Looks like we'll have Bevell next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Everyone is talking about Quinn, but with the Raiders very close to hiring Jack Del Rio it looks like the Seahawks will keep Bevell as their OC for next year. The Raiders were the only team that interviewed him for a HC opening this year.

I think a lot of us assumed Bevell would get more looks than just with the Raiders, a lot of teams with young QBs were said to be interested in him because of the work he did to develop Russell. But now it looks like he'll be staying.

What are your thoughts? I know a lot of people can't stand Bevell and "fire Bevell" threads are almost a weekly occurrence. But personally, I think Bevell is underrated. Yeah he makes some bonehead decisions sometimes, but I think anyone we got would do the same. Bevell has come up with some great gameplans over the years and he has built the offense around our player's strengths, allowing Wilson to develop into the player he is. Another year of continuity for the Offense will be a good thing, especially for Wilson.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If we can get Richardson back in good shape, see Willson's continued development as a TE receiving threat, and maybe draft a red zone receiving threat, then combine those two with the quick passing game in the middle, I think you'll see another top 5 (by DVOA) offense again next year, as well as fewer complaints.

Cartire

Reaction score
About to be 2 superbowls in a row.

If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I don't love Bevell, too cute sometimes with how a drive will stall after a bunch of awesome power runs turn into red zone play action shots that fail, but he has shown the ability to change his stride mid season. I think we could improve the play caller position, but we could also be a lot, lot worse.

Besides, the guy I want to take his place, Scott Frost, can season for a year or two at Oregon first.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Cartire":173fvmbc said:

On the way to 3 in a row.

I feel the same way. Whatever we have now is working pretty well, I'm not in a big rush to mix things up for the sake of mixing things up.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":24219eum said:
If we can get Richardson back in good shape, see Willson's continued development as a TE receiving threat, and maybe draft a red zone receiving threat, then combine those two with the quick passing game in the middle, I think you'll see another top 5 (by DVOA) offense again next year, as well as fewer complaints.
Stop going against Pete Carroll's "always compete" mantra. We should upgrade where we can at all positions on the staff and field.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3nyqc0h9 said:
Sarlacc83":3nyqc0h9 said:
Stop going against Pete Carroll's "always compete" mantra. We should upgrade where we can at all positions on the staff and field.

A wonderful mantra. We should definitely look to upgrade our #4 offensive DVOA, and I think I've shown one way to do it. Perhaps you can provide some examples now?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3mi6totz said:
Besides, the guy I want to take his place, Scott Frost, can season for a year or two at Oregon first.

That would be interesting and awesome. I think he has one more year at Oregon and then he'll get a head coaching job in college somewhere though. His name has already come up for jobs both last offseason and this one.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":35sp19jp said:
A wonderful mantra. We should definitely look to upgrade our #4 offensive DVOA, and I think I've shown one way to do it. Perhaps you can provide some examples now?

Pulling a Pehawk and pretending things said in the past ad nauseum were never said may work on plenty of people, but not me.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":91bavcsg said:
Sarlacc83":91bavcsg said:

Pulling a Pehawk and pretending things said in the past ad nauseum were never said may work on plenty of people, but not me.

Except you've never actually given me any examples of better coordinators you would like to have nor made any real contributions to these types of threads other than "Fire Bevell and get someone better". It's tiresome and disingenuous - a tactic to avoid actually making a prediction (which could turn out to be wrong).

Scottemojo

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1ygup78j said:
Scottemojo":1ygup78j said:

That would be interesting and awesome. I think he has one more year at Oregon and then he'll get a head coaching job in college somewhere though. His name has already come up for jobs both last offseason and this one.
I truly think Frost has no offensive agenda despite the system he runs at Oregon, and am convinced his experience both with the power option at Nebraska, but playing NFL defense gives him a unique perspective on both using talent and exploiting defenses.

He is my crush for the Hawks to get someday.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3wik77ky said:
JSeahawks":3wik77ky said:
Scottemojo":3wik77ky said:

I truly think Frost has no offensive agenda despite the system he runs at Oregon, and am convinced his experience both with the power option at Nebraska, but playing NFL defense gives him a unique perspective on both using talent and exploiting defenses.

I think he'd be great as well. Would bring a lot if diversity to the offense and would be good in combination with Russell Wilson. He's one if the best ive seen as far as layering his play calls and setting things up throughout the game. I think if he wanted to be in the nfl though that chip Kelly would have brought him with him in some capacity (they were pretty tight. Went to Spain to run with the bulls together and frost was being groomed as Kelly's protege). I think his heart is in college ball.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1uvr9etk said:
Scottemojo":1uvr9etk said:
JSeahawks":1uvr9etk said:
Scottemojo":1uvr9etk said:

I think he'd be great as well. Would bring a lot if diversity to the offense and would be good in combination with Russell Wilson. He's one if the best ive seen as far as layering his play calls and setting things up throughout the game. I think if he wanted to be in the nfl though that chip Kelly would have brought him with him in some capacity (they were pretty tight. Went to Spain to run with the bulls together and frost was being groomed as Kelly's protege). I think his heart is in college ball.
Maybe another couple of bad beats in championship games will change his mind.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Cartire":3nr9f6ys said:

Pretty much. He may get cute sometimes but Wilson is used to him and whoever Wilson can work with we keep.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Sometimes the whole is much greater than the sum of its parts. That's a big reason why RW detractors and Bevell haters feel they have a legitimate case; on their own, those guys have flaws and they could do certain things better. Luckily, football is a team sport and the complete package of this Seahawks team does the only thing that matters: it wins games.

There's always room for improvement, but it doesn't necessitate new staff to do it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":37hcsmgc said:
RolandDeschain":37hcsmgc said:
Sarlacc83":37hcsmgc said:

Except you've never actually given me any examples of better coordinators you would like to have nor made any real contributions to these types of threads other than "Fire Bevell and get someone better". It's tiresome and disingenuous - a tactic to avoid actually making a prediction (which could turn out to be wrong).
I've said multiple times that I wish Paul Allen would fly to New England and give Josh McDaniels a briefcase full of cash to be our OC. I backed Pehawk when he brought up I think it was Pep Hamilton, though I think that was in live chat like a year-and-a-half or more ago.

You were just flat-out ignoring historical facts. I'll do what I used to do to Pehawk when he'd pull the same crap on me; I'll link direct replies by me on the forum that prove you wrong, and you'll just randomly forget about it so you can pull this same garbage in the future.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=82170&p=1160482&hilit=mcdaniels#p1160482
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85591&p=1211326&hilit=mcdaniels#p1211326
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=98704&p=1444571&hilit=mcdaniels#p1444571
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=98704&p=1444641&hilit=bates&sid=52c784e07ceb6b67085c87ed1f5d7130#p1444641
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=82170&p=1159837&hilit=bates&sid=52c784e07ceb6b67085c87ed1f5d7130#p1159837
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74981&p=1059036&hilit=bates&sid=52c784e07ceb6b67085c87ed1f5d7130#p1059036

It's unfortunate for me that you weren't in the chat room during games for the 2012/2013 seasons. There was a LOT of Bevell discussion there. I'm going to bust out a Loafoftatupu now and tell you to go home and get your shinebox.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
So....you want a guy with a HoF QB and one of the best coaches in the history of the game. Real outside the box thinking there. Sure, he'd be good here, but he's not going to OC for Carroll, so it's wishful thinking.

And the guy who got fired for not running the ball enough and causing in-fighting? Good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.