Most Trustworthy (current) Playoff Quarterbacks

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000455103/article/aaron-rodgers-tony-romo-among-trustworthy-playoff-qbs[/urltargetblank]

I'll just post this here for your reading pleasure (displeasure?)

6) Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks
Wilson has only been in the NFL for three seasons, but he's already compiled quite the playoff résumé, including a 4-1 record, a 63.1 percent completion rate, 1,096 yards, six touchdown passes, one pick and a rating of 102.0. Seattle's run-first system doesn't require him to do as much as other quarterbacks, and his arm strength is merely average, but Wilson can make things happen on the ground -- and he's a proven winner, with a history of success against some of the game's best. Consider that he's 2-0 against Manning, Rodgers and Drew Brees, respectively, and 1-0 against Brady. And, of course, he also won Super Bowl XLVIII, which gives him an edge over Andrew Luck. That kind of experience is invaluable; once you've successfully navigated the distractions that come with participating in the biggest sporting event in the world, the stresses of a divisional playoff game can seem like nothing.

HHawk121

Reaction score
The very fact he lists Peyton, Romo, Luck, and Newton as trustworthy playoff QBs shows he isn't quite in tune with reality.

All have looked horribly once in the spotlight of a big game.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Romo at #2 is such a joke. Should be

#1 Brady
#2 Flacco
#3 Rodgers
#4 Wilson
#5 Luck
#6 Manning
#7 Romo
#8 Newton

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Wow Tony Romo #2 on the list.......Looks like the refs aren't the only people Jerry Jones is paying.

Hawks46

Reaction score
So, just win your last playoff game, and you're top 2 ? Got it.

The biggest beef I have (outside of Romo) is that he says that Wilson has an average arm. Uhh, what ?

sutz

Reaction score
That's a crappy headline...

What he means is "which QBs he personally trusts in this year's playoffs." It is not a compilation of which QBs have been historically successful in the playoffs. It's his opinion, and everyone is entitled for their incorrect opinion. Yeah, Romo's a joke, given he's won only one playoff game in his career, and lost several IIRC. Hell, Wilson has won at least one playoff game in every season he's played. ;)

Smellyman

Reaction score
HHawk121":24i3x86v said:
The very fact he lists Peyton, Romo, Luck, and Newton as trustworthy playoff QBs shows he isn't quite in tune with reality.

All have looked horribly once in the spotlight of a big game.

you understand it is qb's in the playoffs?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
sutz":ud1u4e1v said:
That's a crappy headline...

What he means is "which QBs he personally trusts in this year's playoffs." It is not a compilation of which QBs have been historically successful in the playoffs. It's his opinion, and everyone is entitled for their incorrect opinion. Yeah, Romo's a joke, given he's won only one playoff game in his career, and lost several IIRC. Hell, Wilson has won at least one playoff game in every season he's played. ;)

I edited the OP title. I figured it was self explanatory since the article only lists this year's current playoff quarterbacks, but for those that may not read the article it could be easy to misinterpret

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
all I know is that by the next list Russell will be at least ranked 4

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Gil has finally succumbed to senility. Sad, really.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
My list:

1) Rodgers - I think he is the best QB in the league
2) Wilson (biased) - Fans of other teams might disagree but we are talking about clutch and trustworthy
3) Brady - Experienced
4) Flacco - Played extremely well during their SB year
5) Manning - Don't trust him in cold weather
6) Luck - Inexperienced in the playoffs. He might be better than #5 but not proven yet
7) Romo - Just won his second playoff game in how many years?
8.) Newton - Inexperienced.

LolaRox

Reaction score
I don't agree with his list.

Rodgers has won 1 playoff game since their Superb owl, he's 1-3 and two of those loses were at home. He is a great QB but he doesn't always rise in the big games.

Also, based on Peyton's playoff history and recent play there is no way you trust him over Wilson at this point. The author's explanation doesn't even support his decision to do so.

My list -

Top 3 - (some combination of) Wilson, Flacco, Brady
#4-#6 Rodgers, Romo, Manning
#7 Luck
#8 Cam

Smellyman

Reaction score
only stupid thing about the article is his "arm is merely average".

His arm strength is above average and it doesn't get near enough credit. if he needs a fastball it is there in spades, on the run many yards downfield it is there, one of the most beautiful accurate deep balls in the game, touch pass it is there....etc. etc.

some examples which don't even show his 20 yard rifles when he wants. Looks effortless too. Just a smiple flick of the wrist, no wind up.

[youtube]gEehhByvP14[/youtube]

http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-s...00/Russell-Wilson-on-the-art-of-the-deep-ball

-The Glove-

Reaction score
It should be Eli, Russell, Roethlisberger, Flacco, and Brady

Mick063

Reaction score
Can someone post a GIF of Romo's bobbled hold? It would be quite fitting for the second most "playoff reliable" quarterback.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
RunTheBall":4xm58kyh said:
Romo at #2 is such a joke. Should be

#1 Brady
#2 Flacco
#3 Rodgers
#4 Wilson
#5 Luck
#6 Manning
#7 Romo
#8 Newton