Best Seahawks win of all time?

soje

Reaction score
I've been a fan since the early 2000s and I can't remember a more thrilling, dramatic and against the odds win than this one against the Packers. We've come back from deeper holes (point wise) before but I don't remember anything this late in the 4th quarter, or in such an important stage like the NFCCG.

Anyone with a better memory than me? Or, anything before 2000?

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Um, gotta say Super Bowl 48 is No.1
Last year's NFC title game is No.2
This is No. 3.

Msfann

Reaction score
Reaneypark":q8cafvjo said:
Um, gotta say Super Bowl 48 is No.1
Last year's NFC title game is No.2
This is No. 3.

I cant disagree with that at all. :th2thumbs:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I don't think this is the greatest win, Superbowl obviously,
but in the manner of how it was won and what the significance of this game was, I think it was the greatest game the Hawks have ever played.

Last years NFCCG I never felt we would lose, but this game, victory was all but probable.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
How are we defining "best"? Seriously, I'm curious; because this isn't even in the top 10 or 15 for me. We won, and it turned out to be epic as hell, but damn were we ugly almost the entire game.

kf3339

Reaction score
This may very well be the best "come from behind win" of all time. But the best "win" of all time still has to be the Super Bowl last year. Remember everyone was predicting Manning was going to just butt stomp us in that game. It felt so good that we did it to him and the Broncos instead.

For me this win is in the top 5 because of the importance of the game.

OP
OP
soje

soje

Reaction score
Best win meaning what was at stake and how improbable it was at certain points of the game.

The Super Bowl was more important of course (plus we played an almost perfect and beautiful game), but that game was over after the 1st half. Last year against SF was good too since it was against our most hated rivals.

But this one... it feels like I was dead and came back to life!

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
I still think last year's NFC title game, with Sherman's tip at the end, was the best win of all time. Super Bowl was great, but was never close. This one is probably #2 for me. I'm still trying to process what happened yesterday.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
soje":3n47j10n said:
I've been a fan since the early 2000s and I can't remember a more thrilling, dramatic and against the odds win than this one against the Packers. We've come back from deeper holes (point wise) before but I don't remember anything this late in the 4th quarter, or in such an important stage like the NFCCG.

Anyone with a better memory than me? Or, anything before 2000?

Thrilling: Agreed
Dramatic: Agreed
Against the odds: Agreed

Best: Disagree. Last year's NFCCG was 'best' in my mind because we played consistently well for most of the game against a very tough opponent. The 9ers were easily the better defense when compared to Green Bay.

Why is it that Russ and our 'O' always seem to have a stinker of a game when it's raining? Maybe the coaches should place more emphasis on proper handling of a wet ball when the forecast dictates. The Packers seemed much better at that overall, but I suppose they collectively have more 'good hands' people. We really missed Richardson in this one. Glad the SB is in sunny Glendale, so this nightmare is less likely to repeat itself.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":d4p3rc7d said:
How are we defining "best"? Seriously, I'm curious; because this isn't even in the top 10 or 15 for me. We won, and it turned out to be epic as hell, but damn were we ugly almost the entire game.

I feel the same. Severely disappointed for 3 quarters followed by an improbable, near-miracle finish doesn't equal 'best' in my book. I'm happy they dug themselves out of a hole, but they put themselves there in the first place. Bailey had a week to get ready to play RT. He should have done better....YES, even against Peppers. He needs to take his practice and preparation more seriously. Hopefully Britt will be back in two weeks.

2hawk22

Reaction score
I can't say that a game they didn't show up for and got lucky at the end is the best game of all time.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Personnally, the win against N.O. with the Beast Quake run was the best "game" for me. They supposedly had no chance but I don't remember another game where everyone fought for every inch like they did that day.

#1 Seahawk Win? SB 48

This was a great finish though. NO DOUBT.. AWESOME!!