Love how Packers fans declare...

sutz

Reaction score
that 'they're not the same team' we beat in September.

News flash: Neither are the Seahawks. We're better than we were then. ;)

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I believe that Panthers said something along the same lines.

To be fair the Packers are different from Week 1, their QB has one less leg.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
sutz":1nlyzyjb said:

We realize that. I do think we've improved more than you guys this season from the beginning. At the beginning our run D was last, and we weren't running the ball well or protecting the qb. Don't get me wrong. I realize that the Hawks have improved, and I believe they will win, but our improvement was massive. We were 1-2, and scored 7 points against the Lions, and the only thing that kept us from 0-3 was a 18 point comeback vs. the Jets at home.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":22h7e41r said:
sutz":22h7e41r said:

We realize that. I do think we've improved more than you guys this season from the beginning. At the beginning our run D was last, and we weren't running the ball well or protecting the qb. Don't get me wrong. I realize that the Hawks have improved, and I believe they will win, but our improvement was massive. We were 1-2, and scored 7 points against the Lions, and the only thing that kept us from 0-3 was a 18 point comeback vs. the Jets at home.

its all hyperbole.

its the NFC championship. in now way will what happened in Week 1 matter outside of coaches reviewing game tape

volsunghawk

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":3u474k2e said:
sutz":3u474k2e said:

Yeah, and at one point, we were 3-3 coming off a loss to the Rams with our entire offense in disarray and our defense missing lots of pieces.

I don't think the Packers are the same team as in Week 1. In fact, I don't think any NFL team ever is the same at the end of the season as they were at the beginning. By this point, teams have either succumbed to attrition, injury, and chaos, or they've found what works best for them and are using it. Both of our teams are in that second category.

With that said, I do have to chuckle a bit at Packers fans who point back to that Week 1 game and say, "You don't have Harvin now, and he was the biggest offensive weapon in that game!"

PackerNation

Reaction score
sutz":2uw2qkqw said:

You will be without Percy Harvin this time around and a gimpy Maxwell. Will Unger be playing? Not sure Harvin matters all that much as the Seattle offense will be as good as Lynch and Wilson. But Harvin torched us last time and he is no longer on the team.

We are going to have a QB that can't run and that could be huge. We also had a defense in week 1 that had a few issues and have (hopefully) been rectified. Namely, Guion is healthy now ( he missed the offseason and training camp with hamstring injury) and Brad Jones is no longer starting at ILB. Nor is AJ Hawk. Our OL will no longer have D. Sherrod in at RT and we have a legit 3rd WR now. We didn't have one earlier in the year when we met.

I think the real X factor will be if Green Bay can stop Wilson from racking up huge yards with his feet. Can they stop Wilson when it's 3rd and 5? Wilson is the most dangerous weapon you have. I would keep him on the roster before anyone else. Anyone, including anyone on your defense.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
PackerNation":1p5kp34u said:
sutz":1p5kp34u said:

You will be without Percy Harvin this time around and a gimpy Maxwell. Will Unger be playing? Not sure Harvin matters all that much as the Seattle offense will be as good as Lynch and Wilson. But Harvin torched us last time and he is no longer on the team.

We are going to have a QB that can't run and that could be huge. We also had a defense in week 1 that had a few issues and have (hopefully) been rectified. Namely, Guion is healthy now ( he missed the offseason and training camp with hamstring injury) and Brad Jones is no longer starting at ILB. Nor is AJ Hawk. Our OL will no longer have D. Sherrod in at RT and we have a legit 3rd WR now. We didn't have one earlier in the year when we met.

I think the real X factor will be if Green Bay can stop Wilson from racking up huge yards with his feet. Can they stop Wilson when it's 3rd and 5? Wilson is the most dangerous weapon you have. I would keep him on the roster before anyone else. Anyone, including anyone on your defense.

Maxwell is fine--it was respiratory, not anything to make him "gimpy". There's one less thing to pin your faint hopes on.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
It's the same bravado every fan spews.

"were no the same team"
"They haven't seen an offense like ours"
They couldn't stop Carolina... blah blah blah is going to kill them"
We can run on them.
Were going to contain that midget...

blah blah blah..

Laloosh

Reaction score
volsunghawk":b2owfruw said:
With that said, I do have to chuckle a bit at Packers fans who point back to that Week 1 game and say, "You don't have Harvin now, and he was the biggest offensive weapon in that game!"

PackerNation":b2owfruw said:

The irony of this being the very next post behind volsung is glorious.

PackerNation

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":28omdowt said:
Gimpy Maxwell? He had an illness last week, not injury. He's good to go. Unger is good to go.

Your main problem will be on Defense. Dom Capers is the single most overrated coordinator this side of Rob Ryan. He's a goddamn thief - he's literally stealing every time he cashes his paycheck. The Packers have no shot at winning this game on Sunday, not because of their offense - which is very good, with an MVP QB and several excellent weapons - but solely because your defense sucks dog balls and your DC is one of the worst in the entire league. Your offense might give you a shot, but your defense immediately removes any hope you have of the Packers going to the superbowl.

Can you keep your trash comments in the Smack forum, they do not belong here. Try and show some class for once and learn to have a rational discussion.

Trenchbroom":28omdowt said:
Maxwell is fine--it was respiratory, not anything to make him "gimpy".

The word on cornerback Byron Maxwell is less positive. Maxwell had trouble breathing during the game, forcing the Seahawks to turn to Tharold Simon, and Carroll said it’s too early to say if he’ll be well enough to play against the Packers.

“He was real sick,” Carroll said. “He’s had a history of some chest stuff. He’s had pneumonia before and all that. So he was uncomfortable and he couldn’t catch his breath in normal fashion. He could play a play, but he didn’t know if he could play a sequence. Hopefully, we’ll get him back next week.”

Sounds a bit like he may or may not go. Game time decision or is he fully healthy to play? The wet conditions will not do him any favors.

Also, I thought Unger left the Carolina game when he reinjured his ankle. High ankle sprain?

Either way, these guys are less important than a lot of your core "super stars". Missing Lynch or Wilson would be huge.

ManBunts

Reaction score
PackerNation":1xdni7c9 said:
sutz":1xdni7c9 said:

As mentioned, Maxwell will be in, and Unger has already been confirmed to play. Really the only person we're missing (other than the obvious in Mebane, Hill and Miller) is Richardson. I'm actually a bit worried about our WR's matching up. I think GB has some of the most underrated secondary players in the league.

Frankly I'm pumped to see how our defense stacks up against your O-line. Those guys are human walls. And they'll need to be with Rodgers gimpy. Bennett, Avril and Irvin may be the fastest pass rush trio in the league.

No matter how you cut it, should be a good game.

PackerNation

Reaction score
ManBunts":180zecms said:
As mentioned, Maxwell will be in, and Unger has already been confirmed to play. Really the only person we're missing (other than the obvious in Mebane, Hill and Miller) is Richardson. I'm actually a bit worried about our WR's matching up. I think GB has some of the most underrated secondary players in the league.

Frankly I'm pumped to see how our defense stacks up against your O-line. Those guys are human walls. And they'll need to be with Rodgers gimpy. Bennett, Avril and Irvin may be the fastest pass rush trio in the league.

No matter how you cut it, should be a good game.

OK, thanks for the update. I agree with you about your DL. I suspect they will be able to apply pressure with just the front 4 and drop the rest into coverage. That is deadly for passing teams. Even good passing teams.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
From an X's and O's standpoint GB isn't the same team.

In the first week they were experimenting with a 4-3 defense, but didn't have the personnel to run it, so now they're back to their regular 3-4 with Matthews in the middle.

Also a couple of their young WR's have stepped up.

But other than this, it's the same team we ran over in the first game. So Packers fans can claim all they want it's a different team, but the result should be the same.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
sutz":3b3md4qp said:

after re-watching the game last night, they are not as good as that IMO....we have some challenges also but on balance, i think we are better on the whole. it pains me to say this but harvin made some great contributions.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
PackerNation":2v29awzf said:
The Panthers stopped Wilson from running wild and they stopped Marshawn, as well.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
People should be VERY thankful....

It could have very easily been Cowboys fans crawling all over the site.

The difference?

A lot of people talking about how they "destroyed" the Seahawks in Seattle (even though they won by a single TD, and were behind but for a crazy 3rd and 20 desperation throw....)

Packer fans have a lot to be proud of, and frankly are nowhere near as ridiculous as some of the Cowboy fans would have been.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
No you're not!

Yes I am!

No you're not!

Yes I am!

No you're not!

Yes I am!

No you're not!

Yes I am!

No you're not!

Yes I am!

No you're not!

Yes I am!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":wo0kwt3l said:
sutz":wo0kwt3l said:

after re-watching the game last night, they are not as good as that IMO....we have some challenges also but on balance, i think we are better on the whole. it pains me to say this but harvin made some great contributions.

I agree that harvin did some great things. one was being offensive...and that is when he became a jet. Glad that he did some good things for us, but that other part, not so much. And that is when we started becoming a team again. All Hawks, not separate but equal hawks. Go Hawks. Meow.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Update on the news flash to Packer fans: We got better after we dumped....er....traded Percy Harvin away. ;)

...and late edit: When Percy was here, we weren't playing Seahawks football. We have re-claimed our identity since, and have re-established our dominance. :)