Marvez: Dan Quinn next Jets head coach

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://thejetsblog.com/nyjets/marvez-quinn-will-be-next-jets-head-coach/

FOXSports senior NFL reporter Alex Marvez said he believes Dan Quinn will ultimately be hired as the Jets head coach, according to people he’s spoken to.

Quinn, currently the Seahawks defensive coordinator, is one of the six men confirmed to have interviewed for the Jets coaching vacancy.

Marvez appeared on the Dan Patrick Show on Thursday and said Quinn has already started reaching out to assistants on other teams for coaching opportunities with the Jets (DP Show, Jan. 8).

“Under league rules, Quinn cannot accept an offer — or receive one — until after the Seahawks’ season, which means that prospective employers, like the Jets, could be waiting until after the Super Bowl,” according to the New York Times (Jan. 8).

2_0_6

Reaction score
Good for him. :thirishdrinkers:

Now hopefully we get another super bowl so his salary increases.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/cover32_SEA/status/553288089612075008[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/cover32_SEA/status/553292390551666690[/tweet]

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This sounds like a bad idea for the Jets. And not just because I want Quinn to stay.

Do they really believe another Defensive coach is going to fix the problems the Jets have? Does Quinn have the connections to bring in a great Offensive mind to fix their Offense? I don't get it.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Well, we knew it was coming. At least he's going to the AFC and not SF or Atlanta.

I'd live to see Rex Ryan as new HC of the 49ers. It would certainly keep some pep in our rivalry

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Heard Kyle Shanahan will be the OC if Quinn is their head coach.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Dan and Kyle would be a decent get for NYJ on paper. If they're "assured" of getting those guys, then they can afford to wait as long as they want. I'm guessing Quinn will bring Travis Jones or a different Seahawks assistant with him to serve as the DC. So, it's really just a matter of filling out the position coaches.

The real sad thing for me is Dan Quinn knows what Percy Harvin is all about. We probably aren't getting that 4th rounder. :(

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Hey Dan, whatever you do, keep Percy on your roster until at least after the draft. Thanks

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1ugmfegb said:
Dan and Kyle would be a decent get for NYJ on paper. If they're "assured" of getting those guys, then they can afford to wait as long as they want. I'm guessing Quinn will bring Travis Jones or a different Seahawks assistant with him to serve as the DC. So, it's really just a matter of filling out the position coaches.

The real sad thing for me is Dan Quinn knows what Percy Harvin is all about. We probably aren't getting that 4th rounder. :(

True, but Percy is going to be Percy. Winston and Percy in NYC? :stirthepot: Scandals await!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":18wtgzk0 said:
DavidSeven":18wtgzk0 said:

True, but Percy is going to be Percy. Winston and Percy in NYC? :stirthepot: Scandals await!

Yeah, that's what I mean. I have a hard time believing Quinn will keep Harvin on the roster, which means we lose our shot at the Jets' very high 4th rounder. But then again, Idzik took him on, so who knows?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Pete and John have to have some dirt on Quinn by now. Maybe they can blackmail him into keeping Percy until after the draft.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1adzzrc6 said:
NJSeaHawk":1adzzrc6 said:
DavidSeven":1adzzrc6 said:

Yeah, that's what I mean. I have a hard time believing Quinn will keep Harvin on the roster, which means we lose our shot at the Jets' very high 4th rounder. But then again, Idzik took him on, so who knows?

Ahh, ok.

Well here's to hoping! :thirishdrinkers:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2azit135 said:
This sounds like a bad idea for the Jets. And not just because I want Quinn to stay.

Do they really believe another Defensive coach is going to fix the problems the Jets have? Does Quinn have the connections to bring in a great Offensive mind to fix their Offense? I don't get it.

the jets #1 problem is that they don't have a QB, can't really even think about fixing something that doesn't exist. Their offense isn't broken, they simply don't have one.

McGruff

Reaction score
DavidSeven":9hf4ofkm said:

I think Travis Jones is probably our next DC. I don't see Pete letting him go.

chet380

Reaction score
DavidSeven":11hq9vda said:
NJSeaHawk":11hq9vda said:
DavidSeven":11hq9vda said:

With absolutely dreadful NYJ Quarterbacking, PH had games of 11-129 yds and 6-124 yds -- the talent is obviously there, so the question is whether they'll pay the big dollars.

Largent80

Reaction score
Who cares, lets go win us a super bowl. Let all this crap happen on Feb 2nd. after we hoist the trophy.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Largent80":3bl1m93z said:
Who cares, lets go win us a super bowl. Let all this crap happen on Feb 2nd. after we hoist the trophy.

+1.

I just wanted Quinn here for the three-peat. :stirthepot:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2tgk4sqh said:
Largent80":2tgk4sqh said:

+1.

I just wanted Quinn here for the three-peat. :stirthepot:
Why only 3??