He didn't have a message..

SonicHawk

Reaction score
HE DIDN'T HAVE A EDITED FOR LANGUAGE MESSAGE.

I'm allowed to swear when I'm directly quoting a Seahawk player that was broadcast on radio right?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
What the heck does that mean? I do get Baldwin being overcome with emotions after this improbable come back but he was shut down most of the day and had trouble separating when covered by green bay line backers.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":i9f70fkp said:
What the heck does that mean? I do get Baldwin being overcome with emotions after this improbable come back but he was shut down most of the day and had trouble separating when covered by green bay line backers.

What does that have to do anything?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I understood him. Angie tried to make the game about Russell. It wasn't about Russell.

OP
OP
SeaChase

SeaChase

Reaction score
I think Wilson usually talks people up on the sideline but didn't have a message to the disastrous 1st half play. Just my guess

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
In the Raible and Moon commentary video you can hear him say those words to Erin, and then it slowly faints as he was moving away from her to find Kearse. He said after the message part "We just do what we do"

ivotuk

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":qlgie7x0 said:
In the Raible and Moon commentary video you can hear him say those words to Erin, and then it slowly faints as he was moving away from her to find Kearse. He said after the message part "We just do what we do"

It was Jen Mueller doing the interview.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I don't think it means anything other than 'there was nothing different that Russell said or did before that drive. We made plays. We just did our job.' Translate this into 'immediately after the game-winning drive in a miracle come-from-behind victory, and this is what you get. Same as Richard Sherman's emotional rant after last year's NFCCG.

I really don't think it was intended as a slight at Russ.

Basis4day

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":2iqpds6t said:

That's what i heard too. They didn't need some cliche sports movie speech to go out there and win. They just went out and did it.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
ivotuk":3acoh63d said:
theincrediblesok":3acoh63d said:

Oh my bad it was Jen Mueller

WendellWent

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2kats9rc said:
I understood him. Angie tried to make the game about Russell. It wasn't about Russell.

I think it was more about the fact he didn't NEED a message, Russell didn't NEED to say anything.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
WendellWent":26xzs4ub said:
Scottemojo":26xzs4ub said:

I think it was more about the fact he didn't NEED a message, Russell didn't NEED to say anything.
I could see that too.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Well, Sherman had a message. He wanted to make one and he did.

Russell, just won the game and handled it like any other game. Answered questions and went to the locker room.

Am I on the right track?

ivotuk

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3c7myyy1 said:
ivotuk":3c7myyy1 said:
theincrediblesok":3c7myyy1 said:

Oh my bad it was Jen Mueller

:p

KatarHol

Reaction score
SeaChase":3h34y970 said:
I think Wilson usually talks people up on the sideline but didn't have a message to the disastrous 1st half play. Just my guess
That is the most comically bad interpretation of that quote possible. Almost troll like

irocdave

Reaction score
WTF is Baldwin going off about? Were reporters on the side line telling they suck and lost the game? What am I missing here?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":9fsiaqzg said:
WendellWent":9fsiaqzg said:
Scottemojo":9fsiaqzg said:

I could see that too.

I think you were right the first time. When Kearse and Baldwin were asked about Russell during their press conference and they shot a glance at each other that I thought they might be annoyed or at least an inside joke between them. I'm probably wrong, but if I'm not it's a little sad. Russell talks them up every chance he gets.