Broncos interested in Dan Quinn as HC

HawkFan72

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/554801601370935296[/tweet]

Gee...I wonder why they would be interested in Dan Quinn...

As soon as Fox left I wondered if the Broncos would jump on the Quinn bandwagon. He's basically had his job interviews with them already in the games where our D spanked them.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Not sure if they would be willing to wait 3 weeks. They just nuked the coaching staff on both sides of the ball and have to start from scratch. If by some act of god we lose next Sunday then perhaps.

endzorn

Reaction score
That team has a lot of rock solid defensive talent. I can see Elway trying to capture some of what we have going in order to give Manning one last shot without putting all the pressure on him to win. I think Quinn would be perfect there.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If Rex Ryan would have waited one more day...he may have had a chance to be the Broncos coach.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
They should hire Cable. Build the trenches and the running game while finding a good defensive coordinator that is even semi capable of utilizing the pieces they have in place.

evergreen

Reaction score
Super Bowl losers. Not a good fate. I guess the Pats survived though. First 49ers and now Broncos. Both teams getting blown up and look at us....

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
If the Broncos get Quinn all I can say is:

[youtube]CsbYx6hevoQ[/youtube]

hoxrox

Reaction score
Them and basically every other team looking for a new head coach

I guess they were all enamored by what they saw this year and in the SB. If you can't beat them, hire them. 8)

KatarHol

Reaction score
Do these teams think Quinn is bringing Thomas, Chancellor, Sherman, Maxwell, Wagner, Wright, Bennett, Avril and Irvin with him? The seahawks aren't running some star wars defense, they just have vastly superior talent.

Polaris

Reaction score
KatarHol":lfk9b3h0 said:
Do these teams think Quinn is bringing Thomas, Chancellor, Sherman, Maxwell, Wagner, Wright, Bennett, Avril and Irvin with him? The seahawks aren't running some star wars defense, they just have vastly superior talent.

It's common to think that hiring the DC of an elite defense will give you an elite defense as well.....even with people who ought to know better (and do know better). That said, Denver is an interesting case. I think we made a quiet believer out of John Elway in SB48 because he's spent a lot of money and draft resources overhauling Denver's defense since then and doing it along Seahawk lines. Given that fact, I definately understand Dever's interest in Quinn....and given Peyton Manning's limitations these days (assuming he doesn't hang them up which IMHO he should), I can see Elway wanting a coach that is going to be able to ask the QB (PM) to do less and still win....and again Quinn would be a solid choice for that. All JIMHO

drdiags

Reaction score
I think Quinn needs to go to a team with a much younger QB, since having Manning as your QB and giving him authority over the offense would not be a good way to start off your career as a first time coach. Someone a little less established, like Ryan wouldn't be a bad start. Quinn would have to deal with some of the vets, like R White, possibly showing him the door?

Quinn going to the Jets is a bad move in my mind, since having no QB is worse than having a superstar one. At least you can kiss the star's butt and hope he wins a bunch. Nothing you can do with Geno Smith other than hoping a miracle happens and the guy stops turning the ball over like a mad man.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
KatarHol":37joi5wc said:

This

I find it HILARIOUS that our D coordinators are being considered great candidates for HC postions even though the D is really because of Pete plus oh idk...4 players that are Top 5 if not THE best at their respective positions in Wagner, Sherman, Thomas and Kam.

I could see if he had been here for 4-5 years but he has only been here 2 years as DC when everyone is peaking

olyfan63

Reaction score
drdiags":1ivu37rs said:
I think Quinn needs to go to a team with a much younger QB, since having Manning as your QB and giving him authority over the offense would not be a good way to start off your career as a first time coach. Someone a little less established, like Ryan wouldn't be a bad start. Quinn would have to deal with some of the vets, like R White, possibly showing him the door?

Quinn going to the Jets is a bad move in my mind, since having no QB is worse than having a superstar one. At least you can kiss the star's butt and hope he wins a bunch. Nothing you can do with Geno Smith other than hoping a miracle happens and the guy stops turning the ball over like a mad man.

Peyton wants another ring more than anything.
He would adjust his game, do whatever Quinn tells him to do, on the offensive side of the ball.
In Quinn's shoes, Denver is absolutely THE place l would choose. He will have a chance to win a bunch right away, with their personnel. Hell, Peyton probably even takes a pay cut to help the team bring in more talent.

Elway remembers how he finally won his two Super Bowls, after years of frustration, and it was with Terrell Davis and a big-time running game and a good defense. Elway would already be on board with Quinn's program if he brings Quinn on board. It would be Orange Crush 2.0 for sure.

New York is a zoo, but has a few positive factors. I don't see Quinn picking NY over Denver. Denver is also the right kind of football-crazed environment any good coach would love to be in, especially with all the talent and excellent chances for success.