Lynch's Run Against Panthers

nolachawks

Reaction score
The long run he had, the refs said he stepped out of bounds so it was a 25yd run and they only showed a quick replay of it on TV but it looked like he was close but didn't step out and it would have gave us about 15 yards more. I just watched again and can't see where he stepped out. When it happened I didn't understand why they didn't challenge it. Anyone who has seen a better angle have any thoughts if he did step out. And before anyone else says it...I know we won the game, I know we have bigger things to talk about, I know we ended up scoring on that drive anyway (I cant remember if it was a FG or TD thought). But it has been bugging me since I saw it. Thanks 12's. GO HAWKS!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It was very close, but none of the replays showed any green between his foot and the sideline. So IMO not enough evidence to overturn........especially since he was called out first.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but if the play is whistled dead, it's impossible to review afterwards. Players stop tackling when they hear the whistle.

What the ref should do is let any play continue, even if it's very close to the line because it can always be reviewed after the fact and mark the ball back to where the player stepped out.

Hawkintent

Reaction score
My favorite Lynch play was his blocking of a DE on Wilson's run. You an see how muh he loves football with that.