Quinn to Jets.....Not so fast

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Between Thursday and Friday it was widely reported that the Jets would be willing to wait for Quinn no matter how long it took and that both had significant mutual interest.

However, twiiter reports this morning are that the Jets are also still interested in Cardinals DC Todd Bowles and Ravens OC Gary Kubiak.

I do think that Quinn will get a head coaching job (and deservedly so in my opinion) but if the Hawks win next weekend and teams get impatient it could mean good things for retaining our coaching staff.

Bowles is a hell of a coach as well and also deserves a shot to be the head guy somewhere. It would be brilliant if the Cardinals lost their stud DC while we somehow retained Quinn for one more year.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1517xfdb said:
Between Thursday and Friday it was widely reported that the Jets would be willing to wait for Quinn no matter how long it took and that both had significant mutual interest.

However, twiiter reports this morning are that the Jets are also still interested in Cardinals DC Todd Bowles and Ravens OC Gary Kubiak.

I do think that Quinn will get a head coaching job (and deservedly so in my opinion) but if the Hawks win next weekend and teams get impatient it could mean good things for retaining our coaching staff.

Bowles is a hell of a coach as well and also deserves a shot to be the head guy somewhere. It would be brilliant if the Cardinals lost their stud DC while we somehow retained Quinn for one more year.

IF I was Quinn that would be so hard to walk away from assuming we win a 2nd superbowl. Going for the 3rd ..I mean you would have to and want to stay right?

drdiags

Reaction score
If Quinn's ultimate goal is to be an HC, it is an easy call to walk away no matter what the Seahawks do in the post season. He spent time before with the Jets and is from the area at one time. Don't fool yourself thinking a talented and coveted coach will give up an opportunity to make his own mark vs hanging around to be part of Pete and the Seahawks legacy.

There are several coaches that were hot candidates the last few years who cooled off. Strike while the iron is hot.

For the OP, yeah seeing Bowles still being mentioned sends conflicting messages for the Quinn is good as gone message. Not sure what to think but all the info is the media floating un-named sources.

pehawk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2zle131n said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2zle131n said:

IF I was Quinn that would be so hard to walk away from assuming we win a 2nd superbowl. Going for the 3rd ..I mean you would have to and want to stay right?

I wouldn't want a coordinator on the Seahawks that didn't see himself and aspire to a HC position. Wow is that a homer view you have, man. Unless you'd turn down a 500% pay increase to take care of your family AND be able to live your dream?

Douche chills...