Superbowl ticket prices are Rediculous!!!

Schadie001

Reaction score
I realize it is premature, but as I live in the Albuquerque area, Phoenix is a very short drive away, Last year there was no way of making the trip to NY for the SB, but this year it was a definite possibility. I was looking at SB ticket prices in case we make it. The lowest price I found was $2397 a ticket!!! I love the Seahawks but really, over 5k (2 tickets) to watch an NFL game. My dad paid less than that for season tickets to the hawks. Guess this 12 won't be in the stands :(

kjreid

Reaction score
well this is as cheap as they will be until about 3 days before game time. once the tickets go through lottery for the two teams going then you will see them jump way up and start working their way back down. I am going to gamble on buying them right before game time if I don't get the lottery drawing. (I got it in 2005 but not last year)

Brahn

Reaction score
Just wait, teams have not been given their allotment of tickets due to the Championship games still going. You are seeing the market that has only the UoP ticket allotment. Just wait till after next Tuesday, their will be many more tickets available and thus prices should drop initially.

I have yet to even receive my Season ticket holder Superbowl email, and I do not imagine receiving it until its a lock.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
nosebleeds last year were around 800 a pop about one day before game..then slowly crept up to 1.5k or so

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, other people will chime in as there was a lot of detail going on last year about this but basically at this point you're looking at a very thin number of tickets, with a purchaser base that just wants to go to the game and doesn't care about a specific team i.e. a customer who is not terribly price sensitive. Once the teams are determined, not only does the type of purchaser change a lot, but there will be many thousands of tickets that get added to the secondary market.

From admittedly faulty memory, the Seahawks will have an internal lottery for the right to buy Super Bowl tickets for season ticket holders, this usually happens within a few hours of winning the NFC championship, if not within a day or so maximum... people who win get to pay cash in person with ID at CenturyLink on Tuesday or Wednesday. Emails go out late Sunday or early Monday notifying STH.

Another random comment, with pricing like that, if it holds, you may find that buying a package with airfare and hotel is actually cheaper.

Check other sellers. NFL TicketExchange only allows listings from people who are confirmed to have rights to tickets. Other sellers like StubHub (quite reliable) will allow listings from people who will have tickets but do not have them now. Prices vary a lot as a result. NFL TE right now is like $2600 plus fees which really make it closer to $3000. StubHub prices are all in and include a pregame tailgate party and cheapest is $2350 which is a big savings.

Finally, as always, single tickets are cheaper than anything else, and prices fluctuate a lot.

I think this year actually has the possibility of being one of the cheaper Super Bowl tickets. The host city is not known for being exciting or fun (unlike New Orleans or Miami), there aren't a ton of rich people living in the host city (New York), the AFC teams are either coming from far away (New England) or don't have a huge traveling fan base (Indianapolis), the local fans aren't all that super passionate about football so they are unlikely to be buying tickets just to see a Super Bowl in person, the facility isn't historic (Lambeau), you get the idea.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Last year the possible blizzard and it being in NYC played a huge role in the ticket prices dropping .. Arizona is a different animal since the weather will likely be perfect, and it's a more affordable place to travel than NYC.

So yeah - if you're planning on dropping some cash for the Super Bowl.. it will cost you

Largent80

Reaction score
My 60" HDTV was just fine last year ans so it will be this year.

I'll spend money on top notch food.

mikeak

Reaction score
Largent80":1kphq7ba said:

Crap I have to change from the 110" to get there :)

but to the OP - I know people that bought tickets for $2k right after Seattle beat SF last year. Same ticket was $1000 with several day left and down to the $800 before the game before going up.

For the $2000 they could have had really good seats

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Seafan":s8xac6xn said:
Largent80":s8xac6xn said:

This.

Seconded! This is exactly why I took the money I saved painting my own house this year and bought the finest 64in Plasma made this summer! :snack:

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Are they more expensive than NY, because fewer people wanted to go to NY (expensive town) and freeze to death (didn't end up that cold).

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
The hotel I stayed at for the CArdie away game had rooms for 55 per night....the one dude that had a brother that was on tv Saturday morning said that the rooms were going for 500 per night for the Owl. In my opinion not bad rooms and accomodations..but I would expect a LOT more for 500 a night. Common area microwave is not worth 55 a night much less 500 a night. And being in Scottsdale...well you figure it out that you are about 30 miles away.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":2nh4jezu said:
Seafan":2nh4jezu said:
Largent80":2nh4jezu said:

This.

Seconded! This is exactly why I took the money I saved painting my own house this year and bought the finest 64in Plasma made this summer! :snack:

Oh man. Is that the Samsung? I really wanted that one...

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
jkitsune":39w8i417 said:
Evil_Shenanigans":39w8i417 said:
Seafan":39w8i417 said:
Largent80":39w8i417 said:

This.

Oh man. Is that the Samsung? I really wanted that one...

I believe it's the Hugeatachi.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
i would personally wait. GB would cause ticket prices to be higher as would the pats although had the pats made it to SB48, that would have resulted in prices being much higher since people from boston could and would have driven down.

so a seattle, indy game would be much less than a seattle pats game. IMO, the most expensive tickets would be for a pats/GB game, in which case, i am not going anyway so don't give a shit....

i actually disagree with those that suggest it is cheaper to get to AZ. NYC had the most flights and non stop ones from the largest number of cities in the US IMO. flight costs are absurd to get to AZ right now.

flight costs to PHX, a city that does not really have a whole heck of a lot of non stops which makes the flights more as more feed into the hubs. i have checked flight costs since mid dec from both Buffalo and Toronto and they have not changed much to PHX. they suck and are very expensive.

if i go, i will have to fly into LAX and drive.

also, hotel choices are slim compared to NYC.

my costs for hotel last year was at the grand hyatt for 230 plus tax a night for two nights. originally had it booked at 259 but then on the 31st, booked it down lower through a consolidator.

right now, many hotels have a 3 night min and some 2 stars are 300+ a night. i saw a hotel that got reviews about it being full of prostitutes and druggies for 400 a night.

i kept a detailed spread sheet of when prices moderated last year. i will see if i can find it. i started keeping track before the divisional games. i see to recall they popped slightly after champ games but started to drop quickly after.

IIRC, the bottle was it around 9am on January 31, 2014. they then crept up until game day.

i ended up buying my tickets, section noted in my avitar, s117, r26, S15 and 16 for $4120.20 for the pair. face was $3000. bought at noon on January 31. i guy next to me said he paid 2800 each and thought he got a good deal... :lol:

Largent80

Reaction score
If you are flying in to SoCAL go to long beach. Way nicer, less crowded,, and south of L.A. Then drive from there

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Largent80":35j3rh89 said:
If you are flying in to SoCAL go to long beach. Way nicer, less crowded,, and south of L.A. Then drive from there

And you can fly JetBlue!

Largent80

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":28wqixu8 said:
Largent80":28wqixu8 said:

And you can fly JetBlue!

Yup. They are inexpensive and have leg room in coach.

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
Or fly Alaska to Orange county or LB. We flew this year from Ontario near LA to Phoenix for the game and we paid $140 per person one way then drove back to LA after the game. Also looking at rooms, found that nothing is available in the Glendale area so we got a room in Mesa but has free cancellation. Go Hawks!!

djb28

Reaction score
120" Hi Def projector and a Party Pizza!