The 2pt conversion

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Of all the plays that went against us, we had a lot that went our way in the final few minutes.
But the 2pt conversion has got to one of the most, if not the most, critical plays of the game.

RW scrambling for his life again, throws up a floater across the field to his man in the end zone, who was well covered, and the defender couldn't make the play.
Even the announcers were wondering why he couldn't have made a play on the ball with the amount of time the ball was in the air. It almost looked like the defender couldn't make up his mind to go for the ball or the hit.

Turned out good for us.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
That whole sequence of plays from the onside kick to the 2 pt play was just surreal . It was truly like a Hollywood movie .

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
All the "most critical play" threads make great points and are true but we do not win without all of them. Watch cannot work if it's even missing the smallest gear.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
How often do you get to see a Hail Mary two point conversion?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Honestly, that 2 point conversion was when I realized we were destined to win this game.

We couldn't lose it by a FG ala Altanta. and going to OT, after that.....who really thought we were going to lose ?

minormillikin

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":1i5lyx29 said:
Without the 2pt conversion. We lose.

Not necessarily. We would have been up by 1,instead of 3. The defense would play differently in that situation. We could have lost, or slammed the door shut with more aggressive defense. There's no way of knowing.

Luckily, it doesn't matter anymore.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The on-side kick was luckier for us. You see who was supposed to have gone up to catch that ball? Jordy Nelson. He would not have bumbled it to us like his teammate, who was supposed to be blocking, did.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":80leuw3x said:
The on-side kick was luckier for us. You see who was supposed to have gone up to catch that ball? Jordy Nelson. He would not have bumbled it to us like his teammate, who was supposed to be blocking, did.

exactly.. why assignments are so important and what makes the Hawks very good.

mikeak

Reaction score
He was going to throw a dart but didn't want Willson to drop it.....

And in regards to "we would have played differently". You mean like when we were up 1 against Atlanta.....

Yeah it allowed us to win the game

Smellyman

Reaction score
I think the wind may have caused that floater to keep drifting to Willson and HaHa misjudged as it just kept drifting.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":2xa3x6bk said:
I think the wind may have caused that floater to keep drifting to Willson and HaHa misjudged as it just kept drifting.

This x 1000

Watch the footage from behind the endzone. The ball seems to catch a gust and bends away from Willson and thus further away from HHCD.

I'm a big atheist but watching that play and RW pointing to the sky afterwards made me wonder for a second.

OP
OP
HomerJHawk

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2rmz42uh said:
Smellyman":2rmz42uh said:

This x 1000

Watch the footage from behind the endzone. The ball seems to catch a gust and bends away from Willson and thus further away from HHCD.

I'm a big atheist but watching that play and RW pointing to the sky afterwards made me wonder for a second.

I like this. I'll have to watch it again. The fact that HHCD seemed to be just watching it the whole time was odd.

ManBunts

Reaction score
THIS is why it pays to have a big freaking tight end. You know Russ saw him peeling away out of the corner of his eye, and when you have a 5'10 corner on a 6'5 TE, you loft it high and pray