Jon Kitna on w/Brock&Salk great interview, I love that man

ivotuk

Reaction score
"Former NFL QB Jon Kitna joins "Brock & Salk" in-studio for a Seahawks roundtable - what are the biggest challenges Russell Wilson faces in this Seahawks offense? Which of the 8 remaining QB's in the playoffs do you trust the most? The least? Blue 42 - what impact does Dan Quinn and Darrell Bevell interviewing for head coaching jobs have on the Hawks playoff preparations?"

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... and%20Salk

Remember this?

"Cowboys will pay Jon Kitna $53,000; he'll donate it to high school"

"Almost every reference has mentioned the quarterback, who retired from the Cowboys after the 2011 season, will earn about $53,000 for his Christmas week’s work.

Only Kitna, 41, is not keeping the money. It didn’t come up in his Christmas Day media scrum in the locker room. But later, while relaxing on a locker room couch and reconnecting with radio play-by-play voice Brad Sham, Kitna said he would be donating his NFL check to his school. He also told several teammates.

Since retiring from the Cowboys, Kitna, who has 15 seasons and four teams on his NFL résumé, has taught math and coached football at Lincoln High School in his native Tacoma, Wash"

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas ... school.ece

kidhawk

Reaction score
I listened to that this morning. I always liked Kitna. Never felt he was "the answer" at quarterback, but always liked him, even when he played for other teams

2_0_6

Reaction score
I would have given anything to play for a guy like him in High School. Ive met him several times, and he is one cool guy.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He had a lot of passion and loved playing for the Seahawks. One of my favorite players, and one of the only guys I continued to follow and root for after they left the Hawks.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
"It's the world famous Huddle! The guys are join by head coach Pete Carroll breaking down Sunday's game, and center Max Unger."

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... roz%20Show

"It's Hour Two of "The Huddle". The voice of the Seahawks Steve Raible breaks down the Seahawks/Carolina matchup. We listen in to a conference call with Panthers head coach Ron Rivera who talks about being in the same position as the Seahawks were in 2011. Russell Wilson also spoke in a press conference earlier and talks about the benefit of a the bye week and growing his hair out again. Plus Seahawks.com writer Clare Farnsworth gives his thoughts on Carolina."

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... roz%20Show

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I loved it that he gave it back to the school he came from. I graduated from Lincoln in 2000, not many people cared too much cause of the reputation there, but there was alot of talented, creative and smart people in that school. In fact I still use the same keychain I received from there from my junior year.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, Kitna's one of the good guys, always liked him. Agree with Kidhawk that I never viewed him as the answer, but damn that small town guy hung around the NFL for a 15 freaking year career... that's one of those amazing stories really. Probably won't see it on "A Football Life" but might actually be worthy.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I lived in Ellensburg for 2 separate 2-year stints and saw some football games there at CWU. It's remarkable that he turned his experience at that little Div-II school into such a long NFL career.