So, you guys got the Centurylink Field seismic feed going?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
For those of us stuck at home that is... Though if you're at the game, I think you can have it up on your phone (although you'll see the play first, kinda taking the fun out of it). In case you hadn't heard the story, the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network installed two sensors into the foundation of Centurylink Field over the last two weeks to record the seismic activity created by the 12th Man during the playoffs. I think the third feed at the bottom is the existing sensor away from the field that recorded the Beast Quake. Since it is near-live and the tv feed has a ten-second delay, it's supposed to give us about a 5 second heads up when something really big is about to happen... Awesome! I'll have it up all day. Should be interesting!

http://pnsn.org/seahawks/quickshake

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
If you don't have this going, you missed out on that Kam TD... My wife was in the kitchen, and I saw the Richter scale going crazy, and I yelled to my wife... "HON! SOMETHING BIG IS GONNA HAPPEN!!!" She ran in front of the tv just in the nick of time to see Kam intercept... AWESOME!!! :lol:

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Is there really this little interest in this? Man, did I misjudge the crowd here... I thought this would be a big deal. Oh well. Color me clueless I guess.

KAM IS THE BADDEST SEAHAWK SINCE KENNY EASLEY, ONLY.... BETTER! WHOOHOOOO!!!!

GO HAWKS!!!

jkitsune

Reaction score
BlueThunder":v0bypahs said:
Is there really this little interest in this? Man, did I misjudge the crowd here... I thought this would be a big deal. Oh well. Color me clueless I guess.

GO HAWKS!!!

Don't take it personally. We were watching something else!

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
jkitsune":yvni9n4v said:
BlueThunder":yvni9n4v said:

GO HAWKS!!!

Don't take it personally. We were watching something else!

Oh trust me, I was dialed into the game. I just had this off to the side on my laptop. I'd just notice all this scribbly activity going on, and then look back at the tv and watch whatever caused the scribbly lines to unfold... It was UBER cool! lol

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
That is an amazing story, can mods somehow move this thread to main forum so it gets the attention it deserves?

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Swedishhawkfan":z2ehp85k said:
That is an amazing story, can mods somehow move this thread to main forum so it gets the attention it deserves?

Really? That's the way you interpreted this? That I'm due some kind of importance or something? Wow... I just thought that the SUBJECT would be interesting... NOT my frickin' post... Sheesh...

Not to mention this story was on NBC National News last night... But I realize most people don't watch something boring like "World News"...

Tells me how you view your posts...

But hey! HOW BOUT THEM HAWKS???!!!

YES!

Finally found a poster that irritated me (to the point of retort). Took a loooong time!

Joey13091

Reaction score
Damn this is awesome right here!

I bookmarked so I can watch it next week. Although I'll be at the game. Lol

Go Hawks!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
No I did not know about this. I don t watch the news except in the morning.
thanks.
cat.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":33dcijip said:
No I did not know about this. I don t watch the news except in the morning.
thanks.
cat.

Well, I think they'll have it going next week as well. It's really fun. I thought more people would think it was cool as well. Oh well. I'm pretty sciency-thinking (as sutz would put it), so maybe other people just aren't interested in the science behind it, so that's probably where I misjudged the interest. But ya'll that are interested, link in OP.

taco40

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2u5zon0b said:
Swedishhawkfan":2u5zon0b said:

Really? That's the way you interpreted this? That I'm due some kind of importance or something? Wow... I just thought that the SUBJECT would be interesting... NOT my frickin' post... Sheesh...

Not to mention this story was on NBC National News last night... But I realize most people don't watch something boring like "World News"...

Tells me how you view your posts...

But hey! HOW BOUT THEM HAWKS???!!!

YES!

Finally found a poster that irritated me (to the point of retort). Took a loooong time!

No, people don't waste their time on the overly slanted NBC interpretation of the news.

As far as the link, here is a 'replay" of tonight's seismic activity at a place the 12's call home.
http://pnsn.org/seahawks/quickshake

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Awesome. I heard the seismic readers were going to be around, I didn't know there was a live feed. I'll have that up next week if it's happening again.

When the play happened, after I was done yelling "That's the game! That's the game! Holy Catfish! That's the game!" I double-high-fived my wife and said, "Kam Quake, baby!"

A

Anonymous

I plucked this thread out of the gameday forum.

BT has found a cool thing here.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
I think it is very cool but between the game and being a part of the .net IRC channel I don't really pay attention to anything else. Saw a lot about it from the local news sites and facebook. Very cool way to test the software.