Did Rogers really say the better team lost?

Northhawk

Reaction score
That's what the guys on the NFL Networks reported.

Talk about not taking accountability for your own play. How many points did Rogers leave on the board?

My opinion of Rogers just dropped ten fold.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Northhawk":2mz30uar said:
That's what the guys on the NFL Networks reported.

Talk about not taking accountability for your own play. How many points did Rogers leave on the board?

My opinion of Rogers just dropped ten fold.

To .1, or what?

Smellyman

Reaction score
He said the best team THAT DAY lost.

I would feel the same way if I was a Packer or a Packer fan.

that would be a tough one to swallow.

Exittium

Reaction score
Screw GB I'm starting to dislike them more and more. They had a lot of breaks from the refs. We fought through and won. They can dearly suck it

SuperFreak

Reaction score
He can say what he wants his season is done Seahawks sent his butt home.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
I believe what he said was "We were the better team today". Everything else is just changing his words to make them more inflammatory.

zifnab32

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":4o8djuyg said:
I believe what he said was "We were the better team today". Everything else is just changing his words to make them more inflammatory.

And honestly they probably were, I dunno what their Win Percentage was after that last pick but it had to be like 95%+.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Exittium":1y2lotfm said:
Screw GB I'm starting to dislike them more and more. They had a lot of breaks from the refs. We fought through and won. They can dearly suck it
Your posting is bizarre man. Refs had little to do with the 4 picks, fumbled kick return, or lack of ability to get pressure and/or resist it in pass blocking. We got annihilated for 3 quarters and if rodgers came out and flat out said the hawks didnt deserve it and the best team today lost, i couldnt really disagree and the refs would be the last part of the equation.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
No big deal. Most people would be pissed after such a loss ...
Dallas robbed Detroit
GB robbed Dallas
Hawks just outsmarted them, despite all the referees bad calls ...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Better team for 3/4ths of the game don't mean jack. The team with the most points at the end wins. End of story Erin!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Seahawks coughed up the ball and dropped it left and right. The offensive line got overrun. I can't blame him for thinking they lost the game. Maybe don't complain about it though unless you are shouldering burden for getting 19 points off 5 turnovers.

I would have felt the same way if it had gone the other way - Seattle beat themselves. *shrug*

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Packers were the better team for 3 1/2 quarters....they weren't at the end when it counted the most.

nepahawk

Reaction score
They might have been the better team for 3 1/4 quarters but not the last 3/4 qtr.
If you look at final stats, we had more 1st downs, more passing yds, more rushing yds.
Time of possession around the same.
Winning with 5 turnovers is impressive!!!

As fantastic of a win as it was, I don't want to relive this again anytime soon.

Go Hawks!

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I've always disliked Rodgers, but I have a ton of respect for what that team did today. To come into Seattle and win for 55 minutes deserves respect.

That said, the better team did not lose today. If you can't hold a 12 point lead with 3 minutes left, or if you can't win a game with a +3 T/O margin, then your team is not the better team.

You can argue that McCarthy got too conservative, you can argue luck, but at the end of the day, the better team won because they pulled off one of the most unlikely wins in NFL history. Green Bay lost to the better team playing some of their worst football. Alot of respect goes to GB for their game planning and making us look that bad, but no, they were not the better team.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
So let's recap, Aaron "best team lost" Rodgers:

1st Qtr Seattle's first possession, a turnover giving GB excellent field position. FG. Followed by immediately getting the ball back on the fumbled kickoff (Green Bay handed a free onsides kick at the Seattle 23.) FG.

Green Bay gets back to back possessions, starting at Seattle 19 and Seattle 23 and come away with 6 points. 9:53 taken off the clock at this point.

Seattle gets the ball with 3:52 left in the game at their own 31. TD
Onsides kick gives them back the ball at the 50. TD.

In between Green Bay scoring 6 with two back to back possessions and Seattle scoring 15 on two back to back possessions with incredibly worse field position, Green Bay outscored us only 13-7.

GB not able to drive a grand total of 42 yards on two possessions and settling for FG's while Seattle drives 139 yds on two possessions and gets TDs kinda says right there that the better team won bozo.

djb28

Reaction score
Seattle played 4 qtrs. Maybe Rodgers and the pack should have too.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
GB shrunk in the moment, but they outplayed and out executed us for 55 minutes.