#24 Lynch, loses his appeal .....must pay 100k

Hawknballs

Reaction score
just please don't do another "PETITION TO RAISE MONEY TO PAY MARSHAWN'S FINE" again, 12's. Please.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Reporters who keep trying to interview him should be fined. Why would anyone ever want to interview him when you know he isn't going to have much to say? The man does his talking through his play. There are plenty of players who are more than happy to give you a good sound bite. Use your interview time on someone who will actually give you something.

trharder

Reaction score
I realize this $100,000 is a doubling of his $50,000 from last year that he was on probation for, but I still think this is insane considering what it is all about. The players union should have done more. Screw the media. I don't consider them the show. The play on the field is the show.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Because making the largest fine for the 2014 NFL season a fine for not talking to the media makes soooo much sense. WTG Goodell you piece of **** :229031_banghead:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Gotta love the NFL. Play dirty over and over and then purposely step on one of the elite QB's in the NFL and get fined $70,000. Don't talk to the media and lose $100,000. Just goes to prove the point that the NFL doesn't care as much about player safety as it does the almighty dollar

ManBunts

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3snrcn77 said:
just please don't do another "PETITION TO RAISE MONEY TO PAY MARSHAWN'S FINE" again, 12's. Please.

Which he took and gave to charity. I agree, he's wealthy enough and an adult, we don't need to bail him out, but don't ask like that was totally wasted effort.

Even though I keep thinking I'll get tired of even mentioning it, I haven't, so here we go, another example of NFL hypocrisy. Suh fined $70k for stepping on a guy. Lynch $100k for not talking.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Richard Sherman talks and gets labeled a loud mouth and a thug.
Russell Wilson talks and gets labeled as boring and cliche.
Lynch doesn't have anything to say and gets fined.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Filydan":2g2qm4xm said:
I still find him quite appealing. Especially as a running back in the playoffs.

....and the Owl.... :twisted: :stirthepot:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
As any adult, Marshawn chose his own path.

He knew the potential consequences.

Frankly, I don't feel sorry for him.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Today's news of the special investigator paid by the league finding that Ray Rice was suspended w/o the league viewing or allegedly knowingly having the elevator video raises the obvious inference of incompetence as regards that decision or was a well orchestrated cover up of deliberate dishonesty on the part of the league. Why this decision about Lynch is a surprise to anyone mystifies me.

This whole fine for not talking to the media is pure horse poop and ridiculous. Lynch has a dislike approaching a phobia about speaking publicly and mediots making him talk is stupidity to the point of bullying. I hope he challenges the fine in Court as being unreasonable or a penalty unrelated to the severity of the offence or as an unfair labour practice that is forced upon him in a situation where he should have been given a pass.

Meanwhile on the player safety front the big lie isn't fooling anyone, the league only wants to pretend they actually give a rip. The league wanted the matchup with Suh in the Detroit @ Dallas game so the Jerrah 'fix could get put in' as a game between Dallas and GB will get better ratings than a Carolina/GB contest. After looking at Suh's record for attacks on other other players and intentional dirty play he should have been suspended and fined, a fine of $70,000 in that situation was a joke.

The biggest player fine this season was given to player who was suffering back spasms and needed massage and medical help after the game because he didn't talk to the media, seems unfair to me. For Lynch to be fined in this situation notwithstanding his earlier warning to cooperate with media is to me patently unfair. This really points out how arbitrary and unreasonable the whole league imposed fine process is, and how much the players union needs to re-open the subject in CBA revision discussions. A player revolt will come when it is seen that the league is simply using the players and don't really have any cooperative fair process to allow for review and reconsideration or actually care genuinely about player safety.

Slowly this subject is beginning to alienate fair minded folks and is another of the numerous ways the league's pure greed is taking away from fair oversight of the game.

I expect significant referee intervention this upcoming game until the outcome is clearly decided notwithstanding best efforts to force a decision that creates a better story to sell. Things are starting to smell like wrestling. Goddess will eventually kill the golden goose.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3oyu0bb2 said:
As any adult, Marshawn chose his own path.

He knew the potential consequences.

Frankly, I don't feel sorry for him.

As least for me it isn't him being fine that is the issue it is how he got fined 100k (I know it is 50k x 2 for this year and super bowl week) yet anyone with any other fine for helmet to helmet, stomping on a ankle, horse collar tackle, fighting, leg whip, and anything else related to their BS player safety stuff gets usually 1/12 to 1/5 of what Beast got unless your name is Suh.