How many Packer fans at the Clink?

Slick

Reaction score
I think they were at least 5,000 strong (probably more) for the NFL season opener.

I'm thinking there will be that or maybe pushing 10,000 if people are looking to make money off their season tix.

JonRud

Reaction score
You have to think there will be a lot of them walking around with cheese on their heads. At least it's not Cowboys fans it would be very tough to take seeing them walking around the city all weekend. Of course nothing was worse than all the 49ers fans at least year's game.

Those 49ers fans must all be magicians because after the game ended they all disappeared!

jkitsune

Reaction score
Hopefully fewer than there were 9er fans last year for the NFCCG. The NFCCG had enough visiting fans that they were cheering when the Niners were on D.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I'll tell you there were ZERO panters fans at the game. Never seen so few opposing fans at a game

marko358

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2c5y4ouv said:
I'll tell you there were ZERO panters fans at the game. Never seen so few opposing fans at a game
Yeah it was insane how few I saw. There had to be less than 100 total. I'd expect at least 5 to 6K Packer fans.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I saw a few panthers fans.
about 10 of them in 117.
probably 150-200 total.

At the rams game, I saw about 10 Rams fans in the entire south and east lower bowl.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":33cbt4tb said:

I would think Carolina and Detroit would have the fewest number of fans at away games. Next years Detroit game should be telling of whatever fan ase they have.

dutchman063

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":d3w9poyd said:

Not exactly a national fanbase for a younger team like the Panthers, certainly not on the level of the Packers

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Teams like the Packers will always show well on the road for a variety of reasons:

1) Long standing national fanbase. Lots of TV Packers fans that only get to see them in person once in a while, and therefor will always be willing to spend more on tickets.

2) Transplants from the upper midwest. Similar to above, will always pony up the dough due to only getting the chance every blue moon.

3 Ticket brokers who own season tickets and sell them to the highest bidders. Sure would be nice if this could be policed in some way.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The lack of Rams fans is understandable given their reliance on the Ram Rules. "Saaaaaack" just doesn't sound the same in an open air stadium, making noise on third down seems silly when the other fan base is making noise on every down, and slow clapping out the kickoff doesn't work when you have don't the PA system syncing everything up to keep Rams Fans on the correct tempo.

I think there will be a lot of Packers fans in the crowd next week. If you can't go or don't have the money for your ticket make sure it goes to a Hawk fan.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Probably be a lot of them at the walk in clinic after the game being treated for chronic butt hurt!

OpHawk

Reaction score
jkitsune":zogt2x91 said:
Hopefully fewer than there were 9er fans last year for the NFCCG. The NFCCG had enough visiting fans that they were cheering when the Niners were on D.

I remember looking around the clink from my seat and being shocked at how much red were in the stands. Many of our fellow 12's "sold out"

Hopefully we don't have a similar situation this year. Packers fans travel well. They are also one of those franchises that that have a significant portion of the fanbase that has never stepped foot in the home state of the team they root for. Expect to hear "GO PACK GO" more than you'd like

chawx

Reaction score
A good way to "hide" the Packer fans (who will most definitely show on Sunday) is to wear your lime green gear if you have it. In a sea of deep blue, the yellow and even the green shows up and will make them appear more prevalent in the stands. But, if we can get enough lower bowl people in the lime green, it will atleast mute out some of that yellow. Maybe Clink can pass out t-shirts or towels or something to block them out? I know, gimmicky... how about everyone just wear your lime green and cheer about 1.5-2.0x louder to drown them out. ;)

jonkchar

Reaction score
I for the most part respect cheese head fans. I flew down for the Cowboys/Seahawks game and those fans got loud. One girl was taking video at the end on her phone and telling all Seahawks fans "bye!" They weren't horrible but I wouldn't mind them coming to the Clink to potentially eat humble pie. I wouldn't doubt if they think it would have been an automatic win for them. Oh well. Enjoy the rest of the playoffs, Cowboys fans!!!!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
In my walk into the stadium and to me seat, in my section, and walking out, I did not see a single Panthers fan the whole time. I could not believe it.

Next week will be a completely different story. There will be Packers fans by the thousands I would guess. It will be really annoying. Gotta send em home crying.

byau

Reaction score
I don't think it's a joke when that article came out way early in the season that the Packers are the #1 fanbase. I can see them traveling and making a presence at NFCGG. They are old school.

I have vague memories when my dad used to take us to the kingdome that we would pay to park on people's lawns and walk to the game.

Stadiums these days, the new ones, have ample parking, etc.etc..

In the article I recall that they said Lambeau was still like that, neighborly, parking on people's lawns near the stadium, etc.etc. hard core fanbase will travel

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Packer fans travel better than any fan base in the league save for maybe Shitsburgh. We definitely had a heavy advantage in HFA on Saturday because there simply aren't many Panther fans out there.

I'm sure there will be quite a few cheeseheads in attendance. Would have been the same sort of thing had the Cowboys won though. Hopefully 12's try their hardest to sell their tickets to Seahawk fans, but a lot of people are just looking to pay off their 2015-16 season tickets with one fell swoop

hoxrox

Reaction score
They'll likely show up, but hopefully not enough to offset the crowd noise. 12s will need to bring it!