Seahawks tackle ticket fraud for the divisional playoff game

Jville

Reaction score
Fraud reminder >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Seahawks-tackle-ticket-fraud-for-the-divisional-playoff-game/bcea4fa0-4f3c-48bc-b830-97ab045e237e[/urltargetblank]

stang233

Reaction score
Are places light venue kings and stub hub safe as well?

thebigcat

Reaction score
Jville":2ktfggxn said:
Fraud reminder >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Seahawks-tackle-ticket-fraud-for-the-divisional-playoff-game/bcea4fa0-4f3c-48bc-b830-97ab045e237e[/urltargetblank]

more like a "Roger Goodell wants to dip into your pocket one more time" reminder

mikeak

Reaction score
1) Pay via PayPal
2) get the tickets transferred electronically via seahawks ticketmaster account (free service)

Then it doesn't matter where you get them - via craigslist, guy on the street etc

Even stubhub real tickets can easily be reprinted by the owner who voids your printed ticket...

tooshort

Reaction score
mikeak":og3ojmme said:
1) Pay via PayPal
2) get the tickets transferred electronically via seahawks ticketmaster account (free service)

Then it doesn't matter where you get them - via craigslist, guy on the street etc

Even stubhub real tickets can easily be reprinted by the owner who voids your printed ticket...

Except that the stubhub poster will be docked double the listed price on their account, probably have their account shut down and you'll be given a comparable ticket if available or be reimbursed for the full charged value in "real" (before game) time.

Whereas with the PayPal method...you'll get your money back pretty quickly and the seller who will eventually get in trouble can still claim that they didn't want to transfer the ticket, print a new one and you'll probably miss the game unless you have the dollars to float another transaction.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Whomever has the tickets on their ticket master account can change the barcodes and reprint whenever they want. Getting the ticket switched to your account is perfectly safe as a result whether that is through ticket exchange or private.

Stubhub is 99% safe. The original seller can still change the barcodes but StubHub holds the money until after the game. The only (minor) risk here is that if ticket prices were to go up sharply a seller could 'cancel' their sale by reprinting and selling elsewhere at the higher price forfeiting the earlier deal. StubHub would penalize the seller and refund your money in this case since the seller would never get their hands on it but it is a possibility if the seller is stupid.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
i had a guy back out on a sale on stubhub for stanley cup tickets. given the plethora of tickets for sale, they went and got me better tickets and it was sorted out with ease. the only case where i think the 1% fail with SH could happen, i think it would be lower than that, is in a situation where there is very very limited other resale tickets. i mean, even if you buy a 300 level seat, if the ticket does not work 2 hours out when the gates open, you still have more than enough time to call SH and i suspect there will ALWAYS be some stellar seats for them to buy on the other sellers dime and get you the same.

so i would say SH is about 99.9% safe....TE 100%.

[I will also add that this appears to be the most tickets I have seen for sale for a seahawks game on SH and prices are actually below what they box office was selling the limited tix they released...i would say in this case, buying through SH is pretty much a lock]

mikeak

Reaction score
I have never had an issue with stubhub either BUT my point remains. Printed tickets issued by Seahawks / Ticketmaster CAN absolutely be changed and be invalid even though they aren't fake copies. You have more options if you got them through stubhub vs the guy on the street but the ONLY 100% safe way is to get them electronically transferred.

In regards to the reply to my post above. It was supposed to be a 1 AND 2. As in if you do 1 and 2 and the people don't electronically transfer then you have time to go the paypal claims route while you look for other tickets.

I did craigslist purchase myself. first five guys trying to sell me ticket stopped replying when I said Paypal and electronic transfer. The sixth guy said sure and we made the deal. It is safer than meeting in person like many suggest as the tickets are in my account.