On M&M Adam Schefter Reports A-Rod's:

stang233

Reaction score
Arods calf is definitely worse this week then it was before the Dallas game. Good News for the Hawks. He probably will not be running the zone read!

ptisme

Reaction score
stang233":1z0vjmtf said:
Arods calf is definitely worse this week then it was before the Dallas game. GOOD NEWS!
Oh good for you... Jump for joy.... Why wouldn't you want him healthy so their's no excuses?

12thbrah

Reaction score
Good I hope A-rod gets knocked out in the first quarter. I'll take any advantage that helps the Hawks get to Glendale. Let the haters create their own excuses.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I certainly don't wish for injury. But it would make for an easier battle for Seattle if he's out, which there's a 1 in a billion chance he'll be out for the game.

Mtgriz2244

Reaction score
No, I would not wish an injury on anyone no matter what. Personally I would like to see him fully healthy so when we win this next game there can be no doubt on who the better team was.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Rodgers doesn't need two legs to beat you. While ultimately all I care about is beating the Packers, I don't think this will make a significant difference. Once he warmed up in the Cowboys game, Rodgers was nails, and I wouldn't be surprised if that happened again.

ptisme

Reaction score
Mtgriz2244":1gxwskgd said:
No, I would not wish an injury on anyone no matter what. Personally I would like to see him fully healthy so when we win this next game there can be no doubt on who the better team was.
THIS. If Russell Wilson got hurt and the Packers won, that's all you'd hear from Seattle is this SB had an asterisk next to it...

volsunghawk

Reaction score
ptisme":3cvqigak said:
stang233":3cvqigak said:
Arods calf is definitely worse this week then it was before the Dallas game. GOOD NEWS!
Oh good for you... Jump for joy.... Why wouldn't you want him healthy so their's no excuses?

If any development increases the Seahawks chances to make it to the SB, I'll certainly be appreciative of it. That said, I certainly won't celebrate Rodgers being injured. But that's just because I don't like anyone being hurt. I don't care about the "no excuses" thing. If the Seahawks prevail over a gimpy Rodgers and go on to win the SB, the Lombardi counts just as much and the record books won't contain any footnote that says, "In the Seahawks SB XLIX run, they were fortunate that Aaron Rodgers was hobbled in the NFC Championship Game, so just keep that in mind."

Hawknballs

Reaction score
ptisme":37agskc1 said:
stang233":37agskc1 said:

The packers weren't winning either way so "excuses" don't really factor in here.

themunn

Reaction score
ptisme":2nrgeqb0 said:
stang233":2nrgeqb0 said:

If GB's bus was late and we had to play 53 scrubs en route to victory I'd still be jumping for joy.
Only one thing matters. Winning. Nobody cares how you got there.

Laloosh

Reaction score
ptisme":35qlize0 said:
Mtgriz2244":35qlize0 said:
THIS. If Russel Wilson got hurt and the Packers won, that's all you'd hear from Seattle is this SB had an asterisk next to it...

Someone's got a case of the Thursdays... Lighten up, man. It's the internet.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2sz14pv3 said:
ptisme":2sz14pv3 said:
stang233":2sz14pv3 said:

The packers weren't winning either way so "excuses" don't really factor in here.

There you go, that's really what it boils down to. Hawks would beat the Pack by about 3 to 12 pts with a healthy Rodgers, and by 13+ with him seriously gimpy. (And yes, I guess that's my prediction for this Sunday, a win by 13+ points.)

PackerNation

Reaction score
jkitsune":1y8ws9pe said:
Rodgers doesn't need two legs to beat you. While ultimately all I care about is beating the Packers, I don't think this will make a significant difference. Once he warmed up in the Cowboys game, Rodgers was nails, and I wouldn't be surprised if that happened again.

Well, it would certainly help, though! Seattle is not going to give us 2-3 quarters to warm up and get in the game. He'll have to come out playing well and play well for a full 4 quarters.

Still, I get that you want every advantage you possibly can. If Wilson had a torn calf and couldn't run, I wouldn't be upset about it. I would just hope he made a full recovery for next season.

Boycie

Reaction score
ptisme":3kgf1rso said:
stang233":3kgf1rso said:

Bro we don't need any excuses. We destroyed the Packers back in week 1, and before you say that they are not the same team, or something along those lines, neither are the Hawks! I wish he was healthy so you Packer fans won't whine for the next year about how you would have won if Rodgers was healthy.

byau

Reaction score
ptisme":14ib1iay said:
Mtgriz2244":14ib1iay said:
THIS. If Russel Wilson got hurt and the Packers won, that's all you'd hear from Seattle is this SB had an asterisk next to it...

Right.

There are the types of fans who want the path of least resistance, and the types of fans who want to beat the best with no asterik next to the victory.

I am sure that is true for all fanbases, not just Seattle. If the situation were reversed I bet you'd see the same type of post on the Packer forums.

That being said, I think it sucks whenever anyone is injured, and even Rodgers at 70% is a threat. If you go down the list of QBs of who would be dangerous in a 2 minute drill, Rodgers at 70% to me is still pretty high at the top.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
ptisme":19rhno99 said:
Mtgriz2244":19rhno99 said:
No asterisk, but fans would be in denial. Injuries happen unfortunately. I wish all players were healthy.

12thbrah

Reaction score
If Russell got hurt Seahawks can still win behind their D and running game. if Rodgers gets hurt its game over for the Pack

Phteven

Reaction score
PackerNation":68eoyvki said:
Well, it would certainly help, though! Seattle is not going to give us 2-3 quarters to warm up and get in the game. He'll have to come out playing well and play well for a full 4 quarters.

Still, I get that you want every advantage you possibly can. If Wilson had a torn calf and couldn't run, I wouldn't be upset about it. I would just hope he made a full recovery for next season.
That's pretty much how I feel about it. I wouldn't wish him injured. But he's injured and it will probably factor into the game.

As it stands, the stage is already set. Rodgers comes in and loses, and you GB fans will say, "Yeah, but... Rodgers was injured." Then the rhetoric moves on to how the hawks fans are mean and the noise in the stadium is too loud. There will undoubtedly be a call by the refs that was borderline we'll hear about all off season.

And if you guys manage to win, the story will be about how Aaron came to Seattle and singlehandedly shut down the number 1 defense in the league.

Really, rhetoric-wise, there's no winning for the Seahawks. But ultimately, who cares about that as long as the Seahawks win the game and get their ticket to Pheonix.