Good Thing, Bad Thing

BlueOne

Reaction score
Good Thing Russel Wilson was fantastic today. He started throwing the ball a bit high in the 1st quarter and missed possible TDs to Kearse and Richardson, but god damn was he perfect otherwise. Great decision making and accuracy the rest of the game and some key runs for first downs. ALSO wow, I never noticed before but he follows our RBs after his playfake is over and looks for fumbles. He was on Lynchs fumble before anyone else even noticed it had hit the ground. I have NEVER seen a QB do this before so consistently. I started watching after the fumble play, he does it every time unless play action has taken him too far away.

Good Thing Willson gets so open so consistently. Most players in the NFL can't get open. Willson gets open at will. If he can improve his blocking a bit and not drop the ball he will be extremely valuable.

Bad Thing Our D-line wasn't great today. Two sacks and not the best run defense at home against the Panthers is not good. Mebane and Hill are missed. (Irvin had an all around solid game though not amazing). Weak pressure all day.

Bad Thing Tharold Simon was picked on all day and who knows what's wrong with Maxwell. Byron looks mediocre at times next to Sherman, but there's definitely a drop off without him in the game.

Bad Thing Paul Richardson and Unger could be out a while. Both are important parts of this offense.

Good ThingSecondary, Sherman was great, ET was great though man he needs to hold onto the two picks he dropped, and Kam Chancelor has been THE BEST player on this team during the playoffs since he's been in Seattle. Also, I could have sworn Kam touched the 2nd FG and it shouldn't have been running into the kicker, maybe an angle we see later this week will show it clearly.

Good Thing Winning a playoff game is always a great thing. Blowing the other team out is even better and this was a blowout. Seahawks could have scored to end it if they weren't taking a knee and the Panthers were lucky they only lost by 14. Three dropped ints, two fumbles out of bounds, a ridiculously stupid penalty on Lockette costing a FG attempt, Okung for a taunt that kept them in FG range, and as I said earlier I think maybe Kam clipped that ball on the 2nd FG attempt which would take away 3 without that penalty as well.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
They called #76 for the taunting penalty that kept Carolina in field goal range, but it was not Okung. Wrong number for sure.
Good thing. Big playoff win.
Bad thing. Inconsistent run blocking as well as pass pro. O line looked "off" on run assignments multiple times early.

vonstout

Reaction score
There aren't any other playoff teams left that have defenses that are comparable to ours. We won't have problems running against anyone else. Carolina has a great front 7.

CHawk

Reaction score
Lockett penalty was bad. Took us out of field goal range.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Lockette has 63,284 pics on his phone of him and Kaepernick "pulling a Cosby," but he runs fast on punt coverage.

So I forgive him

kearly

Reaction score
Moderator on aisle four!

Our pass rush was excellent on the first couple drives, but after that it was hit and miss the rest of the game, with Cam having all day to throw far too often. Credit to the Panthers OL, I thought they would stink in pass pro in this game.

Credit to Cam, who despite his two picks played a hell of a game. He navigated that pocket about as well as Tony Romo did back in week six; Romo is IMO the most elusive QB in the pocket in the NFL. Newton had some stellar throws. Ultimately he had to take chances against a defense that was going balls out for turnovers.

Carolina's LBs are awesome.

Rivera had his team ready to play.

Kam Chancellor would have been 1st team all pro this year and last year if the voting had been done after the season.

Seafan

Reaction score
Kam had one INT during the season but stats don't tell the story. Who is a better SS in this league? NOBODY.

mikeak

Reaction score
The high throw to Kearse looked as difference in what to do IMHO

Kearse goes upfield then parallel to the lines. If he turns upfield more then he catches that ball in stride for a touchdown. I think RW expected him to angle upfield.

First when I saw it I was like darn he threw it high. Then I replayed it and think they just made different decisions.

CHawk

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":36xp8len said:
Lockette has 63,284 pics on his phone of him and Kaepernick "pulling a Cosby," but he runs fast on punt coverage.

So I forgive him

Well he does seem to have one bone head play a game. Could be Kaepernick rubbing off on him.

shawnsim

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":1p5qiktn said:

So I forgive him

Literal Lol.

Cartire

Reaction score
Im all honesty, I thought Lockette was just flipping the ball up to the ref and accidently flipped it up to the DB. I dont think it was intentional. I honestly dont, but maybe it was. It just seemed like it was such a light hearted toss that there was nothing malicious behind it.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Cartire":37x7cau9 said:
Im all honesty, I thought Lockette was just flipping the ball up to the ref and accidently flipped it up to the DB. I dont think it was intentional. I honestly dont, but maybe it was. It just seemed like it was such a light hearted toss that there was nothing malicious behind it.

The funny thing is the guy was over him with his head down jawing at him....

mikeak

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3lnokpz0 said:
Cartire":3lnokpz0 said:

The funny thing is the guy was over him with his head down jawing at him....

YES! Exactly what I said. Should have been offsetting penalties