GB players comment on Clink noise

Laloosh

Reaction score
"I'll be honest," Bakhtiari said, "these guys were really freaking out about the noise, and it's all cracked up as it is. I had never been in that environment. So I was like, 'OK, how loud can it be compared to an away game? I've been in loud stadiums, OK. You don't understand.' So now that I've been there, I have an idea. I have first-hand experience, and it's not passed down through narrative."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... um=twitter

hoxrox

Reaction score
I thought their rookie center handled the noise pretty well in the first game. Don't think they had any false starts.

They just didn't handle Bennett and Avril very well. 8)

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I expect 'NFCCG loud' to be > 'Thursday Night Season Kickoff loud' Don't disappoint me, 12s! I'll be doing my part in front of my TV, I should be heard at the stadium from 45 miles away.

trharder

Reaction score
I think playing at the CLink earlier this year does help the cause of Green Bay. I don't think it will be enough, but I've noticed teams don't seem as bothered by the noise the second time around.

Ruminator

Reaction score
I think the Packers need something encouraging and motivational to help them deal with the impending loudness at the Clink. Perhaps the following comforting images would help.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The noise will be even louder because it's the NFC Championship game..At least I hope it is..For all who sold tickets..Hope you sold to fellow 12s..

HawkMeat

Reaction score
GeekHawk":17wo3zui said:
I expect 'NFCCG loud' to be > 'Thursday Night Season Kickoff loud' Don't disappoint me, 12s! I'll be doing my part in front of my TV, I should be heard at the stadium from 45 miles away.
Too bad the entire state doesn't yell on defense..in the streets, in and outside the stadium.

minormillikin

Reaction score
hoxrox":23340i8d said:
I thought their rookie center handled the noise pretty well in the first game. Don't think they had any false starts.

They just didn't handle Bennett and Avril very well. 8)

Visiting teams haven't had false start issues at Clink for a few years now. But that second part... Not being able to play well against guys like Bennett and Avril and the noise of the 12th Man is right on.

mitleth

Reaction score
The one thing that always bugs me, and I don't know why, is when I'm watching on TV and the announcers are talking about the noise, it's a critical moment, and they pan the crowd. I would say it looks like 7/10 people are screaming while the other 3 are just standing, watching, with their arms across their chests. To each his own, since they bought the tickets, but I can just imagine how much louder it COULD be.

I think the reason is that I live in Nebraska where the game experience here at Memorial Stadium is a joke. I want to scream but half the stadium is 70+ year-old fans that complain even if the music is too loud. I just want to be a part of he noise, especially where it is appreciated!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I don't the noise is the issue with less false starts.

I think lack of false starts is more a byproduct of our defense, and how little we use exotic packages/blitzes to throw offenses off guard in confusion to make them jump the snap.

Seahawks blitzed a lot under Holmgren/ John Marshall/Ray Rhodes days.

minormillikin

Reaction score
That's a good point about the blitzing that I hadn't considered. Regardless, opposing teams have done their best to get snaps off cleanly, but it doesn't protect them from the Devil's Choir once the play begins.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Everyone at the game should call their friends.
Put your phone on speaker phone and let your friends yell from their phone as well.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maybe we should just do what everyone accuses us of, actually pipe noise in :)

After all they did allow KC to do something like that and Minnesota right?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I don't think the noise at Clink is going to attribute to false starts as well as it once did. I mean it's obvious, if anything we get more false starts than opponents because Clink has the reputation of being loud already. So teams are preparing for it with their silent snap counts.

BUT I think the where Clink's noise does play a factor in are these areas:

1) Offense of opponents are limited because their audibles are pretty much taken away. So unless everyone on the team learns an even more complex set of quick hand signals, their playbook automatically gets slimmed down which of course helps the Seahawks defense.
2) Since the offense is already doing a silent count, yeah maybe the false starts aren't nearly as much as before. BUT I'm sure there are only a handful of silent counts that can exist out there, and therefore again gives the Seahawks defense just a half second jump start on the snap for QB pressure.

Bottomline, the noise still makes a difference and will always make a difference, BUT it will be in just overall effectiveness of the defense vs a raw stat like false starts.

I mean you could measure sacks and just defensive stats and I'm sure they are better at home than on the road, and I'm sure noise plays a factor in those stats.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
mitleth":y10omthh said:
The one thing that always bugs me, and I don't know why, is when I'm watching on TV and the announcers are talking about the noise, it's a critical moment, and they pan the crowd. I would say it looks like 7/10 people are screaming while the other 3 are just standing, watching, with their arms across their chests. To each his own, since they bought the tickets, but I can just imagine how much louder it COULD be.

I think the reason is that I live in Nebraska where the game experience here at Memorial Stadium is a joke. I want to scream but half the stadium is 70+ year-old fans that complain even if the music is too loud. I just want to be a part of he noise, especially where it is appreciated!

This is the reason why a big play no matter how loud the crowd is, will always spike the overall noise level. Without Queue or a big play, it's impossible to get 99% of the stadium screaming all at once. Just so many factors come into play why a number of the crowd will not be making noise at a particular instant like people not at their seat, someone checking their phone, talking, eating, drinking, not that into the game, a rival fan, going to his/her first game ever, being forced to accompany his/her man/woman and again not that into football, being actually mute, etc. Heck i'll admit while I am loud even before the huddle trying to disrupt their own huddle communication most of the crowd only gets loud at the line up trying to stop audibles and false starts. Also admittedly as I try to stay loud longer, I'm probably only projecting 80% sustained while others probably do 100% bursts in screams.

I think the one thing to note, is that the culture of if you're a hawk fan at Clink, your job is to be loud on defense is there. At least we have 7/10 people screaming on any given down. Where as other stadiums that may not have the culture, they're lucky to have even 3-5 out of 10 people screaming on any given down.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I have a feeling there will be a ton more Packer fans tomorrow than what showed up for the first game

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":3vtdhd5s said:
"I'll be honest," Bakhtiari said, "these guys were really freaking out about the noise, and it's all cracked up as it is. I had never been in that environment. So I was like, 'OK, how loud can it be compared to an away game? I've been in loud stadiums, OK. You don't understand.' So now that I've been there, I have an idea. I have first-hand experience, and it's not passed down through narrative."

As the intensity of playoff football is increased for the teams that are blessed to still be playing, so the intensity of the fans in the stadium increases in the post-season. They may have experienced us on opening day, but I dare say it will be even more intense tomorrow.

SalemHawks1

Reaction score
I have been to many games at the Clink it never fails to amaze me how loud the 12's are.
We need to be loud and proud tomorrow and cheer our team past the packers and on to the Super Bowl.

Go Hawks!!!! We love you man