What was your response?

minormillikin

Reaction score
When Kearse caught the game-winner and you knew we had won the game, how did you respond?

For me the first part is a bit of a blur (I had not been drinking) . I think I jumped off my couch and hugged/high-fived/kissed my wife and we cheered like crazy.

My brain then stopped working correctly. I was in disbelief and needed to get up and do something. I went to the kitchen, took a big swig of scotch, then went to my humidor to grab a cigar.

I then went out wandering along the street, in a daze, with tears in my eyes and holding back a crazed chuckle. I was walking along the side of street, smoking a big cigar, while other fans drove by honking and cheering at the crazy guy in the 12 uniform. I'll always remember the booms of fireworks (and more cheering) coming from unseen parts of my neighborhood.

It took me about 45 minutes before I felt normal, but even now just thinking about the end of the game makes my eyes a little wetter than they need to be.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I yelled, jumped off the couch in one movement, there was so sitting up, and threw my beanie across the room screaming walking around.... I was gooooone

sutz

Reaction score
My first thought was: "Where's the flag?"

:twisted:

OP
OP
minormillikin

minormillikin

Reaction score
sutz":38bdnvjl said:
My first thought was: "Where's the flag?"

:twisted:

I actually always have that thought, at least momentarily. But this play looked clean and I was sure it would stay in the books almost immediately.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I actually said "we just won the game" while the ball was still in flight. Honest, no bullshit. To my eye it was obvious the ball was perfectly thrown and that Kearse had 3/4 of a step on the guy which I could see was enough. When he caught it I just started screaming "we're going to the Super Bowl again" and did so about 4 or 5 times while hugging the wife and jumping up and down.

Aristotle22

Reaction score
Ran around the house cheering and whooping. Hugged my wife high fived the dogs.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
minormillikin":2xlxoem8 said:
When Kearse caught the game-winner and you knew we had won the game, how did you respond?

For me the first part is a bit of a blur (I had not been drinking) . I think I jumped off my couch and hugged/high-fived/kissed my wife and we cheered like crazy.

My brain then stopped working correctly. I was in disbelief and needed to get up and do something. I went to the kitchen, took a big swig of scotch, then went to my humidor to grab a cigar.

I then went out wandering along the street, in a daze, with tears in my eyes and holding back a crazed chuckle. I was walking along the side of street, smoking a big cigar, while other fans drove by honking and cheering at the crazy guy in the 12 uniform. I'll always remember the booms of fireworks (and more cheering) coming from unseen parts of my neighborhood.

It took me about 45 minutes before I felt normal, but even now just thinking about the end of the game makes my eyes a little wetter than they need to be.

Great post.

Great posts by everyone.

I was in chat, and the flood of emotions in there was unbelievable.

Beautiful game, hell of a great time. Shout out to all my seahawk brethren that rode the Blue Wave yesterday.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Jumped up...screamed "Game Over - We're going to the Super Bowl!" and high-fived and hugged my wife and daughters!

Then continued to walk around the house cheering and processing the feelings of astonishment and unbelief.

Zybot

Reaction score
It is really a blur. I jumped out of my seat. Hands in the air. Hugged the random guy next to me. Said, we frwakin did it. Then I looked at the stoic Packer fan in the row behind. High fived the people in the row below me. I just kept saying unbelievable. Pure Euphoria!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I just shook my head.

seriously. the game made no sense.

Boycie

Reaction score
minormillikin":1igglivh said:

I jumped up and yelled and now my neighbours (I just moved into the neighbourhood) think I'm crazy. I don't care though, I have enough friends.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
First I hugged the Sea Chicken. For real

KbTentd

Then I leaned over the rail and hugged Chris Matthews, Luke Willson, Jermaine Kearse and a whole bunch of other Hawks. (Thomas jersey, lower right corner)

B6Xds4W

- bsd RPA

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I was already on my feet pacing the livingroom, I then ran through the house screaming "we're going to the Super Bowl",
then out the front door to scream and yell amidst the sound of horns, yells, fireworks etc.
Then I went back in the house the wife was crying, I was still jacked up, way up, then watched the post game hype.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
i was silent. i was actually silent.....i looked to my wife and said its over...sat down and went to open a bottle of wine. i don't drink during games.

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
I jumped up high fiven everyone. Screaming in disbelief "That just happened it really happened"

A

Anonymous

bigskydoc":2zmj82k2 said:
First I hugged the Sea Chicken. For real

KbTentd

Then I leaned over the rail and hugged Chris Matthews, Luke Willson, Jermaine Kearse and a whole bunch of other Hawks. (Thomas jersey, lower right corner)

B6Xds4W

- bsd RPA

Did they smell like champions?

halps80

Reaction score
I was out of town at a sports bar in Tampa filled with packers fans. I fell flat on my back in the (filthy) floor with my fists in the air like dikembe mutumbo while my buddies piled on me.