Panther Fans Enlighten Me

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Its no secret that your Carolina Panthers and my Seahawks have played close games in the last 3 years.

And I understand those close battles give you a glimmer of hope to advance but the Panthers have lost every single won of them.

16-12 in 2012
12-7 in 2013
13-9 in 2014

However, all of these games were in your house @ Bank of America.

All of these games were 3, 000 miles cross country trips with 10 am Pacific Time handicaps (where the Seahawks and many West Coast teams are known for starting slow).

In those 3 games:

Seahawks scored: 13.66 ppg
Panthers scored: 9.33 ppg (never more than 12)

What makes matters worse is the Seahawks Defense is on a historical tear in their last 6 games but for the sake of argument we'll back up the time frame.

Seahawks Defense/Points Allowed

Last 10 games: 11.3 ppg
Last 8 games: 10.0 ppg
Last 6 games: 6.5 ppg

Under 12 ppg the last 10, under 7 ppg the last 6, Panthers never scored more than 12.

However, Seahawks in their last 3 home games have only allowed 16 points.

Or 5.33 ppg.

So, now you're asking a Panthers offense that has only scored 9.33 ppg against the Seahawks D to

- travel to Seattle (3,000 miles away) play at the CLINK
- in a prime-time game 8:15 pm East Coast start
- against a defense that's on fire right now

Some of you Panthers can down play the 12th man, but that's only part of the obstacle.

Seahawks fans might not be the loudest fans in the world but they are some of the loudest and they bring the noise strategically all game and that's what sets them apart.

Since Wilson became QB in 2012, the Seahawks have went 24-2 at HOME.

Winning 92.3% of the Time.

Seahawks are also the most competitive team in the NFL since they've found their Running Game + Defense identity in the 2nd Half of 2011 going 45-16. Never losing by more than 9, with 15 of those losses 7 points or less.

Not bad for a team that never has been ranked lower than the 7th youngest team in collective age since 2011.

Since the Panthers drafted Newton they have went a decent 15-16-1 on the ROAD.

Winning 46.875% of the time.

3-5 in 2011.
4-4 in 2012.
5-3 in 2013.
3-5-1 in 2014.

I noticed you guys were very competitive in 2012, losing very close games.

In 2013, you won a few close games, and you lost a close game.

However, the data I found for 2014 shocked me.

First of all, your 3 road wins were against the very familar NFC South which your Panthers won 7-8-1.

And then your team went 0-4-1 in your Non-Division Road Games.

Your Defense Allowed Points Of:

30+: 5 times
37+: 4 times

The farthest your team traveled this year was to Minnesota.

I understand your team is playing better this last month and any given Sunday or Saturday for this matter but with the way your team has performed on the road this year and how much the Seahawks are a juggernaut @ home and just bad ass in Prime-Time.

Its going to take a Panther's miracle plus the Seahawks collectively playing their worst game of the year for the Seahawks to lose.

And it comes back to those 3 games played @ BoA

Seahawks: 13.66 pgg
Panthers: 9.33 pgg

This Saturday just with all this information, I would give the Seahawks a +7 and the Panthers -3 handicaps of those head to head point totals.

Making the predictive score based on my analysis :

Seahawks win 20-6 or 21-7

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Don't argue using facts with Panther fans, it just doesn't work. 49ers fanbase on this forum is more sane than these Panther fans on here, it's that sad.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Thx for the write up. Those away game points are surprising. I'm not taking the Panthers lightly at all. Great respect for them. That said Panther fans any reasons why you gave up those point totals on the road? I know you have made a lot of roster moves which have helped.

Thanks and go Hawks!!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
They will soon be in this thread talking smack about us disrespecting them again. It will be locked.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

thebigcat

Reaction score
we started this season off very poorly and inexcusable. We lost our probowl DE because our owner caved under pressure, we lost our all pro LT to retirement and our pro bowl WR was cut, we had a patchwork offensive line and lost the entire secondary and WR group. Despite all this, we win the division albeit a weak one and ever since the Minnesota game the team has lit a fire. Our rookie guards have yet to allow a sack in Turner and Norwell (who took over finally after injuries to our supposed starters), in addition we have major secondary changes after the Minnesota game and since then the youngsters have been balling (see Julio Jones, Jimmy Graham, Colston, Fitzgerald, Floyd, Evans, V. Jackson, Gordon production against us).

In addition to all this our QB started the year off with a repaired ankle and broken ribs only to then have broken vertebrae after a horrific accident. Finally this has started to come together and the past 5 weeks it has shown. Carolina will be no cake walk this Saturday night. You are the champs and respected, but this team is hungry as well, the two time kings of the south are coming.

Cartire

Reaction score
Captain Obvious":1mme4h8y said:
Well you will definitely win if their airplane crashes on the way west. Other than that this year has shown any time two teams play each other anything can happen.

Its okay if you think you will win. Its what you should be thinking.

But why begrudge the Panther fans for thinking they have a chance?

No one begrudges them. But there is "thinking we have a chance" and what they have been doing.....

Polaris

Reaction score
I think most people outside Charlotte (or the Carolina Area) are well aware of the overwhelming structural advantages that Seattle enjoys this time vs when they met during the regular season. Seattle is an 11pt favorite for a reason!

That said, I kind of expect the reaction we are seeing from Panther fans and it warms my heart a bit (which is nice to feel before we tear the heart out of the Panther fans and step on it this Saturday...but I digress). It reminds me a bit of how we were back during the 2010 playoffs (which was actually in 2011) right after we took out the Defending World Champs, New Orleans.....after going 7-9 during the regular season.

Chicago introduced us back to reality the next week by being the better team (at the time). I expect largely the same thing to happen this time [IE Seattle wins decisively reminding everyone who the better team is].

HawkFan72

Reaction score
thebigcat":sdj0zszd said:
we started this season off very poorly and inexcusable. We lost our probowl DE because our owner caved under pressure, we lost our all pro LT to retirement and our pro bowl WR was cut, we had a patchwork offensive line and lost the entire secondary and WR group. Despite all this, we win the division albeit a weak one and ever since the Minnesota game the team has lit a fire.

You lost your Pro Bowl DE because he's a scumbag and should be in jail. Your owner finally did the right thing. The sad thing is that he waited to do it until the pressure was too great.

ringless

Reaction score
I took a gander over on the Panthers forum and was quite surprised.

After taking a look I was almost convinced it was the Seahawks who just a month ago had only won 3 games, and that Carolina was the hottest team in the league and reigning super bowl champions and I now believe that Seattle doesn't stand a chance

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I would also like to be enlightened on how it was possible for the Panthers to actually go 62 days between wins during one stretch of the 2014 season.

October 5- December 7 I believe.

Wut up wi dat?

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
Erebus":2cvy6o13 said:
What do you want them to enlighten you about? I didn't see a question in your post.

Me either.

If only there were some kind of IQ minimum for using the internet...

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Captain Obvious":11nwy3px said:
Polaris":11nwy3px said:
I think most people outside Charlotte (or the Carolina Area) are well aware of the overwhelming structural advantages that Seattle enjoys this time vs when they met during the regular season. Seattle is an 11pt favorite for a reason!

That said, I kind of expect the reaction we are seeing from Panther fans and it warms my heart a bit (which is nice to feel before we tear the heart out of the Panther fans and step on it this Saturday...but I digress). It reminds me a bit of how we were back during the 2010 playoffs (which was actually in 2011) right after we took out the Defending World Champs, New Orleans.....after going 7-9 during the regular season.

Chicago introduced us back to reality the next week by being the better team (at the time). I expect largely the same thing to happen this time [IE Seattle wins decisively reminding everyone who the better team is].

Wonderful analogy and this could very well be the case. I just hope the landing back to earth is a soft one for Panther fans. :D

You just typed .... "back to earth".
Funny!

HawkGANG

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2lbnfeok said:
Its no secret that your Carolina Panthers and my Seahawks have played close games in the last 3 years.

And I understand those close battles give you a glimmer of hope to advance but the Panthers have lost every single won of them.

16-12 in 2012
12-7 in 2013
13-9 in 2014

However, all of these games were in your house @ Bank of America.

All of these games were 3, 000 miles cross country trips with 10 am Pacific Time handicaps (where the Seahawks and many West Coast teams are known for starting slow).

In those 3 games:

Seahawks scored: 13.66 ppg
Panthers scored: 9.33 ppg (never more than 12)

What makes matters worse is the Seahawks Defense is on a historical tear in their last 6 games but for the sake of argument we'll back up the time frame.

Seahawks Defense/Points Allowed

Last 10 games: 11.3 ppg
Last 8 games: 10.0 ppg
Last 6 games: 6.5 ppg

Under 12 ppg the last 10, under 7 ppg the last 6, Panthers never scored more than 12.

However, Seahawks in their last 3 home games have only allowed 16 points.

Or 5.33 ppg.

So, now you're asking a Panthers offense that has only scored 9.33 ppg against the Seahawks D to

- travel to Seattle (3,000 miles away) play at the CLINK
- in a prime-time game 8:15 pm East Coast start
- against a defense that's on fire right now

Some of you Panthers can down play the 12th man, but that's only part of the obstacle.

Seahawks fans might not be the loudest fans in the world but they are some of the loudest and they bring the noise strategically all game and that's what sets them apart.

Since Wilson became QB in 2012, the Seahawks have went 24-2 at HOME.

Winning 92.3% of the Time.

Seahawks are also the most competitive team in the NFL since they've found their Running Game + Defense identity in the 2nd Half of 2011 going 45-16. Never losing by more than 9, with 15 of those losses 7 points or less.

Not bad for a team that never has been ranked lower than the 7th youngest team in collective age since 2011.

Since the Panthers drafted Newton they have went a decent 15-16-1 on the ROAD.

Winning 46.875% of the time.

3-5 in 2011.
4-4 in 2012.
5-3 in 2013.
3-5-1 in 2014.

I noticed you guys were very competitive in 2012, losing very close games.

In 2013, you won a few close games, and you lost a close game.

However, the data I found for 2014 shocked me.

First of all, your 3 road wins were against the very familar NFC South which your Panthers won 7-8-1.

And then your team went 0-4-1 in your Non-Division Road Games.

Your Defense Allowed Points Of:

30+: 5 times
37+: 4 times

The farthest your team traveled this year was to Minnesota.

I understand your team is playing better this last month and any given Sunday or Saturday for this matter but with the way your team has performed on the road this year and how much the Seahawks are a juggernaut @ home and just bad ass in Prime-Time.

Its going to take a Panther's miracle plus the Seahawks collectively playing their worst game of the year for the Seahawks to lose.

And it comes back to those 3 games played @ BoA

Seahawks: 13.66 pgg
Panthers: 9.33 pgg

This Saturday just with all this information, I would give the Seahawks a +7 and the Panthers -3 handicaps of those head to head point totals.

Making the predictive score based on my analysis :

Seahawks win 20-6 or 21-7

Preach