to run plays in rapid succession, although they do have that option. They're designed to keep the defense from substituting.

But I'm not sure how that's going to help Carolina mute the effects of the 12th man. There's usually a bit of an ebb in the crowd noise when the teams huddle up, and it's easier for the QB to be heard when they're in the huddle than when they're up on the LOS. They stay up at the LOS and the 12th man will be anticipating a snap, making it even harder to communicate. Peyton Manning can manage it, but IMO trying to call a play at the LOS amidst the crowd noise is going to scramble poor Cam's block head of a brain.

Carolina has played in some pretty noisy domes, as they play once a year in Atlanta and the Big Easy. But they haven't been up here before. They're in for a big surprise.

Carolina actually does a lot better in the no huddle. As much as people around try to believe Cam is a mental midget, our offense runs smoother when he is the one in control and calling plays. That may have a lot to do with our incapable offensive coordinator.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3i4ardce said:

Perfect way to combat that is to force 3-and-outs. Keeps the defensive players fresh.

Of the 28 drives the Panthers have had against us, 14 have ended in a punt. Unfortunately, only 7 of those were 3-and-outs. 5 drives have ended in a fumble/INT. 2 have failed on 4th down. 2 were ended by halftime. Only 5 have ended in a score (4 FGs and 1 TD).

RiverDog

Reaction score
Mol3m4n":4fway4za said:
RiverDog":4fway4za said:
samwize77":4fway4za said:

Carolina actually does a lot better in the no huddle. As much as people around try to believe Cam is a mental midget, our offense runs smoother when he is the one in control and calling plays. That may have a lot to do with our incapable offensive coordinator.

Thanks for coming in here, guy. It's always nice to chat with an opposing team's fan.

Perhaps I'm being a little too harsh on Cam by insinuating that he's a mental midget. But after seeing him mail it in a couple of times this season, I question whether he has the mental toughness it takes to come into a place like Seattle, deal with both the crowd noise and the league's best defense, and still perform at a high level. It really is different up here, especially during playoff time. And in Colin Kaepernick, we've faced a quarterback 3 times last year and twice this season that is very similar to Newton in that they have much the same skill sets.

The key for the Panthers will be if they can establish a ground game. Teams that can run the ball against us have a much better chance of success. If they get into predictable 3rd down situations, it's going to be a long day for them.

RiverDog

Reaction score
RiverDog":kyz7qrpn said:
Mol3m4n":kyz7qrpn said:
RiverDog":kyz7qrpn said:
samwize77":kyz7qrpn said:

Thanks for coming in here, guy. It's always nice to chat with an opposing team's fan.

Perhaps I'm being a little too harsh on Cam by insinuating that he's a mental midget. But after seeing him mail it in a couple of times this season, I question whether he has the mental toughness it takes to come into a place like Seattle, deal with both the crowd noise and the league's best defense, and still perform at a high level. It really is different up here, especially during playoff time. And in Colin Kaepernick, we've faced a quarterback 3 times last year and twice this season that is very similar to Newton in that they have much the same skill sets. You can bet your bottom dollar that we'll have a well thought out defensive game plan to stop Cam, hurry up or no hurry up.

The key for the Panthers will be if they can establish a ground game. Teams that can run the ball against us have a much better chance of success. If they get into predictable 3rd down situations, it's going to be a long day for them.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I'd love to see Cam go hurry up/No Huddle where all the communication takes place at the line of scrimmage. That would be awesome! :3:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This is the strategy most teams try. Seattle will be ready for it, as that is how they have had to prepare for most games.