RW 9-0 vs SB winning QB's

vonstout

Reaction score
That is an amazing stat. Includes a 2-0 record against Rodgers.

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
I kept screaming this in my car a couple days ago when someone on ESPN was listing the weak QB's that Russell beat the last 6 weeks. How can these idiots keep a job?

taco40

Reaction score
ZornwasaleftY":3r816fq7 said:
I kept screaming this in my car a couple days ago when someone on ESPN was listing the weak QB's that Russell beat the last 6 weeks. How can these idiots keep a job?

Who cares about RW on the east coast?
That's how they keep their jobs.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
But but.. Lynch and the defense carried him!!

- Every comment section that runs this stat

Maulbert

Reaction score
Did you see the stat where Russell is 29th in Air Yard Percentage this season? There was an idiot in the DenialZone that tried to present it as proof that Wilson was mediocre, except that Wilson was 8th and 13th in that stat the last 2 seasons, plus Josh McCown, Drew Stanton, Brian Hoyer, and Ryan Fitzpatrick were all in the top 10 this year.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-air-yards/2014/

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I love how people around the country act like he only wins because of the Defense. Like he has nothing to do with the team winning :roll:

Or, how if a team slows down Lynch, that they actually think Wilson can't beat them thru the air AND in the pocket. Ask the Panthers how RW does w/out Lynch putting up big numbers.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ZornwasaleftY":3r3nsmux said:
My man satchel is better at picking games then these idiots, and clowns like Pete "Pissquick" Prisco are not qualified to write for their old high school newspaper much less any sports outlet. They lead with their biases, and that's why they are usually wrong.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":286yv07g said:
ZornwasaleftY":286yv07g said:
My man satchel is better at picking games then these idiots, and clowns like Pete "Pissquick" Prisco are not qualified to write for their old high school newspaper much less any sports outlet. They lead with their biases, and that's why they are usually wrong.

The last time Prickso picked against the Packers was week 1. He picked them to go 15-1. He's working on an 0-7 streak against the spread for the Seahawks. Anyone else noticed he picked the Ryan Lindley-led Cardinals to win by 13 over Carolina on the road, and picked Seattle to only beat Carolina by 3 at home? He's such a biased ***hat.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
Wilson isn't mediocre. However, he statistically isn't as good as Rodgers. Here's the thing. Could Wilson beat Rodgers in Seattle if Rodgers was playing for the Seahawks. Remember this is a team game, and while Wilson is doing very well I don't think it means he's better than Rodgers, Brady, and Manning(historically not just this year) just because the Seahawks beat them. Remember the bucs D that won the superbowl with brad Johnson. Now I'm not saying Wilson is Brad Johnson. What I'm saying is that football is a team game, and if you have a great D and one of the best rushing attacks ever you have a lot better shot at winning.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Non-Seahawks fans like to hide behind the assumption that because we don't just put our entire offense on Wilson's shoulders, he's incapable of carrying it.

Faulty logic for the win. LOVE IT. Whatever helps you sleep at night, cheeseheads!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":24al07si said:
Wilson isn't mediocre. However, he statistically isn't as good as Rodgers. Here's the thing. Could Wilson beat Rodgers in Seattle if Rodgers was playing for the Seahawks. Remember this is a team game, and while Wilson is doing very well I don't think it means he's better than Rodgers, Brady, and Manning(historically not just this year) just because the Seahawks beat them. Remember the bucs D that won the superbowl with brad Johnson. Now I'm not saying Wilson is Brad Johnson. What I'm saying is that football is a team game, and if you have a great D and one of the best rushing attacks ever you have a lot better shot at winning.

Nobody said he's better... But the thing is the defense was pretty damn good in 2011 and we had Marshawn back then as well. We went 7-9. Give the man some credit for being a big improvement and not hurting his team. Also, part of the reason the rushing attack is so good is due in large part to Russell Wilson's scrambling ability. 800+ yards rushing as a QB

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
PackerBacker19":37hrdbbu said:

Truth. Rodgers is ahead of Wilson in quite a few stats. Not all, such as best playoff passer rating, but most. Here's the thing, though. He's not only a good quarterback, but a league-average running back in addition to that. So not only do you have to contend with the quarterback with the highest ever playoff passer rating, you also have to account for the league's #15 overall running back. And that doesn't even account for Marshawn Lynch, to say nothing of the defense. All with a bunch of UDFA receivers.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3q2x4dee said:
But you can make statistics say anything!
Being an engineer, the phrase we use in the aerospace industry is... "Torture the data until it confesses."

NINEster

Reaction score
Let's break it down for Wilson:

Eli Manning: 2-0 (1 home, 1 away)
Peyton Manning : 2-0 (neutral, home)
Tom Brady: 1-0 (home)
Drew Brees: 2-0 (home)
Aaron Rodgers: 2-0 (home)

Tota: 9-0

And now for Kaepernick:

Eli Manning: 1-0 (away)
Peyton Manning: 0-1 (away)
Tom Brady: 1-0 (away)
Drew Brees: 2-1 (away)
Aaron Rodgers: 3-0 (2 home, 1 away)
Joe Flacco: 0-1 (neutral)

Total: 7-3

Wilson has played every game but one at home/neutral.

Kaepernick has played every game but one away/neutral.

Considering how strong HFA is for Seattle and their tight margins of victory against Brady and Rodgers the first time, I'm pretty sure Wilson wouldn't be undefeated in this area had the locations been flipped.

NINEster

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1bjw1g0g said:
Non-Seahawks fans like to hide behind the assumption that because we don't just put our entire offense on Wilson's shoulders, he's incapable of carrying it.

Faulty logic for the win. LOVE IT. Whatever helps you sleep at night, cheeseheads!

Well Wilson isn't ready to carry the offense completely on his shoulders just yet.

San Diego, Dallas games allude to that, or at least demonstrate that the Seahawks are best suited to a higher run/pass ratio.

No shame in that, he's still a young buck in this league. There are not many truly successful high volume passers in the NFL. Maybe 3-4 tops.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
NINEster":2qmagmm1 said:
There are not many truly successful high volume passers in the NFL. Maybe 3-4 tops.

There are none against our defense. Russell Wilson is the very last QB I would want our defense to face. Not only does not he not force throws, he is clutch in the 4th Quarter and is the best dual threat in the league. Our defense has run roughshod over Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady. Wilson is the only QB who could really strike fear in our defense. Fortunately, we don't have to worry about that because he plays for us.

Latest posts