Pete's Monday Press Conference W/Recap

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/live.html[/urltargetblank]

Normally it's scheduled at 3pm on Monday's, but he's due up any moment now and the video feed is up

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Said he thinks Green Bay is playing better at the end of the season. Said he thought during the opener we might be playing them in the championship game.

Said our defense plays well when they are playing with confidence.

Asked about players saying they had seen game situations in practice. said that's why they prepare so hard.

Wilson getting the ball out quick and in rhythm...said it's been that way the past 5 weeks now and that they have been specifically working on plays that get the ball out quickly to help eliminate some of the rush issues.

Wilson's numbers in the post season......said like all great competitors, these big game opportunities bring out the best in them. Says they gain confidence during the regular season preparing for times like these.

Other improvements in the offesne to allow for such good execution...says the rhythm of the quick passes really helps with the rest of the game plan.

On Russell calling out protections...says it's something he's been developing and has gotten pretty good at

On the loss of Paul Richardson...He's been a good factor and we love what he's been doing. Said they will call on Norwood to step up and they are ok with that, but will definitely miss Paul. Said they'll switch around who has which of Paul's responsibilities. Wouldn't say who would return kicks (not surprised at that)

Some chatter about the 2012 game. He pretty much just said it was exciting for the twelves. Didn't seem to want to stir up "The Catch" (I won't call it what the media calls it)

On Unger...said he looks good. Very fortunate

Maxwell seems to be fine today. Said trainers told him that he's ok now.

On Richardson it's the ACL and some other stuff too (no real details there)

On having a young team...said you don't need old guys to be experienced. Said they wanted to bring in guys that they could teach their way and said that John wanted to (and he agreed) that they should start with a younger roster. Quoted Walsh saying you really need 5 years with a team to get everyone to play the right way and he said that we are a well adjusted team because of the communication factor from playing together so long.

Asked about how Kam learned under Milloy...said Kam is a perfect SS and that he gives some of the credit to that to Milloy.

Asked the difficulty of playing young guys and living through their mistakes....said Earl is the perfect example...said he gave up hundreds of yards and tons of plays because he was trying so hard to make every play. Said they've corralled him now so he plays within the system and does a phenomenal job.

On Rodgers....Said it doesn't look like he's ready to run as much, but look at the way he's throwing the ball. Said it's a great statement about a great player able to adapt to age and injury and be able to function at a high level.

On Schofield...said he's got a great motor. Said his best play was when he knocked the ball away from Newton out of bounds.

Said Unger was really solid. good consistency and communications and pass protection was there.

on having to fill vacancies....said John does a deep study ongoing looking for certain qualities. Said they keep a pool available and they rank them and then they go with the guy they feel is best to fill the need at the time. Said John and the personnel department work hard to do all of this continually.

Moeaki will practice and should be ok

Johnson they still are taking it slow. Said there's a chance but we'll see

On Simon.....played solid football. Said they didn't get the help he could have. Said he unfortunately misplayed the ball i the endzone.

Going to move up BJ Daniels (SURPRISED ME)...said he can return, play rb or wr along with qb.

On the Packers passing attack. Said they have grown with the season and are at the top of their game. Said they are always a good team and he doesn't expect anything different out of them.

On our 4th quarter success....said we take tremendous pride in finishing. Not just 4th quarter, but seasons, plays, everything.

That's it for today

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but I think I was most shocked to hear they'd be activating Daniels this week.

pehawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":3t7149s1 said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I think I was most shocked to hear they'd be activating Daniels this week.

Surprising and exciting.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Good stuff Kidhawk. Surprised me too on what he talked about BJ Daniels being able to do. Heck, maybe it is a prelude to letting our backup qb take a lil ole walk? Said BJ is a backup returner, backup Running Back....and a couple others.

He also talked about his history with USC and did not think he could get there in the highest plateau of sports again...and is there now...Great concept and satisfaction in doing so.
Go Hawks.

RCATES

Reaction score
kidhawk":uda57qn4 said:

I believe they have seen something in him at practice's that lead them to believe he can become a good utility player similar to Lockette. Mentioned special team play, rb, wr etc. Thats what I love about PC. Compete, compete, compete and you have a chance to make the 53.

gargantual

Reaction score
kidhawk":2ig899xa said:
Intriguing concept! Be interesting to see if and/or how he fits into the game.

If nothing else, a nice x-factor that the Packers have to waste time thinking about.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Great news about Unger. Was worried watching him limp around and he will be huge against GB.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Thanks Kidhawk, love the reports.

Rest of text moved to BJD thread as it seemed a more appropriate place for it.

- bsd RPA

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Pete-Carroll-NFC-Championship-Mon-Press-Conference/8d80218a-f484-44cc-a32b-7f39e92d78ba[/urltargetblank]

Video is up on .com for those who want to watch/listen