Ever see a Niner fan defend Russell Wilson?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Typical "the midget is a game manager who benefits from his defense and running game" post completely destroyed by another Niner fan who actually did his homework?

Originally posted by KRS-1
Originally posted by elguapo:
Hell, in a 2 minute drill I would also rather face Wilson than flacco stafford even cutler

Wilson was 2nd in the NFL in 2014 in game winning drives with 4, only Stafford and Romo had more with 5. In 2013 he was tied for first with Brady with 5 game winning drives. This is an indisputable fact.

I'm glad you would take him on Sundays but if Brady or luck had the number 1 defense AND running game I'm sure their stats would be a lot better

2004 Tom Brady (Pats had #2 D and #7 run game) :

Completion % 60.8
Completions 288
Yards 3692
TD's 28
Int's 14
Fumbles 7
QBR 92.6

2014 Russell Wilson (#1 D and #1 rushing attack)

Completion % 63.1
Completions 285
Yards 3475
TD's 20
Int's 7
Fumbles 11
QBR 95.0

Close enough to be comparable and the numbers are too. Brady is more proven as a QB but Russ's numbers stack up well if one wants to use a very comparable situation like top ranked rushing attacks and defenses.

especially since most passes of Wilson's are short passes which are higher comp %

2013 Stats (courtesy PFF, 2014 stats currently unavailable as they are only place who tracks these and makes them public and they won't release the 14' numbers until spring/summer)

Passes 1-10 yards
NFL Avg : 49.3
Russ : 47.5

Passes 5-10 yards
NFL Avg : 26.9
Russ : 25.5

Passes 11-20 yards
NFL Avg : 21.9
Russ : 19.4

Passes 21-30 yards
NFL Avg : 6.9
Russ : 9.5

Passes 20+ yards
NFL Avg : 12.7
Russ : 15.9

Passes 31-40 yards
NFL Avg : 2.7
Russ : 2.9

Passes 30+ yards
NFL Avg : 4.6
Russ : 6.1

Passes 40+ yards
NFL Avg : 1.9
Russ : 3.2

Those stats show Russ is throwing BELOW the league average for short and intermediate passes and ABOVE the average for longer or deeper passes. Again you wrong.

Also, teams are almost always in defense against the pass with luck and a lot with Brady so that factors negatively for those qbs. As far as Wilson goes, almost always it's 8 in the box which means less coverage and not only that teams are expecting run run run so most of Wilson's completions are pretty easy ones.

Again from PFF :

Russ in 2013 faced the second-highest percentage of blitzes in the league at 39.2% and faced the second-highest percentage of pressures that came in two seconds or less (14.7% of drop-backs). That does not mean easier completions that means quicker decisions. And he threw only 9 interceptions in 2013 and again if you reference his completion numbers above by percentages, he is not just making "mostly short throws".

Also any attempt to justify how good a player is or is not by using the Pro Bowl as an argument is laughable. The Pro Bowl has long since been known to be a popularity contest. Every year we hear complaining about who got snubbed and who should not have even been voted in. It holds no weight in determining how good a player is. Is Russ a top 5 QB in the NFL ? Not yet, but he could there perhaps someday but even if he does not he is more than just a game manager and is probably a top 10 QB in this league right now.

Next time try backing up claims with facts.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/1 ... /#post5412

I am shocked (and impressed) to see this transpire on the spin zone.

DrDix

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3m5vt1hy said:
Laloosh":3m5vt1hy said:
Typical "the midget is a game manager who benefits from his defense and running game" post completely destroyed by another Niner fan who actually did his homework?

Originally posted by KRS-1
Hell, in a 2 minute drill I would also rather face Wilson than flacco stafford even cutler

Wilson was 2nd in the NFL in 2014 in game winning drives with 4, only Stafford and Romo had more with 5. In 2013 he was tied for first with Brady with 5 game winning drives. This is an indisputable fact.

I'm glad you would take him on Sundays but if Brady or luck had the number 1 defense AND running game I'm sure their stats would be a lot better

2004 Tom Brady (Pats had #2 D and #7 run game) :

Completion % 60.8
Completions 288
Yards 3692
TD's 28
Int's 14
Fumbles 7
QBR 92.6

2014 Russell Wilson (#1 D and #1 rushing attack)

Completion % 63.1
Completions 285
Yards 3475
TD's 20
Int's 7
Fumbles 11
QBR 95.0

Close enough to be comparable and the numbers are too. Brady is more proven as a QB but Russ's numbers stack up well if one wants to use a very comparable situation like top ranked rushing attacks and defenses.

especially since most passes of Wilson's are short passes which are higher comp %

2013 Stats (courtesy PFF, 2014 stats currently unavailable as they are only place who tracks these and makes them public and they won't release the 14' numbers until spring/summer)

Passes 1-10 yards
NFL Avg : 49.3
Russ : 47.5

Passes 5-10 yards
NFL Avg : 26.9
Russ : 25.5

Passes 11-20 yards
NFL Avg : 21.9
Russ : 19.4

Passes 21-30 yards
NFL Avg : 6.9
Russ : 9.5

Passes 20+ yards
NFL Avg : 12.7
Russ : 15.9

Passes 31-40 yards
NFL Avg : 2.7
Russ : 2.9

Passes 30+ yards
NFL Avg : 4.6
Russ : 6.1

Passes 40+ yards
NFL Avg : 1.9
Russ : 3.2

Those stats show Russ is throwing BELOW the league average for short and intermediate passes and ABOVE the average for longer or deeper passes. Again you wrong.

Also, teams are almost always in defense against the pass with luck and a lot with Brady so that factors negatively for those qbs. As far as Wilson goes, almost always it's 8 in the box which means less coverage and not only that teams are expecting run run run so most of Wilson's completions are pretty easy ones.

Again from PFF :

Russ in 2013 faced the second-highest percentage of blitzes in the league at 39.2% and faced the second-highest percentage of pressures that came in two seconds or less (14.7% of drop-backs). That does not mean easier completions that means quicker decisions. And he threw only 9 interceptions in 2013 and again if you reference his completion numbers above by percentages, he is not just making "mostly short throws".

Also any attempt to justify how good a player is or is not by using the Pro Bowl as an argument is laughable. The Pro Bowl has long since been known to be a popularity contest. Every year we hear complaining about who got snubbed and who should not have even been voted in. It holds no weight in determining how good a player is. Is Russ a top 5 QB in the NFL ? Not yet, but he could there perhaps someday but even if he does not he is more than just a game manager and is probably a top 10 QB in this league right now.

Next time try backing up claims with facts.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/1 ... /#post5412

I am shocked (and impressed) to see this transpire on the spin zone.

Been following that thread for a while now. That elguapo guy is some pup. reminds me of Prelag and Newyawkhawk combined into one.

Yup, that person almost made me log in and rip into him.

Talk about being deceived by hate.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Yeah been watching that thread all season. Starting to notice more and more Niner fans coming around to Wilson. Still a good 4-5 guys that make me roll my eyes whenever I see there constant comments but eh, its a Niner forums so its expected.

randomation

Reaction score
phatbutskinny
I would 100% choose Wilson over Luck if I had to pick a QB. I know I am in the minority, but remove the hate for the Seahawks and you can really see what a great player he is.

still hate him though

From someone with 25k posts nice to see some admitting it.

sutz

Reaction score
As the old saying goes: You are entitled to your own opinions, but facts are facts. :)

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
I respect ANY fan if they can be as true as that guy. Just tell the truth. Give credit. And let the game decide the W.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Somebody PM him on that forum and extend him an invite to register here; that's the kind of enemy poster we want. Logical/intelligent/not super-biased.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
This elguapo guy at the douchezone is a butt hurt poster who has no idea about anything.

I've read his comments and he clearly ha no idea.

kearly

Reaction score
Anthony! wants to be KRS-1 when he grows up.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
There are certain players on rival teams that you just can't help but respect. No one here is going to diminish the likes of Navarro Bowman, Larry Fitzgerald (in his prime), Robert Quinn, or Frank Gore (back in his heyday when he was habitually demolishing Seattle). My sense is that most of San Francisco can't help but acknowledge that Marshawn Lynch is a beast. Russell Wilson may finally be crossing into that territory. They have now seen enough of him and enough of their own QB to know the truth of Wilson's talent.

shawnsim

Reaction score
Wilson perspective on the webzone?

Crazy talk.

Its like watching Maury Povich to understand black people.

This guy gets it right though. Good on him.

irocdave

Reaction score
I think a lot of the bandwagon idiots left that site after the last niner game. I've checked that site at several times over the last 3 weeks and the reality of staring down irrelevant again has taken over. .actual knowledgeable NFL fans talking all things football. Never thought I would see a high percentage of intelligent posts on that site.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Smellyman":vxm1qrw8 said:
I just registered there (an admin has to manually approve, though; bah) so I could correct the OP about this WRONG little "factoid":
SnobbyIgnorantPackersFan":vxm1qrw8 said:
We all know that Aaron holds the all-time highest playoff QB rating, so how is he staking up in '14???
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/l ... ayoffs.htm

Oh, we all know that, do we? Ahem, Mr. Packers Fan, but last I checked a career postseason 109.6 passer rating owns the hell out of 105.3. Yeah, Rodgers has played 10 postseason games and Wilson has played six, but still.

Smellyman

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2e99oz1k said:
Smellyman":2e99oz1k said:
I just registered there (an admin has to manually approve, though; bah) so I could correct the OP about this WRONG little "factoid":
SnobbyIgnorantPackersFan":2e99oz1k said:
We all know that Aaron holds the all-time highest playoff QB rating, so how is he staking up in '14???
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/l ... ayoffs.htm

Oh, we all know that, do we? Ahem, Mr. Packers Fan, but last I checked a career postseason 109.6 passer rating owns the hell out of 105.3. Yeah, Rodgers has played 10 postseason games and Wilson has played six, but still.

Geez. I somehow glanced over the first sentence.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I kinda like other teams and fanbases naively underestimating Russell, all this logic and reason is unsettling to me.