The risk in playing Aaron Rodgers

soje

Reaction score
I have been thinking about the possibility of a serious injury to Aaron Rodgers' leg during this game against us.

Not being a doctor, I have no idea of the risk on his calf, but if it was Russell Wilson who had a similar issue, I would have mixed feelings. Is it worth to risk a long term (or even career ending) injury to your franchise QB?

Thoughts?

Mojambo

Reaction score
To go to the Super Bowl? Yes. It's absolutely worth the risk.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
soje":236l912m said:
I have been thinking about the possibility of a serious injury to Aaron Rodgers' leg during this game against us.

Not being a doctor, I have no idea of the risk on his calf, but if it was Russell Wilson who had a similar issue, I would have mixed feelings. Is it worth to risk a long term (or even career ending) injury to your franchise QB?

Thoughts?

Watch it turn out that GB somehow by a miracle squeaks out a win against us and Rodgers gets injured further and they go on to face the Colts and the Colts win because of it and Luck is now the greatest qb on the face of the planet :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

peppersjap

Reaction score
This is a decision that comes down to the player and I have nothing but respect for Aaron Rodgers for playing, it is obvious he is hurt but hurt he is still better than most of the QB's in the league and still more mobile that someone like Peyton. I guarantee if Wilson was in the same state he would be playing. The players are adults and they make the decision as long as they are able and although Rodgers was slowed last week he was way more than capable.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Calf pulls/tears/strains are somewhat "easy" to push through if you can stand the pain and understand your limitations. So Rodgers being the competitor that he is will no doubt tough it out for a chance to go to a Super Bowl.

However, his biggest risk of injury is to his Achilles. With the weak calf not able to support its main function any longer the Achilles will try and compensate and that's when things turn serious. That would be an injury that affects his career.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
The biggest issue is with him compensating for his injury and damaging things like his right knee or Achilles.
His knee being the biggest deal as far as his future goes. The calf will heal, even in a full blow tear he will be back in 4 months.

However,
His calf is not a full blown tear, or just a small tear because he wouldn't be playing with it otherwise. It immobilizes your entire leg.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Chawks1":2a43ufc8 said:
Calf pulls/tears/strains are somewhat "easy" to push through if you can stand the pain and understand your limitations. So Rodgers being the competitor that he is will no doubt tough it out for a chance to go to a Super Bowl.

However, his biggest risk of injury is to his Achilles. With the weak calf not able to support its main function any longer the Achilles will try and compensate and that's when things turn serious. That would be an injury that affects his career.

I think it really depends on what you're doing.
Running the last 10 years, I've had my calf cramp up at mile 23 of a marathon before, no fun.
Yet I've twisted my ankle at mile 1, and continued on for the next 25.
^ no left right, I was fine. Had I had to go left right and avoid players? I'd rather have the injured calf.

So I guess it depends on what he's doing.
Dallas couldn't pressure him enough to make him run and go left right?
I think the key to our game plan will focus on pressure and not giving him time to hit his receivers?

Smellyman

Reaction score
there is no risk, other than perhaps being a statue for Bennett and Avril to plant in the turf.

Greenhell

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":ihi1qooa said:
soje":ihi1qooa said:

Thoughts?

Watch it turn out that GB somehow by a miracle squeaks out a win against us and Rodgers gets injured further and they go on to face the Colts and the Colts win because of it and Luck is now the greatest qb on the face of the planet :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

Nooooooooooo!!!!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Greenhell":wl1nmbfr said:
WilsonMVP":wl1nmbfr said:
soje":wl1nmbfr said:

Thoughts?

Nooooooooooo!!!!

Thats the worst case scenario now :(

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3igrr3xc said:
soje":3igrr3xc said:

Thoughts?

*Slaps WilsonMVP with a shoe*

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I like Aaron Rodgers, he really is a great player that I won't ever forget.

I hope that he makes it through the game win or lose and that if he does injure himself further that it is only temporary. He is obviously gimped quite badly and feels their best chance to win is with him playing. I respect what he is doing, but don't expect the pass rush to coddle him when they do get to him.

I can guarantee that Matthews will be coming at Wilson late and uncalled with intentions of evening the score.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Football is risk, it's part of the deal. If you can stand upright, you play in the playoffs.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1yxrbuv0 said:
soje":1yxrbuv0 said:

Thoughts?

WHY WOULD YOU EVER TYPE THIS?!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":d2fjv60s said:
WilsonMVP":d2fjv60s said:
soje":d2fjv60s said:

Thoughts?

*Slaps WilsonMVP with a shoe*

The funny part is the Colts would basically only have their 2 superbowl wins in the modern era by pure thievery. Cant tell me going against Rex Grossman is legit..what a scrub QB.