Pur$ey Harvin gets 70k for Hawks Superb Owl Repeat

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...rvin-gets-paid-if-seahawks-win-the-super-bowl

Percy Harvin might not play for the Seahawks anymore, but there's a good chance he'll be rooting for Seattle to win Super Bowl XLIX.

If the Seahawks take home the Lombardi Trophy this season, Harvin will get a check for $70,500, even though he hasn't played for the team since being traded to the Jets in October.

Former sports agent Joel Corry has the details on how someone can make over $70,000 from a team they don't even play for anymore.

According to Corry, Harvin qualifies for a half-share of the Seahawks playoff money because of the following stipulation regarding playoff shares.

Players who aren't on the 53-man roster at game time that spent between three and seven games on the roster (regular season or playoffs) provided they're not under contract to another team in the same conference.
If Harvin had been traded to an NFC team, he wouldn't get any money, but he ended up in the AFC with the Jets. To qualify for the half-share, Harvin also had to be active in at least three games for Seattle this season, he ended up being active in five.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Hawks took care of Farwell, and now possibly Percy. A very gracious team to have played for.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Isn't it like a "purse" that comes from the NFL to the teams and then is split up amongst the players, staff, etc? I know I've heard teams will vote for particular players/staff to receive a certain share of the money if they haven't outright qualified for it in someway.

Slick

Reaction score
If he really needs that 70k he's probably got bigger things to worry about!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I just hope Percy gets paid by the Jets next season so the Hawks get a 4th Rd pick for him, beyond that don't care.

RiverDog

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":35sz2993 said:
Isn't it like a "purse" that comes from the NFL to the teams and then is split up amongst the players, staff, etc? I know I've heard teams will vote for particular players/staff to receive a certain share of the money if they haven't outright qualified for it in someway.

That's the way it used to be. A certain percentage of gate receipts, TV revenue, etc, from playoff games is dedicated to player/staff bonuses and it's divided at some predetermined ratio, 60/40, 70/30, etc, into winners and losers shares. It isn't paid by the team, or at least that's my understanding.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pmedic920":ox68y5cc said:
Rules are rules, if that's the rule I'm ok with it.

Who pays those bonuses anyway, is it the Team or the NFL?

Comes from the league.

I'd like to think that Harvin is remorseful for being such a team cancer that we had to trade his ass mid-season, and now regrets not having the opportunity to win another SB...........but I don't think that's the case. He's just wired to be the egotistical negative d-bag that he is, and will never change.

Too bad, cause the dude has unbelievable talent. If he was a team player he had the potential to be one of the all time greats. Now he's just a sad malcontent that's going to move from team to team until his speed deteriorates.

endzorn

Reaction score
I hope he gets that 70k and I also hope the Jets keep his contract and he plays at least one more season in NY.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2s89jcbb said:
pmedic920":2s89jcbb said:

Comes from the league.

Yes, this comes from the league. There is a pool of money set aside for each season's playoffs and for Pro Bowl players. Here's an article from last January showing the amounts each game is worth to each player.

[urltargetblank]http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/01/nfl_playoffs_how_much_money_is_each_round_worth_to_players.html[/urltargetblank]

• Wild-card game (division winners): $23,000

• Wild-card game (non-division winners): $21,000

• Divisional playoff game: $23,000

• Conference championship game: $42,000

• Super Bowl winners: $92,000

• Super Bowl losers: $46,000

Winning the division got each player an extra $2,000 last season, and winning super bowl players are paid double what the losers make, so there's more than just a ring involved for the players. I've always considered the Super Bowl pay this way. There are 3 pay shares available during the super bowl. Each player gets 1 share for participating, but the winner gets a second share. I know these guys make some good money, but $46,000 extra isn't chump change either.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3a459ar1 said:
pmedic920":3a459ar1 said:

Comes from the league.

I'd like to think that Harvin is remorseful for being such a team cancer that we had to trade his ass mid-season, and now regrets not having the opportunity to win another SB...........but I don't think that's the case. He's just wired to be the egotistical negative d-bag that he is, and will never change.

Too bad, cause people falsely believe the dude has unbelievable talent. If he was a team player he had the potential to be one of the all time greats. Now he's just a sad malcontent that's going to move from team to team until his speed deteriorates.

Fixed it for you. He was only good for one season in his entire career. You guys continue to vastly over rate him. He could have been one of the all time greats? Where do you guys come up with this garbage? Seriously. You obviously have never watched Harvin play.

How could he be an all time great when he doesn't know how to run routes?
How could he be an all time great when he struggles catching the ball more than 5-10 yards past the LOS?
How could he be an all-time great when he doesn't put in the time in the film room to be great?

Guess what? I could have been one of the all time greats too, if only I didn't have the same on-field problems Harvin has (can't run routes, hard time catching "long" throws etc.)

There are 100+ WRs in the nfl right now with more talent.

Route running: Bryan Walters > Harvin
Hands : Bryan Walters > Harvin
Offensive knowledge/reading defense (a mental talent) : Bryan Walters > Harvin.
Speed : Harvin > walters.

Our very own Bryan Walters is a more talented WR than Harvin. Any WR in the league can put up better numbers than Harvin if they get as many plays drawn up specifically for them (forcing the ball).

Harvin makes every offense worse because he is useless unless a play is specifically drawn up for him, and even then he is usually useless.

You guys think I exaggerate when I say there are 100+ WRs with more talent, but it is 100% the truth.

Percy Harvin is the most over - rated and overhyped WR in nfl history. No WR has ever received so much money and fame for doing so little on the football field.

Once again, Bryan Walters > Harvin.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Well earned and he deserves every cent of it. The way our team came together and galvanized after he left.. he might be our mvp.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Does that mean he has a shot at getting a Ring? Now that would piss me off.

SC

chet380

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":20hmv3i7 said:
Sgt. Largent":20hmv3i7 said:
pmedic920":20hmv3i7 said:

Comes from the league.

Too bad, cause people falsely believe the dude has unbelievable talent. If he was a team player he had the potential to be one of the all time greats. Now he's just a sad malcontent that's going to move from team to team until his speed deteriorates.

Fixed it for you. He was only good for one season in his entire career. You guys continue to vastly over rate him. He could have been one of the all time greats? Where do you guys come up with this garbage? Seriously. You obviously have never watched Harvin play.

How could he be an all time great when he doesn't know how to run routes?
How could he be an all time great when he struggles catching the ball more than 5-10 yards past the LOS?
How could he be an all-time great when he doesn't put in the time in the film room to be great?

Guess what? I could have been one of the all time greats too, if only I didn't have the same on-field problems Harvin has (can't run routes, hard time catching "long" throws etc.)

There are 100+ WRs in the nfl right now with more talent.

Route running: Bryan Walters > Harvin
Hands : Bryan Walters > Harvin
Offensive knowledge/reading defense (a mental talent) : Bryan Walters > Harvin.
Speed : Harvin > walters.

Our very own Bryan Walters is a more talented WR than Harvin. Any WR in the league can put up better numbers than Harvin if they get as many plays drawn up specifically for them (forcing the ball).

Harvin makes every offense worse because he is useless unless a play is specifically drawn up for him, and even then he is usually useless.

You guys think I exaggerate when I say there are 100+ WRs with more talent, but it is 100% the truth.

Percy Harvin is the most over - rated and overhyped WR in nfl history. No WR has ever received so much money and fame for doing so little on the football field.

Once again, Bryan Walters > Harvin.

The Relentless Harvin Smear Machine strikes again!!

The proposition that Bryan Walters is a "better" football player (more skilled?) than Harvin is so preposterous as to be beyond laughable, to say nothing about your ranting nonsense that "there are 100+ WRs with more talent'.

Harvin left the team, the team got better -- it's in the past -- give it a rest.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":29bxm3vw said:
Well earned and he deserves every cent of it. The way our team came together and galvanized after he left.. he might be our mvp.

HdXSXwc.jpg

Tumblr mzijegh3LY1s6i75eo1 500

YkJjes0

3ecfa51ff57a3b034a0f6a706700d6b5-676x450.jpg

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
StoneCold":s7xh9csv said:
Does that mean he has a shot at getting a Ring? Now that would piss me off.

SC

Probably. And I'd be perfectly fine with that. I'd gladly give him another Super Bowl ring if it meant back-to-back Seattle Seahawks World Champions. Hey, all the backups and bench warmers get rings too, so it's not like it's totally undeserved.