Gold cleats

mikeak

Reaction score
Fox showed Lynch gold cleats but ESPN is reporting that Lynch would be suspended for both this past game and the Super Bowl if he wore them. They are saying he did not wear them

So old clip / this is going to be an issue??? Anyone look at their dvr to see what he wore? Wonder if he simply took them off in halftime

HHawk121

Reaction score
he wore his signature gold cleated blue and greens.... same as every other game this year.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
He never wore them. Glazer talked about it pre-game, said NFL wouldn't allow him to play until he switched, Lynch was not happy obviously, and ended up just switching cleats to be able to play.

This was the one he wanted to wear.

gold-cleats-for-marshawn-lynch-nfl-threaten-to-eject.png

hawkfannj

Reaction score
No they are gold on the bottom . The ones they are talking about are all gold

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
Then I am confused. Clearly in the ticker that gold cleats was not worn and is violation. Maybe sole is gold but not actual cleats???

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2913ujvs said:
He never wore them. Glazer talked about it pre-game, said NFL wouldn't allow him to play until he switched, Lynch was not happy obviously, and ended up just switching cleats to be able to play.

This was the one he wanted to wear.

gold-cleats-for-marshawn-lynch-nfl-threaten-to-eject.png
Thanks!

Totally missed all pregame stuff

And those are sick

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Me thinks Rog is focused on the wrong things. He has much more pressing issues like the state of officating amongst other things than to be worried about the color of cleats that a RB he doesn't like is wearing. What a tool!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":32xrmfqe said:
Me thinks Rog is focused on the wrong things. He has much more pressing issues like the state of officating amongst other things than to be worried about the color of cleats that a RB he doesn't like is wearing. What a tool!

"god's" reaction to this sort of thing is indeed petty.

But think about what would happen if the league began allowing it? Divas would start pushing their own version of the uniform in various ways; the line is drawn here because a line needs to be drawn somewhere. With that in mind, I understand their need to protect the "product" on the field and uniform standards.

I'd have loved to see Beast rolling with the gold footwear, though.

lobohawk

Reaction score
A 1-2 game ban for not wearing approved shoes?!? What did Suh get for stomping on Rogers? Meh

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
lobohawk":1iins70s said:
A 1-2 game ban for not wearing approved shoes?!? What did Suh get for stomping on Rogers? Meh

If he had worn them and then realized the issue then I agree way overblown punishment.

BUT being told before that he can't wear them and still put them on.... Yeah that would have been pissing some people off. As is he gave the finger after a TD and left without being available to the media. $100k fine coming up