FAO Packer fans

themunn

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2mrbxsnq said:
The Packers have no shot at winning this game.

I think you are giving them too much credit here. The Packers have no shot of competing in this game.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":36wy82mh said:
You may be thinking your Packers have a punchers chance. Some of you may be more confident than that, thinking you're gonna roll in here Sunday afternoon and roll out with a win. Well, let me put those misguided thoughts to rest here and now. Oh, sure, you have a very very good offense over there, with a QB who is better on one leg than most other QBs are on two legs. You have a serviceable running back stable in Starks and Lacy - either of whom is capable of ripping off a big one. You may look to Seattle's injuries on the D-line and think that gives your RBs a chance to gash us for some yardage. You might look to our mediocre O-line and think that you'll be able to pressure Wilson into making some bad throws and turning the ball over. You're going to listen to the pundits all week and hone in on the ones who say that the Packers are going to go up to Seattle and win. You might think your team has some kind of intangible 'destiny' factor this year.

Like most fans, you will likely feel more confident as the week rolls along. On Sunday, you'll believe in your heart that the Packers are going to do it, they're going to beat Seattle on Rodgers' gimpy leg and then roll into Glendale and win the Superbowl. Your heart will be racing when the ref tosses the coin. Then the game will start, and you'll watch as the Seahawks kick the living shit out of your beloved Packers through four quarters of football, and then neither you nor anyone else will have anything to say.

I read it in a Churchill voice and it nearly moved me to tears.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":q0egys4t said:
I'm not intending this post to come off as disrespect. You have every right to come here, and are encouraged to talk about the upcoming matchup this Sunday. Please come in and civilly converse about your team's strengths and weaknesses, your perceptions about our team's strengths and weaknesses and how you think the whole thing is gonna play out.

You may be thinking your Packers have a punchers chance. Some of you may be more confident than that, thinking you're gonna roll in here Sunday afternoon and roll out with a win. Well, let me put those misguided thoughts to rest here and now. Oh, sure, you have a very very good offense over there, with a QB who is better on one leg than most other QBs are on two legs. You have a serviceable running back stable in Starks and Lacy - either of whom is capable of ripping off a big one. You may look to Seattle's injuries on the D-line and think that gives your RBs a chance to gash us for some yardage. You might look to our mediocre O-line and think that you'll be able to pressure Wilson into making some bad throws and turning the ball over. You're going to listen to the pundits all week and hone in on the ones who say that the Packers are going to go up to Seattle and win. You might think your team has some kind of intangible 'destiny' factor this year.

Like most fans, you will likely feel more confident as the week rolls along. On Sunday, you'll believe in your heart that the Packers are going to do it, they're going to beat Seattle on Rodgers' gimpy leg and then roll into Glendale and win the Superbowl. Your heart will be racing when the ref tosses the coin. Then the game will start, and you'll watch as the Seahawks kick the living shit out of your beloved Packers through four quarters of football, and then neither you nor anyone else will have anything to say.

Hello, I'm a Packers fan(hence my username). I would like to start by saying I see almost no way the Packers win this game. I won't say they have no chance because strange things can happen, but I admit chances are down towards 0. I have followed the Hawks a lot this year. I've watched several of their games, and listened to parts of a few of them on the radio. Checked their teams news several times every week. I really don't see many weaknesses in your guys team. D is great just about every. Offense is great with lynch and Wilson running. Wilson's passing is also underrated by most people, but he's becoming one of the top passers in the league. I'm not confident, but I'm not worried. I'm just trying to enjoy the moment of winning at least one game in the playoffs against a good opponent. Remember GB hadn't beaten a good playoff team since Super Bowl XLV until yesterday. Long time to be in the playoffs every year without beating a really good team. Yesterday was a nice win, and I'm enjoying it right now. If the Packers somehow found a way to win I will be pleasantly surprised. If they lose(extremely likely), There isn't any shame losing to the best team in football. They're the defending champions for a reason.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
The Packers will have as much of a shot as the Seahawks give them.

I don't see how Seattle, playing their brand of football, doesn't just kick the tar out of them.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Reaneypark":158l8cz4 said:
The Packers will have as much of a shot as the Seahawks give them.

I don't see how Seattle, playing their brand of football, doesn't just kick the tar out of them.

Think you're right on this. If Seattle doesn't turn the ball over and holds the Packers to, say, a 33% conversion rate on 3rd downs, they win.

The only way the Packers win is if Seattle gets careless with the ball or makes some egregious defensive errors.

VaporHawk

Reaction score
...by quarter it usually goes like this for opposing fans.
1st: Hawks aren't that great
2nd: Look we are in this
3rd: Oh there is that running game of theirs.
4th: OMG Hawks are so lucky. Why is this happening to us.
After: We had them. Missed opportunities. Fire the OC...

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3ly5aqab said:
I'm not intending this post to come off as disrespect. You have every right to come here, and are encouraged to talk about the upcoming matchup this Sunday. Please come in and civilly converse about your team's strengths and weaknesses, your perceptions about our team's strengths and weaknesses and how you think the whole thing is gonna play out.

In the pre-game intros I want to hear this exact post recited by Kurt Russell!

fan4life

Reaction score
Awesome OP!

Living in Packerland, it's hard not to share Packer fans' joy over yesterday's win. But, let's make one thing clear: the refs blew it when they overturned the Dez Bryant catch. Bryant made a spectacular catch and was in the process of reaching for the endzone - after taking two steps and switching hands - when his elbow made contact with the ground (ie, he was down by contact.) He was not 'in the process of catching the ball.'

Personally, I cry no tears for the Cowboys; live by a bad refs decision, die by a bad refs decision. Just sayin' it like it is: GB is lucky to be moving on. Aaron Rodgers' accuracy (and Dallas' lack of a pash rush) helped him play a good game - but he is definitely hampered; his WRs were the real stars of yesterday's show. On the other side of the ball, the GB defense played tough, but were beaten by both the run and the pass. Dallas shouldn't have abandoned the run game on that fateful pass call - OTOH, they DID make the play.

So the questions to ponder: can AR and his WRs duplicate that performance in Seattle? Can GB's O-line protect a restricted AR from SEA's passrush and/or open holes for Eddie Lacey? Can the GB Defense stop SEA's strong ground and play-action passing games?

Most of my Wisco friends know that it will be tough going on both sides of the ball (they're hoping for some SEA turnovers......) Of course they *HOPE* GB can go into the Hawks' nest and survive - but few believe it. They are just happy GB won the contest vs DAL at home, on the hallowed ground of Lambeau Field.

The early Vegas line is SEA -6.5 pts, and most figure that's about right. But let the fan debates rage on. Every fan (and player!) should believe their team CAN win, in any competition. "That's why they play the game", as a wise man once said.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":bx9xui3z said:
peachesenregalia":bx9xui3z said:

I read it in a Churchill voice and it nearly moved me to tears.

awesome!

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":1280frrt said:
peachesenregalia":1280frrt said:

Hello, I'm a Packers fan(hence my username). I would like to start by saying I see almost no way the Packers win this game. I won't say they have no chance because strange things can happen, but I admit chances are down towards 0. I have followed the Hawks a lot this year. I've watched several of their games, and listened to parts of a few of them on the radio. Checked their teams news several times every week. I really don't see many weaknesses in your guys team. D is great just about every. Offense is great with lynch and Wilson running. Wilson's passing is also underrated by most people, but he's becoming one of the top passers in the league. I'm not confident, but I'm not worried. I'm just trying to enjoy the moment of winning at least one game in the playoffs against a good opponent. Remember GB hadn't beaten a good playoff team since Super Bowl XLV until yesterday. Long time to be in the playoffs every year without beating a really good team. Yesterday was a nice win, and I'm enjoying it right now. If the Packers somehow found a way to win I will be pleasantly surprised. If they lose(extremely likely), There isn't any shame losing to the best team in football. They're the defending champions for a reason.

Are you messing with us Hasselbeck?

NINEster

Reaction score
Packers will play tough.

But a hurt Rodgers playing in Seattle, just does not look good.

Would be a great game if the opposite was true. Now looks to be another Panther divisional game redux.

Boycie

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":6o5imqdo said:

BOOM!