WHY is the Hawks Packers game on early at noon !!!

hawkporvida

Reaction score
How the hell does the NFL have the hawks and packers at noon and the patriots colts game at 3pm .... that is absolutely ridiculous .... Any thoughts ??

Joey13091

Reaction score
Just means I'll have beer with my breakfast. Before heading down to the stadium.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
NFC and AFC alternate each year which conference has the early game. It's always been this way.

OP
OP
H

hawkporvida

Reaction score
I didnt know that ... well i guess i was hoping for another prime time start .... HAWKS kill it in prime time...

GO HAWKS !!

BlueBlood

Reaction score
hawkporvida":3q61k7pr said:
I didnt know that ... well i guess i was hoping for another prime time start .... HAWKS kill it in prime time...

GO HAWKS !!

It is known

Cartire

Reaction score
I get the swap, I have no idea why it cant be on at 1 though like any other sunday game, and then the AFC game on at 5:30 like any other sunday night game.

netskier

Reaction score
Why not honor both the NFC and the AFC with primetime games on Saturday and Sunday, and swap days each year?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Cartire":oo6v07q8 said:
I get the swap, I have no idea why it cant be on at 1 though like any other sunday game, and then the AFC game on at 5:30 like any other sunday night game.

Yeah, this is what is dumb to me.

minormillikin

Reaction score
netskier":16ktdcjh said:
Why not honor both the NFC and the AFC with primetime games on Saturday and Sunday, and swap days each year?

This idea is crazy enough to work.

Ruminator

Reaction score
hawkporvida":utde4eys said:
How the hell does the NFL have the hawks and packers at noon and the patriots colts game at 3pm .... that is absolutely ridiculous .... Any thoughts ??

Look at it this way -- Hawks will be about 3.5 hours fresher than the AFC team when it's time to play the big game in Glendale.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
netskier":4o5wngk6 said:

Terrible idea, one team would be playing on a short week.. The other wouldn't.

This is the first time a game has been played with a noon kickoff in Seattle. Not worth changing the whole system over.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Cartire":1wl0n3z9 said:

This I do agree with.

AVL

Reaction score
Just be grateful the league doesn't make the hawks play 10 a.m. at home.

Not yet, anyway.

seabowl

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":20ib631f said:
netskier":20ib631f said:

Terrible idea, one team would be playing on a short week.. The other wouldn't.

This is the first time a game has been played with a noon kickoff in Seattle. Not worth changing the whole system over.

There a 2 week break before the superbowl. The one hour difference between 12 and 1 are no big deal.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I knew there'd be a thread like this. The time is pre-set. It would have been this way had we won or Carolina had won. I had already set my dvr to record this game (listed as tba) before we even played the Panthers. They aren't going to do last minute time changes. They schedule these playoff games before they are even decided. It's no slight on the Seahawks nor is it done to help any other teams.