Division Round Preview (NFL.com)

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000454986/article/divisional-round-preview-panthersseahawks[/urltargetblank]

These teams have met once a year since Wilson joined Newton in the NFL. The Panthers have held a fourth-quarter lead in the last two matchups and a third-quarter lead in the first -- only to lose all three. Along with the strengths and weaknesses of their current rosters, those final scores of 16-12, 12-7 and 13-9 suggest a smash-mouth, low-scoring affair at CenturyLink Field.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
We'll see, as several other recent games were predicted to be 'close contests' too. For the Hawks this will be a primetime home game and the hawks do well at home and especially well in primetime

Vegas says the spread is 11.5 but DVOA says a close contest, wonder which will turn out to be the best predictor, the money or the stats?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
The other 3 games were not only road games, but also 10am starts. Which leads to the hawks poor starts.

chet380

Reaction score
The "odds line" is 1/6 in the Hawks favor.

How would like to lay out $600 to win $100, based on the results of the last 3 years? ... No thanks!

Erebus

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3cromnif said:
We'll see, as several other recent games were predicted to be 'close contests' too. For the Hawks this will be a primetime home game and the hawks do well at home and especially well in primetime

Vegas says the spread is 11.5 but DVOA says a close contest, wonder which will turn out to be the best predictor, the money or the stats?

I don't believe DVOA accounts for home field advantage.

Alexander

Reaction score
Erebus":3ux2sdgp said:
jammerhawk":3ux2sdgp said:

I don't believe DVOA accounts for home field advantage.

I thought DVOA had the Hawks as the most likely team to advance to the conference championship game (something like 75%).

brettb3

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3mn7ghn7 said:

Are you sure about that? Carolina is the #25 team in DVOA. I'd be surprised if they have it as a close game.

Latest posts