Pete's Press Conference w/Recap

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html[/urltargetblank]

Usually on Friday, but since it's a Saturday game, everything is moved up a day. Video feed is live, so I imagine it won't be much longer

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
On Practice this week....said it's a 2 week preparation. Big focus on fundamentals. Feeling good and healthy. Rested enough. Everyone is in good spirits.

On Unger. Great shape, ready to go

Moeaki is a game day decision (internet being wonky....didn't catch why but he said something about it happening in practice???)

Heflet is ready to go

On Being heavy favorites....said only place we're favorites is outside of here. We respect their players and coaches. Have had tough games with them. It's a huge game and championship matchup.

Maxwell has recovered fine from his illness

Kearse is ready to go

Dobbs is fine and is ready to go. No question

On Russell not getting picked by other teams...said if you want to win you would pick him.

Lots of talk on how tough mentally and physically Wilson is

on Cole...said he is a tough guy who knows the game real well.

Raves about Quinn

Drafted Irvin to be an every down player, but purposely brought him along slowly in the first year. Says he can now do tons of stuff for us.

on 2012 draft productivity...said they felt amongst themselves that it could be the difference maker

On Johnson. Serious injury. No idea how long it will take. Said he'll pop back quickly when he gets around the corner but he hasn't got there yet and they don't know when

That's it for today. I'm pretty sure it's the last press conference until after the game Saturday

Basis4day

Reaction score
kidhawk":1bvezsni said:
On Practice this week....said it's a 2 week preparation. Big focus on fundamentals. Feeling good and healthy. Rested enough. Everyone is in good spirits.

Moeaki is a game day decision (internet being wonky....didn't catch why but he said something about it happening in practice???)

Heflet is ready to go

On Being heavy favorites....said only place we're favorites is outside of here. We respect their players and coaches. Have had tough games with them. It's a huge game and championship matchup.

Kearse is ready to go

On Russell not getting picked by other teams...said if you want to win you would pick him.

Raves about Quinn

Drafted Irvin to be an every down player, but purposely brought him along slowly in the first year. Says he can now do tons of stuff for us.

on 2012 draft productivity...said they felt amongst themselves that it could be the difference maker

On Johnson. Serious injury. No idea how long it will take. Said he'll pop back quickly when he gets around the corner but he hasn't got there yet and they don't know when

That's it for today. I'm pretty sure it's the last press conference until after the game Saturday

Correct. Said it happened in practice this week. Called it a minor calf strain. Wait and see mode.

dukestar

Reaction score

Coach was referring to Pro Bowl here. He said if they wanted to win the Pro Bowl they should've chosen Wilson. Sorry Pete wouldn't work out for them since he'll have a bigger game to play in.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
dukestar":aog3muly said:

Coach was referring to Pro Bowl here. asicall said if they wanted to win the Pro Bowl they should've chosen Wilson. Sorry Pete wouldn't work out for them since he'll have a bigger game to play in.

I thought I heard him say teams, then I thought I heard him say Pro Bowl. I planned to listen to it again later and hope my internet doesn't choose to freeze up in the few places it did while listening live.

EDIT: Just saw this tweet from the Seahawks which makes the statement make a bit more sense now

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/553312697258086401[/tweet]

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Pete-Carroll-Divisional-Friday-Press-Conference/0e3a0543-0a4f-4df7-ba31-61f3e9b54f23[/urltargetblank]

Video is up on .com now for those who want to watch it

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":3a02qey4 said:
kidhawk":3a02qey4 said:

Heflet is ready to go

Kearse is ready to go

Raves about Quinn

Correct. Said it happened in practice this week. Called it a minor calf strain. Wait and see mode.

Just listening to it again and he did call it a very slight calf strain. I'd guess that he may be ready to go, but with Cooper and Luck ready, they may not play him too much anyway.

endzorn

Reaction score
The first time we played Helfet was a real weapon, or threat at least. I'm glad he's back. Schilling was respectable, but below average so getting him back could be a big deal and having Sweezy blocking Cole rather than Lotulelei could really be big for the run game.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sterlinghawk":16uoay16 said:
Thanks again for the efforts kid!!!
Peace. :th2thumbs:

Thank you so much for all these presser writeups during the season and playoffs! I always look forward to them!
Kidhawk's writeups are one more part of why Seahawks.NET is so awesome!

eastcoast12

Reaction score
olyfan63":2jk3mmwf said:
Thank you so much for all these presser writeups during the season and playoffs! I always look forward to them!
Kidhawk's writeups are one more part of why Seahawks.NET is so awesome!

+1 :th2thumbs:

Jacknut16

Reaction score
kidhawk":rsat6d8r said:

Heflet is ready to go

Kearse is ready to go

Raves about Quinn

Helfet being back is a really big key, he is a nice target, makes some nice plays, and I bet you he sneaks out for a key gain in this game.