Must suck to not be a true fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
That does suck . I wouldn't have left for the sheer ticket price and I'd would have wAnted to get in as much seahawks football I can reguardless

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Never left a game early in my life. Never will. I have sat to the bitter end of some pretty bad Seahawks games. Idiots!

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
The only people I feel bad for in those pictures are the kids. They have no say in the matter and you know their parents are ushering then out saying "come on kids, it's over" and deprived them of one the best sports moments in not only Seattle history, but all of sports history.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Even if they lost, this is pathetic. Stand there and support your team and thank them for two amazing years.

HHawk121

Reaction score
They deserved to hear the cheers and fireworks from outside the stadium... they earned the early exit.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
We were at a Vball tourney here in KC most the day. Left and went to the first of my son's Bball tourney games. Got home with about 8 minutes left in the 4th. I had been watching the score so I knew it looked bleak. Told the kids we needed to watch it. My 13 year old kept saying we would do it, because we put the flag out:) i said it could happen, but it was okay if it didnt. I told them we would watch it till the end even if we were late to the next Bball game.

So glad we turned it on and stuck with em. Lifelong memory right there for all of us. Great life lesson too. Would have been easy not too watch, for some I suppose. 12's to the end win or lose. In this case one of the greatest wins ever.

Go Hawks!!

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
Timberhawk":2gjxfa4m said:
We were at a Vball tourney here in KC most the day. Left and went to the first of my son's Bball tourney games. Got home with about 8 minutes left in the 4th. I had been watching the score so I knew it looked bleak. Told the kids we needed to watch it. My 13 year old kept saying we would do it, because we put the flag out:) i said it could happen, but it was okay if it didnt. I told them we would watch it till the end even if we were late to the next Bball game.

So glad we turned it on and stuck with em. Lifelong memory right there for all of us. Great life lesson too. Would have been easy not too watch, for some I suppose. 12's to the end win or lose. In this case one of the greatest wins ever.

Go Hawks!!

Very good learnig experience. ..40+ yrs let you believe in miracles

Peace

daveman918

Reaction score
The 6 or so that left early, a few rows in front of us, were not the regulars. Bunch of Freds (posers) with new jerseys, etc. All the regulars stuck it out to,the end.

White Knight

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1l0p7o8p said:
That does suck . I wouldn't have left for the sheer ticket price and I'd would have wAnted to get in as much seahawks football I can reguardless

Exactly my thoughts. Still can't believe I was able to see this in person.

Five people in my row left early. Tisk, tisk...

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
PFT had an awesome quote:

"Let this be a lesson to football fans everywhere: If you’re going to spend a lot of money to watch your team in a playoff game, go ahead and stick around for the ending, even if it’s looking bleak for the home team. You may someday want to tell your grandchildren about that time you saw one of the best finishes in football history. Your grandchildren will be unimpressed with a story about making good time on the way home from the stadium."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...tle-fans-left-early-missed-seahawks-comeback/

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
As I sat alone in my 10 X 10 cell of a room in Angola wondering why in the hell I was staying up so late to watch a game that was clearly out of reach, I made a decision, and I think it is the reason that we won.

I called home and said goodnight. Told them I was going to bed, because I had to get up for work in 4 hours and it was not worth it to put myself through the pain. Of course I stayed up, and as the comeback progresses I got text after text telling me to turn the TV back on. I ignored them all because I knew that the only way for us to win was for me to stay the course and let the family believe that I was missing the best game in Seahawk history.

As they scored the OT touchdown, I got a text saying that we had won and that I should never give up, and that 20 extra minutes of sleep would haunt me for the rest of my life. I called home again and said that I had faked the whole thing, but I couldn't let them know or it would jinx us.

Needless to say, I am very tired this morning and will probably fall asleep at my desk several times today. But there is no better reason for deriliction of duty than yesterdays game.

I love this team

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Ha. Those people remind me of the ball carrier who has 20 yards of nothing behind him, but drops the ball in a moment of absent-minded hubris just before crossing the goal line. That idiot gets roasted all over the media and forums, but some other idiot somewhere else will do the exact same thing 5 or 6 years later.

Learn from others' mistakes. Never ever leave a game early!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":13g7w8t5 said:
PFT had an awesome quote:

"Let this be a lesson to football fans everywhere: If you’re going to spend a lot of money to watch your team in a playoff game, go ahead and stick around for the ending, even if it’s looking bleak for the home team. You may someday want to tell your grandchildren about that time you saw one of the best finishes in football history. Your grandchildren will be unimpressed with a story about making good time on the way home from the stadium."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...tle-fans-left-early-missed-seahawks-comeback/

Sad thing is, most of those people will probably lie and tell a story about how they saw "the greatest ending ever."

2hawk22

Reaction score
Maybe the fans of other teams are correct. Seahawk fans are even douches to other seahawk fans

Status
Not open for further replies.