Sherman: Elbow injury - "I'll 100 percent be able to play"

razgriz737

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/556968509301743616[/tweet]

Thought I would just post this so others don't have to sift through those other threads.

Exittium

Reaction score
Doesn't he still have to pass the MRI tomorrow? Thought on one of the networks I saw that.

chris98251

Reaction score
Full season he may have issues, one game and two weeks to get right and to have the doctors rig up support and all he will be ready.

vonstout

Reaction score
I couldn't believe GB didn't at least run to his side since he was playing with one arm. He was in serious pain when he made his only tackle after he got hurt. Absolute stud. This defensive performance was incredible.

kmedic

Reaction score
I rewatched the play where Sherman gets hit. It's not the elbow, it's beneath the back of his left shoulder. I had a similar injury happen to me with the same painful 'dead arm'. It ended up being a herniated cervical disc with nerve impingement down the left arm (radiculopathy). I wouldn't be surprised if that's what the MRI shows tomorrow. If it's serious enough, it could require surgery but in most cases rest will heal it. In some cases an epidural can be very helpful as well. I would expect Sherman to be ok in 2 weeks.