I know it's early but....

marko358

Reaction score
The forecast shows an 80% chance of rain throughout the day on Sunday. Things can change by then but who do you think this favors? I would think a wet, sloppy field would slow down a high-powered offense.

The Grouch

Reaction score
Don't know that you could ever call the Clink sloppy.
It will be wet.
Wet conditions favor a strong D and ball control.
uh...
The home team has the upper hand.
That is all.

OP
OP
marko358

marko358

Reaction score
Yeah I like the way our D hits so violently. I can see a forced fumble or two from the likes of Kam, Earl or Byron.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
marko358":thsvyzpx said:
The forecast shows an 80% chance of rain throughout the day on Sunday. Things can change by then but who do you think this favors? I would think a wet, sloppy field would slow down a high-powered offense.
I think our defense slows down a high powered offense regardless of weather conditions

Erebus

Reaction score
Could be like the Saints playoff game last year. We shut down Brees for three quarters, but Wilson also had an off day. But, we won, and that's all that matters. That Saints team is a lot like this Packers team.

sutz

Reaction score
Unless it's really windy (which I haven't seen in the forecast) I don't think it matters much. If weather influences anything, it'll favor the Hawks, though. Kind of like the SB last season, I think weather will have no influence. It'll be the Seahawks slowing down Rodgers and the Pack.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Erebus":1gcxx69b said:
Could be like the Saints playoff game last year. We shut down Brees for three quarters, but Wilson also had an off day. But, we won, and that's all that matters. That Saints team is a lot like this Packers team.

I almost froze to death that day....and I came from snow and below zero temps! Had to buy a very expensive hoody at the pro shop to keep me going!

Wartooth

Reaction score
Packers never play well on artificial grass even when it is dry!
If it's raining they will fold like a cheap lawn chair!
Don't be surprised if they are down by two scores in the 3rd qtr that they pull Erin...
Imagine having a painful calf and playing on a slippery field.
I hope he remembers to limp the whole way...
He forgot a few times in the Dallas game!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Which offense is the high powered one, GB or SEA?

GB only averages 10 more yards a game than Seattle does and played an easier schedule.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Just love the way the MS Surface commercial featuring the NFL's best QB made the rain appear to pour so hard it's like they cranked a hundred rain machines all the way up.... to twelve. Yeah, Seattle is this sopping wet concrete Amazon jungle, USA.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Try running around on wet surface with a strained calf.. not good

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Ruminator":1txz4yzd said:
Just love the way the MS Surface commercial featuring the NFL's best QB made the rain appear to pour so hard it's like they cranked a hundred rain machines all the way up.... to twelve. Yeah, Seattle is this sopping wet concrete Amazon jungle, USA.
I loved the way it says "rainproof case not available for purchase" at the bottom in tiny letters. Thanks for showing me something really cool that I cannot buy, Microsoft!

Back on topic: I don't see the moisture as benefitting either team. Seahawks still win.

ptisme

Reaction score
marko358":y7c1yc9s said:
Or a really fast defense....

ptisme

Reaction score
Wartooth":321937h0 said:
Don't be surprised if they are down by two scores in the 3rd qtr that they pull Erin...
Stupid post. The big wrap on Ted Thompson was he built a team suited better for artificial turf than Lambeau in January. Fans have been carping about that since the Giants beat us in the playoffs up in Lambeau... Need I remind you that the Packers destroyed top seeded Atlanta in a dome and then went on to win SB 45 in a dome....

IF the Packers lose it's because Seattle has more talent on defense..... End of story....

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
ptisme":hs78ed67 said:
Wartooth":hs78ed67 said:
Stupid post. The big wrap on Ted Thompson was he built a team suited better for artificial turf than Lambeau in January. Fans have been carping about that since the Giants beat us in the playoffs up in Lambeau... Need I remind you that the Packers destroyed top seeded Atlanta in a dome and then went on to win SB 45 in a dome....

IF the Packers lose it's because Seattle has more talent on defense..... End of story....
You're citing two games that happened 4 years ago and calling another person's post "stupid"???

Try again with a larger and more recent sample size. "Fans carping" isn't very scientific.

How about 6-11 over the past 3 seasons on field turf? That's a winning percentage of 35%.
(Courtesy of 12thManHawkFan in this thread.)

If Teddy "built a team suited better for artificial turf," he sucks ass at his job.

E.Lacy27

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":v79rhrr4 said:
ptisme":v79rhrr4 said:
Wartooth":v79rhrr4 said:

You're citing two games that happened 4 years ago and calling another person's post "stupid"???

Try again with a larger and more recent sample size. "Fans carping" isn't very scientific.

How about 6-11 over the past 3 seasons on field turf? That's a winning percentage of 35%.

If Teddy "built a team suited better for artificial turf," he sucks ass at his job.

Except that 6-11 on field turf is an incorrect stat by 12thManHawkFan as he does not separate between artificial turf and field turf.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
E.Lacy27":2i1o8fvd said:
HawkAroundTheClock":2i1o8fvd said:
ptisme":2i1o8fvd said:
Wartooth":2i1o8fvd said:

Except that 6-11 on field turf is an incorrect stat by 12thManHawkFan as he does not separate between artificial turf and field turf.
Please enlighten us.

Largent80

Reaction score
ptisme":98p4n8km said:
the Packers destroyed top seeded Atlanta in a dome and then went on to win SB 45 in a dome....

First of all Century Link Field is NOT A DOME, however, many opponents have called it a dome of pain.

And everyone knows (even you) that Seattle has a better defense.

E.Lacy27

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":23g5yntt said:
HawkAroundTheClock":23g5yntt said:
ptisme":23g5yntt said:
Wartooth":23g5yntt said:

Please enlighten us.

Field turf is what the Seahawks play on. I pretty much feels like grass. Artificial turf is pretty much hard plastic on top of some rubber and then concrete like what was in the Metrodome. It's amazing to me that football is actually played on it.

There is a big difference between the two surfaces and they a lumped together as both "artificial turf" in the 6-11 record compiled above.

kjreid

Reaction score
I don't think it favors either, what it does do is favor the run game, who stops Lacy or ML will win the game and our D is better :)