Surprised NFL put us in the Sat night time slot

gowazzu02

Reaction score
We all remember how they don't like what Seattle does to teams during prime time, lights on, the world is watching games.

Not that the world wont be watching at 1pm....but still got a little chuckle out of it.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
NFL doesn't not like the Hawks in primetime at home...the networks didn't want us at home for primetime because they are blowout games. It was the networks decisions not the NFLs...

This conspiracy theory that the NFL is out to get Seattle is old and annoying

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3voix8f8 said:
NFL doesn't not like the Hawks in primetime at home...the networks didn't want us at home for primetime because they are blowout games. It was the networks decisions not the NFLs...

Brace yourself; after tomorrow night's game, we're going to be treated to 8 days of "the officials are going to screw us in the NFC Title game as ordered from up on high by Roger Goodell" threads.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1mfmx4k6 said:

In one breath you say NFL DIDN't give seattle primetime home games because of the networks, then say you dont like the theory of the nfl treating Seattle differently..........

Reread your post and say....hmmmm

themunn

Reaction score
I thought the scheduling alternated each year based on seedings and not teams?

Going from 2011 to 2014 the NFC's #1 seed has played:

2010 - Saturday primetime (Falcons)
2011 - Sunday primetime (Packers)
2012 - Sunday early (Falcons (vs Seahawks)
2013 - Saturday early (Seahawks)
2014 - Sunday primetime (Seahawks)

or is it just some big coincidence

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
gowazzu02":jufnb62v said:
Hawkfan77":jufnb62v said:

In one breath you say NFL DIDN't give seattle primetime home games because of the networks, then say you dont like the theory of the nfl treating Seattle differently..........

Reread your post and say....hmmmm
Umm...re-read what I said. I never said the NFL doesn't like Seattle.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
What's more interesting is that both #1 vs #4 matchups are on Saturday while the #2 vs #3 matchups are on Sunday.

Polaris

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3sgtxyyc said:
We all remember how they don't like what Seattle does to teams during prime time, lights on, the world is watching games.

Not that the world wont be watching at 1pm....but still got a little chuckle out of it.

Seattle is the #1 seed and as such, the Seahawks didn't give the NFL much choice. I am sure the NFL and the networks would love to bury the Seattle game in the 1pm Sunday slot, but NFL playoff bylaws prevented that. It's the same reason we were allowed to play Green Bay during primetime at home for the first game of the season. The NFL didn't have a choice because of league bylaws (in that case regarding Defending Superbowl Champs).

Hawknballs

Reaction score
what I think is lame is that the NFC championship game is at 12:05 PST.

???

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Hawknballs":mppecw0m said:

???

Looks like they just alternate back and forth between which game starts first between the two conferences. That's the pattern that's been followed for the last handful of years at least.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawknballs":30p9cbk8 said:

???
Very. But that isn't odd it's just the NFC's turn to have the early game in the rotation. Be glad we were the #1 seed and forced the NFL's hand by giving us the Saturday primetime slot.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Filydan":mocvngkt said:
Who cares what anyone else thinks. I'm pretty sure we all like it.

But if we all stopped complaining about the fake media bias then what would fuel our inferiority complex?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I guess I'm just confused why they wouldn't have it at normal time an hour later (1:05) and play the other one at 4:40 PST / 7:40 EST.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3rqloph4 said:
I guess I'm just confused why they wouldn't have it at normal time an hour later (1:05) and play the other one at 4:40 PST / 7:40 EST.
If they they put it at 4:40 EST then you push the second game back to 8:10 EST minimum which is too late. Currently it's set at 3:05 EST/6:40 EST which works far better for the eastern time zone (where 67% of the population lives).

jammerhawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2wm30q7k said:
What's more interesting is that both #1 vs #4 matchups are on Saturday while the #2 vs #3 matchups are on Sunday.

Isn't that normal?

It gives the higher ranked team a day longer to get ready for the next game if they succeed and get through the divisional round.

AVL

Reaction score
Just be glad they don't make you play at ten at home.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1mloxy0c said:
MizzouHawkGal":1mloxy0c said:

Isn't that normal?

It gives the higher ranked team a day longer to get ready for the next game if they succeed and get through the divisional round.
I honestly don't know it would make sense because of that though. I was just thinking the NFL would prefer to put each #1 seed in the primetime slots over both days.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":wj7p7gt9 said:
Hawknballs":wj7p7gt9 said:
If they they put it at 4:40 EST then you push the second game back to 8:10 EST minimum which is too late. Currently it's set at 3:05 EST/6:40 EST which works far better for the eastern time zone (where 67% of the population lives).

If they moved the first game 1 hour from 3:05 PM EST to 4:05 PM EST, why would they have to move the next game 1.5 hours from 6:40 PM to 8:10 PM? Why wouldn't they just move it to 7:40? That's a reasonable time to start a prime time game on the east coast. Most SNF games throughout the year don't start till 8 or 8:30 EST even when they are played on the east coast.

This weekend's games on Sunday follow the 1:05/4:40 PST schedule - guess I just don't understand why the championship games don't as well.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawknballs":62g68i4i said:
MizzouHawkGal":62g68i4i said:
Hawknballs":62g68i4i said:

If they moved the first game 1 hour from 3:05 PM EST to 4:05 PM EST, why would they have to move the next game 1.5 hours from 6:40 PM to 8:10 PM? Why wouldn't they just move it to 7:40? That's a reasonable time to start a prime time game on the east coast. Most SNF games throughout the year don't start till 8 or 8:30 EST even when they are played on the east coast.

This weekend's games on Sunday follow the 1:05/4:40 PST schedule - guess I just don't understand why the championship games don't as well.

I think the networks want more assured pre-game time to sell advertising.