Penalties

seabowl

Reaction score
We have been living on the edge all year with stupid penalties such as offsides, false starts etc... Yesterday was by far no exception and from a fans perspective incredibly frustrating.I think it will be imperative vs the Pats to keep these to a minimum to win. Brady is great at the hard count and I'm concerned Bennett and crew will commit their share especially without the Clink noise to drown out the hard count. Hopefully this will be a major topic in the coaching sessions during the 2 week breather.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The defensive false starts have to stop. This has been an ongoing issue and it almost hurt them yesterday. No need for stupid pre-snap faux pas.

ManBunts

Reaction score
I'm tempted to say that our tendency to jump offsides is a by-product of our defensive scheme. Our pass rushers are, by pass rushing standards, pretty freaking tiny. But damn quick. And they know that's the key. They have to beat the 350lb piece of meat across from them. I think that need to be the fastest is what results in a lot of these penalties. And while I hate them, meh, it happens. I'm more pissed at the crappy "hands to the face" when he was clearly gripping shoulder pad, or the multitude of missed holds when we did beat them. I appreciate the let 'em play attitudes by the refs, but there was some stuff missed, or called, that made a difference here.

...but 4 turnovers never helps anyone, so really, we're the only ones to blame