Kearse's TD

HawkGA

Reaction score
So at the time I was a bit tiffed there was no PI call on the defensive player. But in the ESPN highlights, the announcer said PI could have been called on Kearse. WTF?

Pie Romania

Reaction score
Defensive player interfered earlier. Kearse extended his arm and pushed off. I felt it evened things out, but wasn't going to be surprised if I saw a flag come out while watching him catch that pass. Glad they let it go.....both sides made illegal contact IMO.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Some people saw an arm grab by the defender, some saw a push-off by the receiver. Refs saw nothing. I think it was DPI.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
The push off only came because his arm was grabbed. Just sayin'.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":31uum09b said:
The push off only came because his arm was grabbed. Just sayin'.

I think Kearse was still being grabbed when the ball got there. Why else would he have caught it with one arm? Just showboating? In the playoffs? I don't think so.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Looked to me like Kearse was getting the other guy's arm off of him. Either way, it was a good no-call.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don't see how that could be OPI when the defender was yanking on Kearse's left arm.

Seafan

Reaction score
Pass interference isn't reviewable and you don't know when refs will throw flags. Panthers were holding our DLs a lot last night and no flags.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
There was one guy raising the possibility if OPI (eagerly brought it up twice), but nobody on the set backed him up.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
That was a sick play with two players fighting equally for an advantage and alpha dog won. Bark!

endzorn

Reaction score
I thought the officiating was great. They let most of the action to which favors Seattle most of the time.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yeah I have been irritated ever since because all the replay guys are only talking about how it is OPI. They completely ignore the fact that the defender bear hugs Kearse's arm. Kearse is just trying to get his arm free and that is why he is pushing off. Is he not allowed to try to get his arm free when a defender is holding it back?

It was an amazing play by Kearse, probably the best of his career considering he was being interfered with so badly. Can't believe they are only debating if it was OPI or not. Doesn't even make sense if you watch the replay.

pehawk

Reaction score
The refs let them play. As long as its consistent, I'm cool with it.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Defensive player grabbed him early on and you could see the jerk of his yanking on Jermaine. Then he reaches across Kearse and grabs him so Jermaine says "That's the 2nd time this play, get off me fool!"

No chance of that being OPI, there were 2 DPI's preceding Kearse's slapping at the guys arm for grabbing him.

CEHawk

Reaction score
The DB definitely grabbed him earlier in the play, before he caught the ball I thought Kearse was just fending off the DB's hands, no push. My feeling was that if Kearse didn't make the catch a flag would have been thrown for OPI. It was an amazing throw and catch.

Kearse seems to be getting very consistent at pulling in these game changing tough catches..

kearly

Reaction score
It was a little bit of both. Obviously I'm glad they didn't call both because it would have reset the play and wiped out a TD.

I thought Kearse's push off moved him way more than it moved the defender. Not so much a shove as it was a dive. It would have been one of the more ticky tack OPI calls I've ever seen, probably would not have been called in the preseason even.

The defender arm barred and grabbed Kearse's left arm blatantly. If he doesn't do that I think Kearse jumps up and makes a two handed catch without the push.