Bold WR Prediction for this week....

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
With P-Rich out Chris Matthews gets more targets (particularly in the Red Zone) and Norwood goes off!

Mick063

Reaction score
Here is my bold prediction.

Russell Wilson will look for Brad Jones covering Luke Willson in the seam with the same "Christmas morning like" anticipation that he displayed for Larry Foote of the Cardinals.

Mathews playing middle linebacker instead of rushing off the edge? Hello play action bootleg. Hello 300 pound fullback blocking out of the I formation.

CHawk

Reaction score
Mick063":1j415bsd said:

Russell Wilson will look for Brad Jones covering Luke Willson in the seam with the same "Christmas morning like" anticipation that he displayed for Larry Foote of the Cardinals.

Mathews playing middle linebacker instead of rushing off the edge? Hello play action bootleg.

Mick you have found the best why to describe that play. you should be a poet.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I have no predictions for our WRs just hope the can get open and hang on to the ball .ADB is the only one I trust the rest I'm very skeptical .

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Lockette is a good matchup for the Seahawks against the Packers. He had a TD in the last meeting against them. Hopefully he gets and makes most of his opportunity.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Chris Matthews might have the size but from watching his highlights he doesn't look like a red zone threat.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
We'll honestly probably see more Bryan Walters at WR than Matthews.

Excited to see Norwood get real game action though. He reminds me of a taller Bobby Engram. Just hope the chemistry is there with Russ.

Seafan

Reaction score
Moeaki and Helfet have been quiet for a while. Same with Lockette. I'd like to see Lynch and Turbin get a pass or two as well.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I think we'll really miss P-Rich, the stats don't do justice to what he did for us against the Panthers. For example on Kearse's TD he blew past a couple of defenders and froze the deep safety enough for Russell to put the ball in the space for Kearse to grab it. Nobody else on our team really has that kind of ability.

My prediction is that we get relatively underwhelming production out of our WRs this week but our TE's and Lynch/Turbs combine for some decent yards through the air. I'd probably take the under on Wilson's passing line this week (assuming it'll be around 250 yards), though given his rushing total over the past two games is just 29 yards I'd hope his rushing line was somewhere around 30 yards, and I'd absolutely take the over.

I'm interested to see how they use Norwood, I've been trying to work out what his role will be going forward and what we see on Sunday could be indicative of that. That said I wouldn't expect much. Anything more than two catches and I'll be impressed.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Richardsons production will be made up in aggregate, not by one other WR "going off". In my opinion the most likely scenario is a couple more looks to Baldwin, Kearse gets more deep routes, Willson and Moeaki get more looks. He have 3 decent pass catching TEs now and Willson is on the verge of taking it to the next level.

Packer_junkie

Reaction score
Mick063":2uvh6zj8 said:

Mathews playing middle linebacker instead of rushing off the edge? Hello play action bootleg. Hello 300 pound fullback blocking out of the I formation.

Good thing Brad Jones got benched like 8 weeks ago. Research up bro

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Moe is available for this one? That is good news. As far as Mathews goes; I hope he understands that it's now or never. This is the biggest oppurtunity he will ever have to show he belongs in this league.
I expect Baldwin to make his presence known and a few more big plays from Kerarse and any of our TE's would help.
This game will hinge on our defense's ability to pressure Rogers while minimizing the packer running game.

Chawks1

Reaction score
No one has mentioned Kearse this entire thread.....I think he will step up. And looks like Moeaki will be active too this week. Since our entire WR & TE group is pedestrian it really doesn't matter who steps on the field. Anyone of them will have key contributions. Seems to be someone different each week.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2p4langt said:
Lockette plays more, that's for sure.

Lockette for sure. i just hope he dials it down a little and avoids the stupid penalties he gets when fired up too much. he has had two that i know of that really hurt them.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Chawks1":3sg7aqnj said:
No one has mentioned Kearse this entire thread.....I think he will step up.

I don't know, Packers are going to learn from some Panthers mistakes on tape this week. I doubt we'll have the same opportunities to throw deep. I also doubt we'll be seeing secondary blitzes forcing them to go 1v1 in the redzone.

I think whoever replaces Richardson will command less respect and that should mean Kearse is paid a little more attention (Richardson was partly responsible for two of Kearse's catches on Saturday).

If you want a bold prediction then I guess I'll go for a Walters TD.