Aaron Rodgers "not scared" to throw Sherman's Way!

sutz

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1lcv35p1 said:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12162283/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-not-scared-throwing-richard-sherman-direction

Just like in week 1?? I am sure he will throw that way and I am sure Sherman will be up to the task. More worried about our other corner....
If Maxwell is really back, that eases a lot of the concern.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Of course he not afraid, ... why would he be? He's only performing at 1/2 the level of last year.

tee-heee-heee-heee

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
I don't think he was scared in week 1, I am just that was part of the coaches game plan. Dude is elite of the elite of QBs, cant see him scared of anyone in the NFL.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Cam wasn't afraid to throw his way last week was he?

tee-hee-hee

byau

Reaction score
Scared is not the right word because of the connotation. How about "smart"?

He probably didn't avoid Sherman. He probably just did not see the opportunities there. Like he says in the article, stats and numbers don't lie.

Other teams can talk about Rodgers avoiding Sherman all they want, they aren't the ones still left in a fight to be the NFC team in the SB.

Rodgers is a smart and talented QB. At 100%, heck even at 85%, this guy is dangerous because he's smart and accurate.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
He shouldn't be scared to throw in Chancellor's way either. :stirthepot:

AgentDib

Reaction score
So I came across this article on ESPN with the headline "Rodgers: Ton of respect for Sherman" and his following quote below.

Rodgers":2qf0gqzw said:
"You have to be aware of him," Rodgers said Tuesday on his ESPN Milwaukee radio show. "Not scared of him, but you have a ton of respect for him.

"Look at the numbers, they don't lie. Not a lot of guys catch passes on his side, and for the amount of times he's targeted, his interception totals are very impressive. You just have to play your game, but if he's locking his guy down, he's probably not going to get a lot of passes thrown his way."

Why am I not surprised to see the spin in this thread on it? Getting a ton of praise is still unfamiliar territory for many but maybe we need to start getting used to it a little bit.

Largent80

Reaction score
tom sawyer":3ap594yv said:
Cam wasn't afraid to throw his way last week was he?

tee-hee-hee

Because throwing the short game vs. a CB that just dislocated his shoulder in his previous game was the only thing they had. That allowed them to run a bit. We won't be running that D vs GB. Look for Simon to play better and have help.

marko358

Reaction score
AgentDib":gghhsywb said:
So I came across this article on ESPN with the headline "Rodgers: Ton of respect for Sherman" and his following quote below.

Rodgers":gghhsywb said:
"You have to be aware of him," Rodgers said Tuesday on his ESPN Milwaukee radio show. "Not scared of him, but you have a ton of respect for him.

"Look at the numbers, they don't lie. Not a lot of guys catch passes on his side, and for the amount of times he's targeted, his interception totals are very impressive. You just have to play your game, but if he's locking his guy down, he's probably not going to get a lot of passes thrown his way."

Why am I not surprised to see the spin in this thread on it? Getting a ton of praise is still unfamiliar territory for many but maybe we need to start getting used to it a little bit.

You mean the same article mentioned in the first post of this thread? :D

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":3vce4jgv said:
I don't think he was scared in week 1, I am just that was part of the coaches game plan. Dude is elite of the elite of QBs, cant see him scared of anyone in the NFL.
That's what Mcarthy said. He said it was more about having their best receiver on Maxwell's side. It's a no brainer which way you go with single coverage. Completely ridiculous to assume an MVP caliber QB, who is super accurate and very smart with the ball, would be 'afraid' to throw at Sherman.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
iigakusei":19wnhqrl said:
MontanaHawk05":19wnhqrl said:

Just a random question - have Jerry Jones and Yoda ever been seen in the same room together?

Are you implying they are one in the same? That's ridiculous. Jerry Jones is a puppet, Yoda is a real guy.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":rzp7yqzl said:
Bigbadhawk":rzp7yqzl said:
That's what Mcarthy said. He said it was more about having their best receiver on Maxwell's side. It's a no brainer which way you go with single coverage. Completely ridiculous to assume an MVP caliber QB, who is super accurate and very smart with the ball, would be 'afraid' to throw at Sherman.
I hope so. GOD I hope so.
GO HAWKS!

rain7

Reaction score
Clearly ESPN cherry picking a headline. Rodgers comments are clear - he has a ton of respect for Sherm. As others mentioned, he basically says not throwing his way is the smart choice, he's not afraid - he's making smart decisions.

ptisme

Reaction score
byau":39wa17zn said:
Scared is not the right word because of the connotation. How about "smart"?

He probably didn't avoid Sherman. He probably just did not see the opportunities there. Like he says in the article, stats and numbers don't lie.

Other teams can talk about Rodgers avoiding Sherman all they want, they aren't the ones still left in a fight to be the NFC team in the SB.

Rodgers is a smart and talented QB. At 100%, heck even at 85%, this guy is dangerous because he's smart and accurate.
To add to your point, there is a reason Rodgers throws very few picks... Tossing a football to a guy draped by Richard Sherman is just not smart football...