Star Lotulelei Might Be Out! (Rapoport reporting he is done)

FearTheBlitz

Reaction score
Hello,
Thought I would drop by and say hi and a long the way post this news. If this is true it would be a big blow for my Panthers. Both teams would be without their starting DT. It is just word that he got hurt yesterday and should know more in a few hours.

http://blackandbluereview.com/concern-s ... -seahawks/

Update:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/552888135861153793[/tweet]

GFang

Reaction score
That would be an enormous loss for Carolina. IMO, he and Davis (not Kuechly) are their 2 best defenders. If true, that's a bigger loss than Hawks losing Hill for this game.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
GFang":3s3nzobk said:
That would be an enormous loss for Carolina. IMO, he and Davis (not Kuechly) are their 2 best defenders. If true, that's a bigger loss than Hawks losing Hill for this game.

Star has suffered somewhat of a "sophmore slump" this season. He had a big game against the Falcons recently, but he hasn't been as disruptive this season as his rookie year.

That said, this would indeed be a big loss for Carolina.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yup. Yikes, that's a blow for them.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/552888135861153793[/tweet]

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Short has been really good this year, a lot of guys wanted us to land him in the draft. Star not so much, pretty meh this season.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Bummer. Hopefully he fully recovers. Never want anyone to get injured. This should help Sweezy and Carp. I'll take it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
12th_Bob":214uge9u said:
Short has been really good this year, a lot of guys wanted us to land him in the draft. Star not so much, pretty meh this season.

He's played better in the 2nd half of the season. Still a big blow to lose your starting DT. We know because it happened to us too. Guys have to move around to fill the hole.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I don't wish for injuries, but with Hill out I don't exactly feel bad that the panthers lost someone. Now there's even less chance of an upset

WUnderhill

Reaction score
That might spell doom for the Panthers. I liked our chances before, but that might be too big a loss to overcome for our defense against a good running game.

OP
OP
F

FearTheBlitz

Reaction score
HawkFan72":sks73fmo said:
12th_Bob":sks73fmo said:

He's played better in the 2nd half of the season. Still a big blow to lose your starting DT. We know because it happened to us too. Guys have to move around to fill the hole.

Well we have Edward and Love. Love is a 315 pound DT. Who has played for the pats in pass years. Everyone has been wanting to see love play and now he has his chance with star out.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
FearTheBlitz":wbcnd0q8 said:
HawkFan72":wbcnd0q8 said:
12th_Bob":wbcnd0q8 said:

Well we have Edward and Love. Love is a 315 pound DT. Who has played for the pats in pass years. Everyone has been wanting to see love play and now he has his chance with star out.

Well obviously you have backups.

But the starters are the starters for a reason. I'm not saying the backups will completely suck, just like Seattle's backups have done a great job.

But it is still a blow to lose your starter.

Jiggy

Reaction score
Is he in a true Sophomore slump or has he been demanding more attention in game planning i.e.double teams this year?

McGruff

Reaction score
12th_Bob":1yfm4hza said:

I wanted Short so bad. Glad he's doing well, and he played really well against us in the regular season, but hope the stage is too big for him on Saturday.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
Jiggy":pygmh2hi said:
Is he in a true Sophomore slump or has he been demanding more attention in game planning i.e.double teams this year?

It's been a mini-slump. He has picked it up the 2nd half of this season. He has been commanding double teams since his rookie year though.

It sucks for Carolina, but defensive line is probably the deepest of any unit on the roster.

WUnderhill

Reaction score
Jiggy":10h8hnct said:

I wouldn't say he's had a sophomore slump. The whole line was playing poorly early in the season. Charles Johnson was fighting injury, Star has fought some dings of his own, Hardy gone. There's been a lot more focus on him this year than last. On top of that, he's never going to be a stat monster. The past few weeks his presence has been very noticeable. He's going to be a huge loss.

Largent80

Reaction score
You were boned before this happened.

One player does not make a team, we have proven that over and over. Also, we just hired a DL off the streets after losing 2 of our DT's to IR, pretty hard to have empathy.

Panther Jase

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but Star is a lynchpin player for the panthers defense. Without him, blockers get to the linebackers much easier on running plays.

Panther Jase

Reaction score
Largent80":2ep8x7j4 said:
You were boned before this happened.

One player does not make a team, we have proven that over and over. Also, we just hired a DL off the streets after losing 2 of our DT's to IR, pretty hard to have empathy.

Every good team has lynchpin players... your lynchpin players are different than ours

He doesn't get many tackles but he sure is a big reason why our LBs are so successful.